NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The NEW New Super Mario Bros. U Thread

New Super Luigi U is live at midnight on Thursday. £17.99

Man, I thought it would be £15 or under. :(

Looks like its a late night for me on Thursday. :)

Stupid question maybe, but is it a standalone title or do I need to purchase NSMBU also?

Stupid question maybe, but is it a standalone title or do I need to purchase NSMBU also?

If you're buying it retail next month, it's standalone. If you're wanting to buy it digitally, it is NSMBU DLC so requires NSMBU

It's been a while since I've wanted to buy a game just because the boxart is incredible.

If you're buying it retail next month, it's standalone. If you're wanting to buy it digitally, it is NSMBU DLC so requires NSMBU

Shame they aren't releasing a bundle with both retailgames for say €80,-

I would've bought it...

Now it's only retail Super Luigi U, or nothing for me... :red:

Shame they aren't releasing a bundle with both retailgames for say €80,-

I would've bought it...

Now it's only retail Super Luigi U, or nothing for me... :red:

Why's that? New Super Luigi has less levels, and shorter levels. It's clearly an expansion...I'm not sure why you wouldn't want NSMBU. Besides, you could probably get NSMBU and then download it for €80

Hmmm. What to do what to do.

I had NSMBU when I first got my Wii U - 100% it. Loved it.

Got rid of it when sold Wii U in the new year. Obviously now have a new one. I have a pre-order down for the boxed version and intend to buy but I am not actually gonna play / open it as I think it's gonna be a collectors item so intend to keep it sealed.

So was gonna buy DLC but don't have NSMBU... :weep:

And it's not exactly cheap anywhere...

Hmm. :shakehead

And now I don't know what action is best to take

New Super Luigi U is live at midnight on Thursday. £17.99

I came in here intending to ask how you it would cost... thanks!

Does anyone know how big the file size will be?

Is the retail version going to stay at costing £30? I think I would prefer to disc to save eating into my precious Wii U memory.... BUT for an extra £12? I dunno. :hmm:

I came in here intending to ask how you it would cost... thanks!

Does anyone know how big the file size will be?

Is the retail version going to stay at costing £30? I think I would prefer to disc to save eating into my precious Wii U memory.... BUT for an extra £12? I dunno. :hmm:

The download is approx. 1.5GB.

Retail will stay around £30. It's a very limited edition and will cease being on sale by the end of the year

Is it just me or does this look insanely difficult? It's like a nightmare version of the original.

Why's that? New Super Luigi has less levels, and shorter levels. It's clearly an expansion...I'm not sure why you wouldn't want NSMBU. Besides, you could probably get NSMBU and then download it for €80

Ah, wasn't aware that it's not a full game, but instead a much smaller game, contentwise. In that case I'm buying none I guess. Will wait for DK and SM3DW instead, maybe Pikmin 3, Game&Wario.

Is it just me or does this look insanely difficult? It's like a nightmare version of the original.

It's essentially New Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels.

I am so psyched :D I love it when things get Nintendo Hard

Hopefully. I'm sick of all these promises of it being the hardest Mario yet, only to have it finished the next day. If its Lost Levels hard then I'll bea happy chappy.

It's essentially New Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels.

I am so psyched :D I love it when things get Nintendo Hard

Hopefully. I'm sick of all these promises of it being the hardest Mario yet, only to have it finished the next day. If its Lost Levels hard then I'll bea happy chappy.

Stop getting me hyped guys, I'm trying to retain myself from buying both. There are just too many great games coming out until end of the year... And to think I also need to buy FE Awakenings... :nono:

Got rid of it when sold Wii U in the new year. Obviously now have a new one. I have a pre-order down for the boxed version and intend to buy but I am not actually gonna play / open it as I think it's gonna be a collectors item so intend to keep it sealed.

Stop selling your stuff only to want to buy it again later!! :P

Why'd you sell your Wii U only to buy another one? Just curious.

Reminds me of when I sold New super mario bros wii after completing it only to buy it back again a few months later. THEN I SOLD IT AGAIN!

I never learn my lesson.

Oh Jesus we've had this conversation many times before so I won't go there again.

Also, I don't wanna buy NSMBU again, I didn't say that - I want to buy NSLU. But as my post says, I want the DLC and can't download that without NSMBU. I intend to buy the boxed copy of NSLU but don't want to open it as I want it as a collectors item.

Hence my predicament / general crying face.

Just wondering...

Does the disc need to be in the console every time you want to play the dlc?

Oh Jesus we've had this conversation many times before so I won't go there again.

Also, I don't wanna buy NSMBU again, I didn't say that - I want to buy NSLU. But as my post says, I want the DLC and can't download that without NSMBU. I intend to buy the boxed copy of NSLU but don't want to open it as I want it as a collectors item.

Hence my predicament / general crying face.

Buy 2 copies of NSLU?

Buying two would actually be a good idea. One is enough for me though.

Buying two would actually be a good idea. One is enough for me though.

I'm downloading the DLC version on Thursday, and getting retail for my birthday on July 28th. I'm happy :)

And so you should be happy...

New-Super-Luigi-U-Box-Art.jpg

That box will make anyone happy

tumblr_lx4gg6Ftww1qb9h9jo1_400.gif