NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The NEW New Super Mario Bros. U Thread

EU Box-art for New Super Luigi U

grbo.png

June 20th download

July 26th retail. Limited release

Japan has it for 2000Yen download, 3100Yen retail. North America has it for $19.99 download, $29.99 retail. It'll likely be £15 download, £25 retail here

I can just imagine Iwata panicking after he said that they're only going to release one New Super Mario Bros. game on each console and then giving a promotion to whoever suggested New Super Luigi U.

That box art is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Joyous.

I may have to buy both retail and digital just so I can get me that box and I don't have to wait. Haha I kid.

But damn. So sexy.

That box art is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Joyous.

I may have to buy both retail and digital just so I can get me that box and I don't have to wait. Haha I kid.

But damn. So sexy.

It's sad but that is tempting.

I know I'll digitally download...but SOOOO temping

I can just imagine Iwata panicking after he said that they're only going to release one New Super Mario Bros. game on each console and then giving a promotion to whoever suggested New Super Luigi U.

But hey, this is DLC so it's still technically only one game. Just think of the possibilities: New Super Toad Bros. U, New Super Nabbit Bros U., New Super Trying to Please Anita Sarkeesian Oh God Why Do We Even Bother Peach Sisters U etc!

But hey, this is DLC so it's still technically only one game. Just think of the possibilities: New Super Toad Bros. U, New Super Nabbit Bros U., New Super Trying to Please Anita Sarkeesian Oh God Why Do We Even Bother Peach Sisters U etc!

2014: Year of Blue Toad.

Takamoto: I thought it was just a way to get our loyal fanbase to buy both versions and spend close to full price for a download attachment.

Iwata: That would be quite devious of Miyamoto-san. (laughs)

Miyamoto: Well, I have been playing Dr. Kawashmia's Devilish Brain Training lately.

Everyone: (laughs)

Yep, this will probably be me. :(

For something which is technically the same game as Mario U, that box looks so damn good. It's tempting to get both, but i will most likely download it. Time to crack the original by 20th June.

Why I want the physical copy

1. The Box is green.
  2. Luigi is the main character.
  3. The 'Year of Luigi' logo is on the box.
  4. Limited release.

1. The Box is green.
  4. Limited release.

Same here, but it's waiting 5 weeks and clashes with Pikmin

I can see that as a problem for others, but for me I can easily wait. Besides, I haven't played Pikmin 1 & 2 yet.

I am definitely going to buy the boxed release, it screams out future collectable lol!

Not necessarily wasnt Wind Waker on GC with the OOT disc "limited edition". You could find copies everywhere!

1. The Box is green.
  4. Limited release.

Just imagine, to go with it, a limited edition Luigi green Wii U console! Would be swooning all over that! :D

I am definitely going to buy the boxed release, it screams out future collectable lol!

THIS! It's gonna be the next Metroid Prime Trilogy/US Xenoblade/US Super Mario All Stars for sure!

It'll be worth something in the future...

If you're downloading, presumably you need the New Super Mario Bros U disc in so it's not like it's really going to be any more convenient to have it on the console, I guess.. so I'm almost certain to go for the retail version :grin: My reluctance to ever want to have to buy an HDD for the Wii U is also a factor..

I just don't know if I can wait. I have little patience :(

Will see the price ShopTo give it. GAME have it as £40

If ShopTo put it up for pre-order I'll definitely be getting it, will most likely download it first though then keep the boxed copy sealed, it'll be worth a fair bit in the future for sure. :)

My birthday is July 28th, so I may download and ask for the retail as a birthday present...and then if I ever replay the 2D Marios (which does happen from time to time), I'll use the retail copy.

I'm a hard person to buy for, anyway, as I always buy what I want

Question: Will the NSMBU disc have to be in to play NSLU even after the download, or not? I'm confused with DLC on consoles?

Question: Will the NSMBU disc have to be in to play NSLU even after the download, or not? I'm confused with DLC on consoles?

I believe so, yes.

EU Box-art for New Super Luigi U

grbo.png

Lol, I like that they've changed it so Toad is potentially dicking a shell instead of a yoshi now ;)

Anyhow, I do rather like that boxart. I've not played/bought NSMBU, but that game bloody tempts me and I don't know why - just because of Luigi?!

Wish they'd dropped the 'New' from it though - I understand the idea but it's pointless - people will know what it is. Plus Super Luigi doesn't need a 'new', it's never been done before!

Nintendo are so silly sometimes.