NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The NEW New Super Mario Bros. U Thread

I just can't understand how anyone can possibly think that. The levels are bog standard NSMB fare, the same predictable stuff we've gotten three times previously and the usual left to right with a few obstacles and easily uncovered hidden bits behind walls.

You mean eight, with that mind set, every Mario game since Mario Bros came out are bog standard, Mario 3 and Super Mario World are also terrible design since you go from left to right.

You mean eight, with that mind set, every Mario game since Mario Bros came out are bog standard, Mario 3 and Super Mario World are also terrible design since you go from left to right.

Eh? My point was that the level design in Mario U is pretty much identical to the other three NSMBs. Mix them all up and you wouldn't know which was from which installment. Nothing new here, except HD visuals.

I've just finished 3D Land for the second time, now there's quality level design. Mario U has very bog standard gameplay for the most part, especially in comparison.

I can agree that with all the NSMB that you could not tell the difference between them except that the latest one has HD graphics. I dont necessarily agree that because the latest addition does not evolve or revolutionise the series that it is not as good. It depends what you want from a sequel. I generally buy sequels because i like what i saw in the previous game.

With my GamePad back I decided to check out the Miiverse and see what the crack was. I noticed on certain messages you have a little tag and can see who else has posted the same thing as you. This being the case I decided to check out who else had finished and posted the special message for getting 5 stars on the game. Turns out quite a few, but I scrolled to find that I was the first to get the special message and post it on the Euro Miiverse. Go me! :D

Well done @Hero\-of\-Time

I think the level design in this game is amazing. I'm only doing half a world every few days to stretch it out because I think it's so fabulous. Anyone who doesn't have fun with this HAS NO SOUL!

Anyone who doesn't have fun with this HAS NO SOUL!

It certainly has been fun.. and there's plenty more still to do :yay:

Having said that, does anyone else really dislike the ghost houses in the New Super Mario Bros games..? I thought they were kinda cool and creep in Super Mario World but they're just not that fun anymore :hmm:

this game is really fun to play, and extremely hard, mario 3d land was easy, i love these kinda mario games the most, next to mario galaxy, this mario bros U, i a game i can play over and over and over lol, or just for fun with friends. it would be more fun if they would have added online gameplay with up to 5 players lol and some mini games they could easily do thay with the 25 gig disc space, or even add it as DLC

Having said that, does anyone else really dislike the ghost houses in the New Super Mario Bros games..? I thought they were kinda cool and creep in Super Mario World but they're just not that fun anymore :hmm:

High five Nando.

:hug:

Totally agree.

These are the one stage / level I'd like to see banished / overhauled before anything else. Or just dont have as many of them!

I agree, but not just in NSMB. I think you're letting the 3D games off the hook! ;) The thing I like least in the NSMB series is the Mini Mushroom.

If there's one thing I could rid the Mario series of in general, it'd be 1-hit runs, followed by Shadow Mario.

I've only gone through the first world so far but damn good game and alot of fun. Those sexy HD gwaffix man, everything it so clean and crisp. Love it.

Is there no way to have a back up power during a level like in past NSMB games and SMW? Also how to do post message in the game?

Is there no way to have a back up power during a level like in past NSMB games and SMW? Also how to do post message in the game?

Nope for the first part. No backup power item.

As for the second. After clearing levels, failing a level multiple times, and some other instances, the game asks if you want to post to Miiverse. This way, your post has the level from which you posted it. You can also just press the home button, go to Miiverse and post from there.

I just beat Bowser earlier on. Fantastic game, I love it. Though I did find the final battle to be quite easy. Did it in one go. Still bloody brilliant though.

Now I have all the star coins and other special bits to get.

Another stupid question but how to you take screenshots?

Just press the home button while you're playing a game and go post on Miiverse (the option to include either screenshot of your TV or Gamepad will appear on the right).

Every game works the same way with this.

Another stupid question but how to you take screenshots?

When you press the home button, it 'saves' two pictures that you can use. One being the image on screen, the other the image on the gamepad (I believe that is how it is).

So, press the home button when you want to post an image to Miiverse, go to where you can post and you should see a photo icon just to the right of the post screen. Select the image and post from there.

I just beat Bowser earlier on. Fantastic game, I love it. Though I did find the final battle to be quite easy. Did it in one go. Still bloody brilliant though.

I thought the final boss battle was pretty poor and uninspired. I recently finished 3D Land for the second time and I thought the final boss battle with Bowser, where you're basically running away from him and his incoming fireballs, was outstanding. Great adrenaline rush, great music, great camera angles. Likewise the 2D final battle in NSMBWii was also pretty decent, also running away from him.

Sounds like quality DLC! I hope it's reasonably priced, to refresh and tweak every course in the game I'd happily pay £15!

Sounds like quality DLC! I hope it's reasonably priced, to refresh and tweak every course in the game I'd happily pay £15!

They're not tweaking courses, though, they're doing whole new ones

Sounds good to me! Nintendo could have quite easily brought out a spin off title instead. I think I will be downloading. I probably wont have played on the game for some time by then so will make me put it back into my wii u

Hopefully the pricing policy for this game will be fair more reasonable than NSMB2 because if they use the same rate of price per level, it will cost north of £50 for 80+ levels which is more than the game itself so the price for this will be shocking for one of two reasons. Reason one being what I just said if the use the same pricing strategy as before and it ends up quite pricy. The other is that if they do discount it to something more palatable, it will make NSMB2 levels seem like a complete rip off.

I played this quite a bit in the last couple of days, hunting down the remaining star coins and secret exits.. and had a blast doing it :hehe:

While I agree that a lot of the criticisms of New Super Mario Bros U are fair, those who dismiss it due to basically being more of the same are missing out on a fantastic game with plenty of fun to be had :smile:

As far as I'm concerned, when New Super Luigi U arrives on eShop in 2013, I'll be ready for it :yay:

"New Super Luigi U"

Worst Nintendo title ever?

I don't know about worst but I think it's lazy and unimaginative, so it's in perfect keeping with NSMB. :heh: