NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The NEW New Super Mario Bros. U Thread

Wishes I could unsee are's post :(

So is the GT video review full of spoilers?

Wishes I could unsee are's post :(

So is the GT video review full of spoilers?

I'd say that's the only thing really.

It depends how much of the game you've seen up until now, they show quite a few levels and bosses etc... but I don't think it's anything really outside of what's been shown in the trailers.

I like GT reviews a lot, but they do tend to show way too much. IGN ones at least hold back

Yeah GT reviews always have spoilers. Pretty much any game that I'm dead cert on buying I'll avoid their review.

Not to keep banging on about this but The GT score seems a lot more realistic based on what was being said about the game than IGN's score. I will say though that GT's score is still a very good score.

I will most certainly be buying this eventually. I've decided I will indeed buy a WiiU next year at some point.

Wonder where 3d mario will go next though :)

This is the game i've been spending all my time on. I wanna finish a first run through before moving on to my next game.

I have to say that this NSMB is tricky. A lot of reviewers stated that it is the hardest in the series, but they said that for every version of the game, so I usually just disregard what they say. When it comes to this one though, they are right on the money.

I messaged @Ike yesterday, as we were both playing it at the same time. He agreed with me when on about the difficulty level.

Some of the nods to SMW are fantastic. I was in Soda Jungle and found myself going around in circles trying to find the right exit to get out of the loop I was in. Memories of Forest of Illusion came flooding back while making my way out of the woods. :D

The Ghost House levels are devilishly tricky as well. I got stuck for ages on the first one I came across. For the life of me I couldn't find the exit! :)

Loving it so far! It's easily the best in the series and this suit just adds to that fact.

7.jpg

My least played Wii U game so far unfortunately, just been preoccupied with everything else. Think I'll have to give it a bit of love this afternoon :love:

How do get the Miiverse in this? Done the first world and didnt get the prompt!

You get to post a message when you finish a task, like say finish a level without getting hit or grab all the star coins in a level. After that you can check on the map to see what you put or what your friends have wrote.

The way the pink baby Yoshis sing along to Acorn Plains music is awesome :) Nintendo magic

I turned the Miiverse features off for the moment in the game. It's great implementation, but I want to finish the game before flooding it with these things

The impossible has happened. The Super Guide appeared. Could have sworn I only died thrice

Story is done. The final level took some doing, but the boss fight was worth the effort.

The music on the credits is fantastic is....

the clapping that the Toads and Luigi do.

Brilliant game! I now have to track the stars and secret exits down...

Ha, turns out Miiverse wasn't working cause I hadn't installed the Mario update by restarting the game, all i've done is montage so far :heh:

Niceness! It doesn't quite deverse the New-moniker just yet, but it's one of the best, if not the best New Mario Bros-game! And one of the moire challenging at that.

Only two minor things I hold against it: the use of identical soundbites from previous game (Can't count how many times I've heard 'Mario Time' over the last few years) and the fact you can't play it with the Gamepad without shutting down it's screen. I find it somewhat annoying with the screen and music playing through the gamepad. Then again, the Wii-remote works just fine, so it's a minor issue.

Story is done. The final level took some doing, but the boss fight was worth the effort.

The music on the credits is fantastic is....

the clapping that the Toads and Luigi do.

Brilliant game! I now have to track the stars and secret exits down...

I haven't found a single secret exit yet, bar the forced one in Soda Jungle. They're very, VERY well hidden

God damn you Zavvi!!! This was dispatched from them on Wednesday... still not here... :(

Tax Refunds are coming next week, so I ordered this one today. Should arrive next week, so I have good time to play it when exams are mostly done in school.

I too have finished the game. Boss was fun. Time to hunt exits and Star coins. Wish they'd indicate secret exits

Finally got all 5 stars on my profile, as seen on my Miiverse messages. :D

One of the levels was a complete nightmare to get all of the coins and make it through in one piece. The level is called Run For It. Enjoy! :)

I think I wore a few mm off my teeth while playing that level as I started getting all tense and grinding away as I was trying to make the accurate jumps needed. I need help.

With this now done I can finally move on to another single player game.

Finally got all 5 stars on my profile, as seen on my Miiverse messages. :D

:laughing: You're a machine!

Jeez, all finished in just a day or two!? This'll probs still be one of my titles if/when I get a Wii U, and I guess depending on the hours it isn't that ridiculous for a mario game but...damn!

Hero of Time is awesome at New Super Mario Bros games. Remember how fast he got 5 stars on the 3DS game too? :laughing:

Jeez, all finished in just a day or two!? This'll probs still be one of my titles if/when I get a Wii U, and I guess depending on the hours it isn't that ridiculous for a mario game but...damn!

I've just my activity log and it took 13 hours to fully finish. That's a very meaty amount of playtime for a single player game. Most of the games these days you're lucky to get 5 hours out of them.

I'm taking it nice and slow, don't see the need to rush through it. Just finished the first level of the desert world. I like how each level has it's own unique name, rather than just 2-2, 5-4 etc. Oh and the world map is a beauty.

I'm taking it nice and slow, don't see the need to rush through it.

I never rushed through it. I just played it constantly. I was up at 6am yesterday and only stopped to play a bit of Black Ops 2, before jumping back on to Mario. It was a nice combo I had going. :D