NEurope
Beast

What Have You Bought This Christmas?

I'm in a Christmassy mood (Gawd knows why!) and it might be too early but hey ho...ho ho. I thought I'd leave this here so people may get bargains or whatever for the Christmas shopping (which I'm 75% through right now).

So what have you guys bought your loved ones or whatever this Christmas?

Having three sisters' birthdays in this month, I've been focusing on those. I only buy stuff for close family (mum, dad, step mum, step dad, sister, sister, sister, sister, sister, brother, brother, brother, nephew, grandma, granddad, granddad). I have some ideas for most of them.

Think about Christmas doesn't start in my family until after my sisters Birthday a week tomorrow because when she was younger she thought we might forget about it. :heh:

I haven't yet thought about buying her a birthday present, or anyone a Christmas present. It can wait until pay day.

Having three sisters' birthdays in this month, I've been focusing on those. I only buy stuff for close family (mum, dad, step mum, step dad, sister, sister, sister, sister, sister, brother, brother, brother, nephew, grandma, granddad, granddad). I have some ideas for most of them.

Are some of those step-siblings? if not - 'phew'.

Are some of those step-siblings? if not - 'phew'.

All but one are half, the rest is a full. It just sounds stupid saying half.

Started thnking about what to get people, already got my parents presents in mind. Just got the worst one to get, which is my sisters one. No idea what to get her at all.

The cards however, are purchased.

Buy things? I will maybe make things if I'm feeling generous.

Actually, I might buy Virtue's Last Reward for myself and then give it to my brother for Christmas. That way it doesn't matter if he doesn't play it. Christmas is saved!

But everyone else is getting homemade junk.

All I've purchased so far is this for my housemate:

productimage-picture-experiment-626-14260_500x500.jpg

And that's only because I happened upon it.

I just bought something very geek and very cheesy for my two best friends, who are also both huge fans of Ace Attorney (we literally introduced each other to the series):

2a_1.JPG

One for each of us. :heh:

Now, after finishing the order I got a wee bit worried; I left the 'state' field blank on the shipping address (since we don't have states in Denmark), and on the order it showed up as "default". Does anyone know if that could screw up the delivery? I ordered from eBay, by the way.

I'm only buying for one person this Christmas and thats my niece. I actually finished it today. I bought a good £75's worth of art stuff for her and a toy chest which was £35ish to put it all in. I've painted her name on it along with flowers and bugs. All I have to do is wait for the matt varnish to arrive to give it a couple of coats.

I cant be arsed putting thought into gifts for people only for them to not really care in the end so I'm not bothering with everyone else and I've told my family in advance to make sure they dont get me anything. I'm pretty sure my mom has bought me a onsie though. lol.

I just bought something very geek and very cheesy for my two best friends, who are also both huge fans of Ace Attorney (we literally introduced each other to the series):

2a_1.JPG

One for each of us. :heh:

Now, after finishing the order I got a wee bit worried; I left the 'state' field blank on the shipping address (since we don't have states in Denmark), and on the order it showed up as "default". Does anyone know if that could screw up the delivery? I ordered from eBay, by the way.

Don't you have any sort of counties or regions?

Don't you have any sort of counties or regions?

We do, but they're not used in addresses. We're simply too small a country for that to make sense. :heh: If it's required I usually just type in the city name again, but in this case it was possible to just leave the field blank, which I did. The address showed up as it should until I'd completed the order, then the blank field showed up as "default" on the receipt. Since it's a seller on eBay and the order will thus be handled manually, I hope and assume it won't be a problem (or that he'll at least contact me if in doubt), but I always get a bit paranoid about such things.

Haven't bought a single thing

It's only November guyyyys lol

Bah leave it until December like the rest of the nutballs do? No thanks, get it done out the way.

We do, but they're not used in addresses. We're simply too small a country for that to make sense. :heh: If it's required I usually just type in the city name again, but in this case it was possible to just leave the field blank, which I did. The address showed up as it should until I'd completed the order, then the blank field showed up as "default" on the receipt. Since it's a seller on eBay and the order will thus be handled manually, I hope and assume it won't be a problem (or that he'll at least contact me if in doubt), but I always get a bit paranoid about such things.

Yeah it should be ok. It's a bit stupid that they say "default" rather than leaving it blank. Hopefully the seller has some common sense, if not then the postman should be able to sort it out.

Is it coming from America?

Yeah it should be ok. It's a bit stupid that they say "default" rather than leaving it blank. Hopefully the seller has some common sense, if not then the postman should be able to sort it out.

Is it coming from America?

Agreed, especially since the "default" only appears on order receipts - you know, those things you get after placing an order. :heh: Anyway, I hope and assume you're right.

It is indeed coming from America.

. All I have to do is wait for the matt varnish to arrive to give it a couple of coats.

The Matt Varnish?! And he's bringing you coats?! Holy crap, dude's a legend.

I've drawn up a budget for the 20 or so people in my family who I buy for, currently running to a balance of about £340. Horrible.

I will get Just Dance 4 for my littlest sister, probably some kind of panda for my 10 month-old niece, the rest of the Game of Thrones series for my dad (he's halfway through the first one after beginning it in July) so that should set him up for the next few years. Not sure about my Wicked Stepmother.

Actually, I'm thinking about buying a truck load of wax on the Internet, some essential oils and making candles for a lot of the ladies. Might save money.

Buying presents will be a late December struggle for me as the Wii U will be removing all of my funds!

@DBD How can you both literally introduce it to each other? Did you both happen to say it to each at the exact same time?

Friend #1 introduced me to it, then I introduced friend #2 to it. It was just easier to say we introduced each other to it.