NEurope
tapedeck

Will you still frequent forums when the Miiverse lands?

I've been thinking about this lately and was wondering what the impact of Miiverse will be on various Nintendo forums.

Of course I will add all of you guys from here but there will be some of you who won't be picking up the WiiU at launch (or beyond). Will this have an impact on forums such as this?

Furthermore, if Ninty gamers are going to be on Miiverse then what will the larger voice be like? When forums and websites are kicking off for Nintendo at the next E3 will there be a lack of comments from gamers. Or, due to the nature of Miiverse being focused on games, and also being controlled and having a minimal delay between posts, perhaps the web will continue to exist as a means for 'instant' freedom of speech and thus little to no impact will occur.

Then there is the web browser functionality of the Gamepad -perhaps web traffic to Nintendo websites will actually increase as more gamers go in search for coverage of their games and individuals to add to their Miiverse.

I really think we're seeing more disruption in the market than many are realising and I will share more thoughts on this in an upcoming article for N-E.

The WiiU will be offering interesting times and opportunities just like all Nintendo consoles do. And, (again) the controller arguably stands at the forefront of it all.

I don't see how Miiverse would be able to replace forums unless I can go there to find pictures of ReZ making funny faces.

it wont replace forums for me at all, and at the very least i will frequent them when not at my wiiu aka at work.

I don't see how Miiverse would be able to replace forums unless I can go there to find pictures of ReZ making funny faces.

Just like with the 3DS letterbox youll be able to share personalised messages and ReZ can continue to draw penises. Then there's the video chat where you can compare the real thing.

Told you it's going to be massive. ;)

Told you it's going to be massive. ;)

You've seen it?

So basically it's going to be the worst subforum on N-E mixed with email? I think I'll pass, penises or no! :p

Going by Letterbox, it's great if you want to draw something or say something impulsive, but when you want to express yourself a bit more you can't beat a keyboard and a good forum. :)

I just hope it makes certain members who get on everyones tits disappear from the forums.

No names mentioned of course...

16-wii-logo.jpg

Oops.

I think Miiverse is likely to be forgotten after a couple of weeks by most people. It certainly won't be replacing message boards

That the key thing, exactly what are its capabilities. The fact it is game specific means it won't replace forums. But it may replace them for some people, depending on why they go on. It will certainly take some of the traffic away, people who only go onforhelp or random opinions and such will be catered for. At least we'll know people will have actually played the games they have such strong opinions of :)

I very excited for miiverse, but very worried what Nintendo will do with it. They regularly fail to reach the potential of their own ideas.

Need to know more but from the speculation Miiverse isn't exactly instantaneous with responses so I won't be abandoning forums any time soon.

For me, possibly. I'm realising that I despite my impulses sometimes, in the long run I much rather not know much about a game before purchase aside from a confirmation of the quality. I did this with Skyward Sword and was much happier with the result.

And frankly, I want to spend less time on here.

I will still use these forums yes.

It's a great source for gaming news for me as I don't go to other game specific websites so I tend to hear of any new announcements here.

Plus it's a great forum. It's just a shame in the last few weeks the Wii / Wii U forum has become a bit trying, and I know why I think that but that's just me. It's clearly giving the wrong impression to some too. :indeed:

I agree that Miiverse may act like the 3DS note thing - and I'm all for drawing penises and sending them to one and all ha. But I think this may go a bit deeper than that did and allow for better communication amongst your friends. Which I'm really looking forward to trying out!

Most of us here I'm sure regular multiple forums, other than this one. Miiverse will be much the same in that respect, in that it'll live alongside messageboards like this one - rather than replace them outright.

Much more importantly, it'll be the first ever mainstream messageboard - one in which every single Wii U owner is automatically a member of.

Grandma or Joe Shmoe would never visit N-Europe, Neogaf, IGN, Gamefaqs etc messageboards, but they will post on Miiverse. It'll be the first time that they'll come into contact with the kind of word of mouth about quality and/or niche titles that pervade the forums that we visit - allowing them to discover games like Ace Attorney or Trauma Center that they would otherwise have never even heard of.

To us, it's just another message board (albeit a really cool one that resides on the console itself that lets us brag about our gameplay accomplishments!), to everyone else - it's their first real messageboard experience.

I'm sure everyone here can agree that's pretty exciting, even if you don't plan on using it much personally! :D

Edited by Dcubed

From what I've seen of Miiverse, I'm not that impressed. Hopefully Nintendo are on to another winner though.

This site has been in my life since the end of the n64-europe.com days... it's not going to go from it any time soon!

This site has been in my life since the end of the n64-europe.com days... it's not going to go from it any time soon!

Ah yes, those were the good old days. Then cube-europe, then revo-europe, then n-europe. Can't remember now exactly all the different incarnations. It's all a haze in my old age.