NEurope
tapedeck

Goldeneye study:

A great watch from this years GDC. (just over an hour)

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016460/Classic-Postmortem-GoldenEye

Covers a LOT on the development processes and what Rare were like at that moment in time. Also goes on to talk about staff/music/oddities/the multiplayer addition and working with Nintendo.

Some dude also asks him near the end what he thought of the Goldeneye remake by Activision. If you were an N64 gamer this is a MUST watch. Enjoy!

Cheers! Been meaning to watch this for a while, but forgot all about it :D

Nice to see his honesty about how he feels about GE Wii and how humble he seems about his own game.

Great watch!

Yeah, it's like they still don't know how incredible it was/is to this day! I love how ambitious he was from the off and most of the elements they were going for actually came off. Also, the way hand slapping was left in was just awesome. I'd totally forgot about that and didn't think it was misplaced at all. Would LOVE if more Rare games (DKC!) we're given this treatment!

I never considered it to be a slap, I more considered it to be a stereotypical karate chop.

Very informative, but I wish that he'd shown some early beta footage and gone more in to detail regarding how the game changed throughout development. I've seen a site where people have extracted a bunch of unused 3D-models from the game. Like the keychain from Living Daylights and a strike helicopter. I'd really love to see how they were supposed to fit in the game.