NEurope
arab_freak

Living alone

Chillies, curries, stir fries are all cheap and easy. Nutritious depends what you put in them I suppose.

One thing that is surprising is how expensive healthy options are. For example: salad.

One thing that is surprising is how expensive healthy options are. For example: salad.

Surprisingly enough salad ingredients are dirt cheap here even without government subsidies. I used to take my grandmother to the farmer's market because they were fresher and cheaper than whatever grocery stores had in stock. I was never a big fan of salad though, so I don't see myself buying vegetables unless it's for preparing a proper dish--something I haven't had the time to learn to do lately.

Other than that, the beans/cheeses/pre-cooked area of my kitchen is thriving. :heh:

Pastas/noodles are quick and easy! Make soup with a blender and freeze it. A good tip is to make a little extra each time, and put it in the fridge or freezer to save you from having to cook everyday/food spoiling. I used to do it with rice, and would always have a few portions in the freezer to microwave for dinner. Good luck and enjoy the independence :) I love living alone so I can't help with your original question :( Find interests you're passionate about to keep yourself occupied with?

I thought reheating rice was a big no no?

Why?

Wrap the rice in clingfilm while it's still warm so it doesn't dry up, let it cool down, freeze. When reheating, unwrap, put it into a bowl with a few drops of water, cover, and heat. It's only dangerous to reheat old rice when it's past two days old, I think! :D