NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert Eleven Season 25: A New Hope

Oh my, didn't realise this was a 13.30 game. Out of interest when starting a league what are the options for game days/times?

It's actually at 12:30; they use European time on the Xpert site so it's always +1 hour.

My apologies to @Lucas3693 for being so crap at challenging. I was without my laptop for a few days, and the mobile Xperteleven site is so crap it's almost unusable (icouldn't work out how to challenge you). Then i got my password wrong and got locked out.

Anyways, if you feel you were disadvantaged because of my tardiness, i will concede defeat and you can go through to the next round.

N-Euro Championship Cup

Hadens Rangers 2-1 Andys All Stars

Since the season ended, these two teams have played 2 friendlies against each other meaning they should both have a decent idea of what to expect from each other in today’s game. It seems that was true as this game had a closer scoreline than their previous games. The first half offered only one chance for each team but Andys All Stars made the most of it with Juliano Arteta scoring the first goal of the game in the 40th minute. All Stars have never beaten Rangers so this was a promising start.

In the second half, Hadens Rangers were doing all they could to come back from All Stars one goal lead, creating four chances and shutting All Stars out completely. In the 52nd minute, Ron Cahill levelled the score but All Stars just need to match chances and they’ll still win. Rangers’ defence kept out any potential chances from All Stars but their fans weren’t satisfied until the 87th minute when Lucas Astle scored the second goal for Hadens Rangers to make them the indisputable victors.

Bob 3-2 Leeds M.O.T

Finishing fourth in their second season, Bob has only faced Leeds twice and both times they were high scoring games. Leeds M.O.T have a long history in the league having made it to the Elite league a few times only to fall from grace in recent seasons to end up in the lower league for the first time in 8 seasons. Both teams won their home games in the league so the odds are on Bob to win this one.

In the very first minute Bob take the lead with a goal from Mathurin Onfiang but Leeds level the scores shortly afterwards when Marvin Townshend gets a goal in the 21st minute. This was hardly a setback for Bob though as they were creating chance after chance and in the 28th minute they went back into the lead with a goal from Bob The Cameroonian. The first half was drawing to a close but not before Mohamadou Kaham managed another goal for Bob in the 43rd minute. Leeds M.O.T tried their best for a comeback in the second half even matching Bob for chances, finally getting a goal in the 84th minute thanks to a breakaway attack from Jonny Howson. With such little time left, Leeds could not manage to equalise and Bob go through to the next round!*

*if there is no contest from Leeds over the late challenge

----

Teams through to the next round (for @Jimbob):

1. DuDs Baggies
  2. Bob (unless Leeds contest the late challenge)
  3. Intergalactico Stars
  4. Hadens Rangers
  5. Real Peeps
  6. Coloccini FC
  7. Silverdale Hotpot
  8. AC Twozzinio
  9. Recall United
  10. Winston Gardens FC
  11. The Comerade Co-op
  12. Fedex United
  13. Eights United
  14. The Roger Federer Crew
  15. Dragooooo
  16. Atlético Aqui1a

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Sweet, i'll sort it out once i get home.

Reminder, the next round draw is 9pm tonight

This is actually my second season, I finished 6th in my first. :(

N-Euro Championship Cup Round Two

Home VS Away:

1. Coloccini FC vs Aqui1a All Stars
  2. Bob vs DuDs Baggies
  3. Eights United vs Intergalactico Stars
  4. The Roger Federer Crew vs Winston Gardens FC
  5. Hadens Rangers vs AC Twozzinio
  6. Recall United vs Dragooooo
  7. Silverdale Hotpot vs The Comerade Co-op
  8. Fedex United vs Real Peeps

All matches to be played on Friday 25th, please try to challenge by Thursday to give both teams a chance to prepare

Next draw will be on Saturday 26th at 8pm

That feel when you bid on a player and the clock in ticking down...you keep waiting for somebody to outbid you.

Squeaky bum time.

I've spent so much money evaluating players and they all have poor bloody compatibility. Such a waste :|

I've spent so much money evaluating players and they all have poor bloody compatibility. Such a waste :|

You can work on that, though? It's not a total loss. I've bought poor compatibility players before and although it took some time, they did great in the end. Pretty sure Ernesto was poor when he came but he's a 25 10 now and has excellent compatibility.

My apologies to @Lucas3693 for being so crap at challenging. I was without my laptop for a few days, and the mobile Xperteleven site is so crap it's almost unusable (icouldn't work out how to challenge you). Then i got my password wrong and got locked out.

Anyways, if you feel you were disadvantaged because of my tardiness, i will concede defeat and you can go through to the next round.

Dont worry about it. Even if i had time to set my tactics properly, i doubt id have won anyway. Well played by the way.

Unless your buying someone key to your teams immediate performance like a star midfielder, compatability really doesn't matter that much.

Here's an explaination of it. It's written before the system was tweaked and the players converges quicker now. http://xestats.com/docs/teamwork.html

Since I accidently bought a youth with poor compability I read upon it on the forums, and it seems the general rule is that for youths it doesn't matter, they are a ballast anyway and will stay with the team for a long time. Strong key players you need to right away should be good compability or better.

My instant reaction was to sell the youth at the first possible chance, but I think I'll just stick with him anyway and avoid gambling with money I don't have.

Allegedly, only a certain percentage has good or perfect compability. Most will have poor, some fair, less with good and even less with perfect. The same player can be perfect for some teams, but show poor compability for others.

Next match should be interesting. Also good oppurtinity to improve the h2h.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Unless your buying someone key to your teams immediate performance like a star midfielder, compatability really doesn't matter that much.

;)

Maybe not a star midfielder but I need someone at least 8-skilled, preferably 9 skilled. I would very much prefer someone with at least good compatibility. I know it doesn't matter all that much but it can affect how good of a playmaker or leader they'll be for example.

Cup Reports Round 1:

DuDs Baggies 2-1 Madpool

Both teams started with a 3-5-2 formation and the pundits were betting that it would be a thrilling first round tie. Madpool began the game with most of the possession and were looking to stamp their authority on the tie early. It was Baggies who sent the home crowd into ecstasy early as the captain Backroos powered down the exposed Madpool wing and crossed it in to the box, Shearer was there with a bullet of a header that was going nowhere except in the back of the net. Madpool were wasteful in their chances and it was clear both Monk and Gay were not having a good start to the game. The first half closed with the tie still in the balance, the Baggies manager substituted both his forwards in the 2nd half making sure to rotate his large forward line in this tie. Any worries that this would affect their attacking potency was soon squashed when when Paine headed in a looping cross as Madpool's flanks were exposed again. Madpool were still holding the majority of possession but were failing to create clear cut chances. Right at the death Gay chested down a corner for Monk to toe poke home but it was to late for Madpool. It was a superb performance by Baggies who advance to the next round, Madpool fans were left disappointed at such an early exit.

Intergalactigo Stars 1-1 Rising Phoenix

Two old rivals battled in the first round of the cup, both teams lined up with a 4-4-2 formation. Inter set out looking to boss proceedings but possession was quite even at the start of the game and to the shock of home fans,Kingston latched on to a Crossley pass and slotted it past the Inter goalie. Inter came out in the 2nd half looking to break down a resilient Rising Phoenix who had shut up shop and created no further chances. It looked like there was going to be a shock away victory but right in the last minute Meridus slotted in a beautiful through ball that found Ramos just on side, the defender held the ball up and blasted it past the goalie. Inter fans went wild, having created more chances went through to the next round. Rising Phoenix played quite negative tactics and nearly made it through and will be pleased to have drawn with former champions Inter.

Real Peeps 2-0 Yellow Submarine

This tie was always going to be a tactical battle and both teams lined up with irregular formations, Peeps went out with a 5-4-1 formation, Yellow Submarine went out with a 4-5-1 formation. Yellow Submarine looked the more confident in midfield in possession but Peeps looked by far the more dangerous making 4 chances to 1, however both teams lone strikers failed to make an impact. After the restart Yellow Submarine used all 3 substitutions and were by far the more creative team, however Peeps took the game by the scruff of the neck when Heinzmann crossed in a ball for Phelan to head in off the post. Yellow Submarine kept coming at Peeps but the game was finished when youth star Brammer ghosted his way past two Submarine payers and threaded in a ball that McAuley just had to tap in. Peeps win a tricky home game and will be glad to have made it to the last 16, Yellow Submarine will be disappointed but now have time to get ready for next season.

Peeps I can report on even numbers if you want odd numbers?

Twozzock I have sent the invite for our game.

Haden, did you get him? I swear I accepted your bid, but my economics indicate it went to someone else. I accepted your bid and got a pop up wanting me to accept the transfer then being told to wait for admin's approval. I figured that was it on my end.

Haden, did you get him? I swear I accepted your bid, but my economics indicate it went to someone else. I accepted your bid and got a pop up wanting me to accept the transfer then being told to wait for admin's approval. I figured that was it on my end.

Yeh I got bid accepted and that the admin had to approve but what I think happened is once the deadline had gone Yusri went to the highest bidder on the market.

I am never gonna get my midfielder! :sad: