NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert Eleven Season 25: A New Hope

Yeh that is exactly what I think would make it good. Xpert is one of those easy to pickup (well easyish) hard to master type of games but I sometimes wish it had a bit more depth.

I do feel you have a tactical battle with your opponent but would like one or two more things to make it even better. Like if you did wing plays you could assign players you would like to try and cross the ball in the same way you do a playmaker and intellegence, stamina and speed would be good qualities for this person.

Still things are changing all the time so who knows what is round the corner!

Wing plays would be even better if you had the player's roles more defined, like we said. So, left wing, right wing, left back, etc. That way, if you selected wing plays and had 2 wingers who were fast, then you should create a lot of chances.

Also, wing plays would mean that the left and right backs would push up too, meaning you could also be exposed on the wings. There's a lot of scope there.

Also also, I'd add another option: Counter-attacking. So, you would have Varied, long-range shots, Wing-plays, Through Plays, Counter Attacking. So, if you played Defensive and counter-attacking, it would be different to say playing Defensive and long-range shots. If you had pacey players in your team, they would gain an advantage when playing counter-attacking.

Maybe for defending options you could select something to counter that, too. To balance it out.

Same! It would make the transfer market even more exciting, knowing you needed a left back rather than a centre-back.

It would make the all-rounder special quality more important, though. Knowing you had a player that could play at left or centre-back would be excellent. Or striker and left wing, for example.

It is exciting seeing the game and interface change. It's changed a fair bit since I joined, which is the only way to improve it. I'd also like to see maybe a few more ways to earn money. Not really interested in the pools. Maybe a bonus if you manage to get a defender to score or every-time you get a clean sheet, for example.

I'd kind of like it if, in series's with multiple leagues like NE, there was a financial incentive to be in the upper league. For newly promoted teams there isn't really incentive aside from the glory, plus DVs suffer loads. If you got like 3m every season for being promoted / staying up it might make it a little more worthwhile.

I've spent some money to bring in some younger players for development. Bought a new defender, midfielder and striker to replace 2 retirees and a unskilled striker.

I'd kind of like it if, in series's with multiple leagues like NE, there was a financial incentive to be in the upper league. For newly promoted teams there isn't really incentive aside from the glory, plus DVs suffer loads. If you got like 3m every season for being promoted / staying up it might make it a little more worthwhile.

Yeah, totally agree with that. I was gutted when I found out you don't get money for being promoted!

I think promotion should be a million. Maybe 500,000econ for staying up and 725,000 extra for finishing first. If you got a looot of money just for staying up, like 3million, it would make the gap even bigger between certain leagues. We could almost do with another league between Elite and Middle.

Yeah, totally agree with that. I was gutted when I found out you don't get money for being promoted!

I think promotion should be a million. Maybe 500,000econ for staying up and 725,000 extra for finishing first. If you got a looot of money just for staying up, like 3million, it would make the gap even bigger between certain leagues. We could almost do with another league between Elite and Middle.

Yeah that's true I guess.

TBF if you finish first in a league its a million econ winnings, and second you get some cash too (can't remember how much, maybe 250,000) I think. Be nice to get money for staying up though.

Speaking of being top of the league, in two minds as to going all out on the youth and brining in some 17 year old or spending big on a couple of 24-9s or something to challenge for middle league title. Dilema.

Yeah that's true I guess.

TBF if you finish first in a league its a million econ winnings, and second you get some cash too (can't remember how much, maybe 250,000) I think. Be nice to get money for staying up though.

Speaking of being top of the league, in two minds as to going all out on the youth and brining in some 17 year old or spending big on a couple of 24-9s or something to challenge for middle league title. Dilema.

Do you? I can't remember, although you're probably right. I like how you get money for finishing highest scorer, highest assister. That's a good way to get money.

I'm not going anywhere near the title next season. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I get relegated. If we go up, we'll get absolutely gangbanged in the Elite League, with this current squad. I need a few years of stability to breed these players, and then we'll hope to get into the Elite League and stay there.

Do you? I can't remember, although you're probably right. I like how you get money for finishing highest scorer, highest assister. That's a good way to get money.

I'm not going anywhere near the title next season. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I get relegated. If we go up, we'll get absolutely gangbanged in the Elite League, with this current squad. I need a few years of stability to breed these players, and then we'll hope to get into the Elite League and stay there.

It scares me how you keep going on about how bad your team is, I give it a check now and then and every time my only thought is

Its Rangers taking out all the lower league teams! They are are putting pressure on they are gaining the upper hand! The lower league teams are being decimated!

Wait there is the middle league teams! It looks like the old 10 skill players! They are beating the hell out of any Haden Rangers players that move!

In other words I am the real relegation candidate stay off my lawn :p

Fedex United hasn't sent me an invite me yet. If he doesn't do it by the end of the day I will invite him or someone else. It just a friendly and I don't want to miss my second match.

Ha, my team is worth 99 983 833. So close :p If I buy a youth before selling Yusri I can finally reach this little milestone of mine.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Fedex United hasn't sent me an invite me yet. If he doesn't do it by the end of the day I will invite him or someone else. It just a friendly and I don't want to miss my second match.

Ha, my team is worth 99 983 833. So close :p If I buy a youth before selling Yusri I can finally reach this little milestone of mine.

If it doesn't happen, I'll play ya! That way I can get an idea of how well next season will go for me. ;)

Fedex United hasn't sent me an invite me yet.

I've just informed Fedex so hopefully you'll get the invite at some point today! He didn't know as he's not on this forum.

How is Yusri bidding going btw?

First bid came just now, my minimum price of 1 million. If it doesn't get higher than 1.3 I'll accept your bid Haden.

cup words

Cheers m'dears. This might be a silly question, but what are match days in this league?

Also, can DV go down? Say at the start of a season I bring one player up, if I bench him for the rest of the season will his DV go down or stay where it's at for the CR?

Last time I played this game I swear DV was this mystical hidden attribute.

Tuesdays and Fridays.

DVs are also depedent on average form. Not using a player for a while may reduce current form which effects average form. So DVs may rise or reduce even when the player don't play a match, although I think it is less likely and doesn't give as large effect as actually playing a match(or not).

Last time you played it was probably the system with match experience and average form.

Your DV will go down if you can't keep average form up and it's difficult to keep it high unless you play them at least every now and then. I've had players rise and fall even when they've not played a match.

Last check, @Twozzok hasn't sent an invite over. Just a quick reminder, want to give the new players a run.

I think I have now sent it, unless I misclicked and have done something else.

I think I have now sent it, unless I misclicked and have done something else.

Indeed, have accepted. Time to give the new players a run and see what they can do.

Bid on a player I thought had great compability. I read the part where it says he has poor compability, but the graph said it was great so I trusted it without questioning it further, but appearently the graph only lagged...Hopefully someone will overbid me, because otherwise I will have a project I don't want to test.

Atlético Aqui1a, please accept my apologies for being a dick and only just accepting your friendly request hours before the game! Had no idea it was going to be today!

Oh my, didn't realise this was a 13.30 game. Out of interest when starting a league what are the options for game days/times?