NEurope
The Peeps

Xpert Eleven Season 25: A New Hope

Spotlight Week Four

Congratulations to Madpool who correctly guessed a 3-1 victory to Eights United over Intergalactico Stars.

Spotlight Winners:

Week 1 - Lucas/Leeds M.O.T

Week 2 - Lucas/Leeds M.O.T

Week 3 - Nikos/Intergalactico Stars

Week 4 - MadDog/Madpool

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 24

The Shield: Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 22

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 21

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 20

Awesome season so far. Ending the first half on the top, best goal difference, second top scorer and least goals recieved of all.

I love the mutual destruction between Madpool and Inter :p Encore encore encore :yay:

If it's of any interest, these are the graphs for the top and bottom half respectively.

x111-2.png

x112-4.png

Edited by Tales

A deserved win for Silverdale today. We just couldn't keep up with them!

Spotlight Week Five

This week the spotlight is on Recall United vs Aqui1a All Stars in the middle league. Please predict the outcome and how many injuries (e.g. 2 slight 1 heavy total)

Spotlight Winners:

Week 4 - MadDog/Madpool

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 24

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 23

The Shield: Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 22

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 18

Co-op outfoxed me in every way today and now has huge momentum for the title.

I am going to do a Mancini and say he is odds on to win hoping somehow that will mean he will go to pieces like Man U did last season!

Co-op outfoxed me in every way today and now has huge momentum for the title.

I am going to do a Mancini and say he is odds on to win hoping somehow that will mean he will go to pieces like Man U did last season!

Although you saying it on here is a bit like Mancini saying it on an obscure Nintendo forum that Sir Alex doesn't read....

Although you saying it on here is a bit like Mancini saying it on an obscure Nintendo forum that Sir Alex doesn't read....

I doubt Alex listens to much of Mancinis nonsense either ;)

This Friday is a huge day for the Shield.

Madpool is away to Inter from the NWO.

RP is at home to high flying DuD.

Rangers are away to Co-op from the NWO.

We right what is wrong.

The Sea of change is coming.

Soon no-one will be able to stop the Shield.

No idea how i didn't win, outplayed Inter in all areas of the pitch at home and i still can't win.

Halfway through the season and it's almost a must win my next game.

I played shit tactics today and didn't really put up much of a fight. I had a feeling that if I did, they would have destroyed me.

Next few games are going to be hard. It will take a minor miracle for me to stay up. May as well just go for broke now and try to get the DVs as high as possible.

Man I wish you could persuade players to postpone or at least reconsider retirements.

Man I wish you could persuade players to postpone or at least reconsider retirements.

Yeh there could be an econ incentive option that would be quite interesting.

Thought I had the game won today, glad to keep my unbeaten record alive but still I am going to have to rely on a Co-op slip up or for my strikers to start to open up a can of whoop ass to catch his GD!

Bested again by Silverdale, I suppose it's revenge for last season :p

Spotlight Week Five

Predicting a 0-2 win with 1 injury, Haden wins the spotlight this week (actual result 0-1 no injuries).

Spotlight Winners:

Week 4 - MadDog/Madpool

Week 5 - Haden/Hadens Rangers

Alliances

nWo: Intergalactico Stars, Yellow Submarine, The Comerade Co-op: 25

Silverdale Hotpot, Cubic County, DuDs Baggies: 23

The Shield: Hadens Rangers, Rising Phoenix, Madpool: 20

The Midnight Riders: Real Peeps, Aqui1a All Stars, Coloccini FC: 18

I give up, half way into the season and i got no friggin wins. This season is a write-off, end of. Development is the aim for the rest of the season.

Development is the aim of every season for me =\ I don't know why people would sacrifice development for results. It would just mean having a poor team next season :indeed:

I aim to develop and get results, so it's more like a 80-20 on result to development against strong teams and maybe 50-50 on weaker sides where i know a result is a near-cert. Past few games i chose for 100% result as i really would like to see a win on the board for Recall.

Plus i'm saving funds for next season, got my best defender retiring.

Development is the aim of every season for me =\ I don't know why people would sacrifice development for results. It would just mean having a poor team next season :indeed:

It's perfectly possible to do both.

Well yeah I aim for both but more often then not I see people saying 'right screw results, it's all development from here' as if it's one or the other. I tend to lean more towards development now myself.

Well yeah I aim for both but more often then not I see people saying 'right screw results, it's all development from here' as if it's one or the other. I tend to lean more towards development now myself.

My understanding of that would be that when people talk about development, they are talking about the younger members of their squad. What I tend to do is try to rotate the team, because if you do play all of your youngsters at once, you will lose out in certain areas. For example, the average age of your squad goes down (below 25, which I think does have an impact on how you perform), also you will most probably be including youngsters who have a lower skill level than your more experienced players, so you'll have a lesser chance of winning the match. (I know there's more to it than simply choosing your higher skilled players, but it will have an impact no doubt.)

So, my understanding is that they literally mean that they'll be playing their entire lot of youngsters. Rather than playing a mixture of higher skilled, more experienced players and a few youngsters, which is more balanced for competing in matches.

Also, had a good game against Tales. Was winning up until the 72nd minute, then lost it in the 92nd. Gutted, as I needed the point/s, but he outplayed me in every area, so you could say he deserved it. Still, glad we put up a fight. If we go down, which we probably will, at least it will be with us giving everything we have.

My understanding of that would be that when people talk about development, they are talking about the younger members of their squad. What I tend to do is try to rotate the team, because if you do play all of your youngsters at once, you will lose out in certain areas. For example, the average age of your squad goes down (below 25, which I think does have an impact on how you perform), also you will most probably be including youngsters who have a lower skill level than your more experienced players, so you'll have a lesser chance of winning the match. (I know there's more to it than simply choosing your higher skilled players, but it will have an impact no doubt.)

So, my understanding is that they literally mean that they'll be playing their entire lot of youngsters. Rather than playing a mixture of higher skilled, more experienced players and a few youngsters, which is more balanced for competing in matches.

Also, had a good game against Tales. Was winning up until the 72nd minute, then lost it in the 92nd. Gutted, as I needed the point/s, but he outplayed me in every area, so you could say he deserved it. Still, glad we put up a fight. If we go down, which we probably will, at least it will be with us giving everything we have.

I'm defo one of the 'theys' being discussed, and yeah I think you've pretty much described it right. Like, I've got a bunch of 30-9s but that would get okay results if i played just them every game, but it would be useless in a couple of seasons when they start to retire, so more or less every game I'm playing two 20-6s up front, and then four more youths across the team. Losing doesn't seem to impact dvs too much if it's against a good team, particularly if it's kept down to like 1 - 0 or something.

It's very much the Paul Lambert style long game. Gonna pay off in the long run. Worth having a Bentke-esque superstar to net some goals though....

Still wanting relegation though. You better overtake me in the table again Flink!

A nice double over Bubbles this week. My season is going better than expected.

Forgot to set the tactics for the home game against DanlikesX11 and got a draw!

Even though I'm losing I'm still enjoying the game. Too many times people start losing a few games and get disinterested. Wouldn't surprise me if I go whole season without a win!

I think we need to relegate Inter to cannon fodder.

7 of 11 players in the X11 isn't bad at all :p

Got a tough away match against Madpool next, am likely to lose the nr. 1 spot until I meet Silverdale at home, when I should regain it.

I like how Peeps decided to join the rest of the lower teams with negative goal difference. Now there is order again.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

BOOOOM! Ended Comerades unbeaten run and now im gonna end yours Haden.5 star manager rating as well makes up for my best defender being injured. MOT!!!

Forgot to set the tactics for the home game against DanlikesX11 and got a draw!

Even though I'm losing I'm still enjoying the game. Too many times people start losing a few games and get disinterested. Wouldn't surprise me if I go whole season without a win!

The fans are saying your team did better without your influence! With no orders the team correctly prepared for my 442 and got the draw for your 2nd point this season - I saw a few 'ELL OUT' banners from the home support.

Good game against Peepers today. At this rate I might just have to accept that upper league is where I belong, picking up too many points.