NEurope
jayseven

Breakfast.

I know I'm getting slack in life when I'm skipping breakfast. People say it's the most important meal of the day - personally I believe it's not due to the energy it gives or the standardising of digestive systems it promises, instead I think it's the first proper test to a person's ability to maintain a daily routine.

As soon as my routine's out of whack I'm skipping breakfast and snacking through the afternoon.

But recently due to an overflow of eggs I've turned back to brekkie, with a cheeky bacon and egg sandwich (with spinach, chives and sweet grape tomatoes, and a dab of grated cheddar of course!).

A german guy's a family friend, and he is a painter by trade. He's been round a few times the last few months, and what's great is he brings a massive ice box full of bread, cheese, cold meats, mustards and jams, and he treats breakfast like a Hobbit by having several small meals in teh morning. Great fun and a very sociable thing to do.

One thing that is missing in Australia is SHREDDIES. I could eat that forever.

(it's 8am here)

That's very nice and all but you had to ruin it at the end there. Shreddies are dull, man :heh:

I start my day with black coffee, a can of irn bru and two regal king size. Breakfast Of Champions.

When on my own I rarely eat breakfast simply because my daily schedule is so loose that I normally just eat when I'm hungry, which is usually about noon and evening. I love breakfast as a concept, though, and I always look forward to it when with other people, whether it's friends or simply when I'm home with the parents.

I Miss Frosted SHreddies...and Ricicles..I could kill for a box of those..and not paying 20$ for a box.

Although we do have some nice cereals over here, but it gets so boring after a while, just cereal everyday for me, quite boring, but it fills me up until lunch when i'm at work.

I think breakfast being the most important meal is a myth. If you're hungry, eat, if you're not, don't. There are so many different factors. When did you last eat?

I tend to have dinner around 9pm and then skip breakfast and have a decent lunch at 1pm.

I've a very much a routine kind of person. When I get up, I have breakfast - usually cereal but whatever I can find/ be bothered to make. If I don't I certain feel the effects of not having eaten anything. I also have a coffee on weekdays to wake myself up for work :p

@ipaul, is that your breakfast everyday?!

I've found that if I have a cup of tea for breakfast I'm normally set til lunch. Yet if I have some Coco Pops as well I find myself yawning/feeling hungry a few hours later.

It is the most important meal of the day.

How some people get up at 7 in the morning and not eat anything until like 11 or even until lunch is beyond me.

Need to fuel your body and it's a good idea to kick start it right away.

I have always always always had breakfast and never miss it.

I thought there was some sort of clinical study that proved that eating breakfast was of a benefit to people rather than skipping it?

Anyway, my cereal cupboard is full of all sorts. I go through phases. Crunch Nut cornflakes, Cinnamon Grahams, Golden Grahams, Muesli, normal cornflakes, Cheerios, Ricicles...

At the moment these bad boys are the choice:

Kelloggs_Frosted_Wheats_500g.jpg

Nom nom.

I then have 2 pieces (not 'rounds' - why do people say that?) of toast when I get to work and a cup of tea.

Then usually a little snack after that, be it apple, nar-na etc.

Breakfast rules. Favourite time of day for me.

The reason for eating breakfast is the starting of your metabolism. Obviously how effective it is varies on what you're eating but the idea is that a decent breakfast stops you reaching for the bad stuff later on in the day.

I always start my day with a bowl of Shreddies and a New York Co Bagel. Always.

The reason for eating breakfast is the starting of your metabolism. Obviously how effective it is varies on what you're eating but the idea is that a decent breakfast stops you reaching for the bad stuff later on in the day.

I always start my day with a bowl of Shreddies and a New York Co Bagel. Always.

I always find that if I have breakfast before work at 7 I'll be hungry again by 11. If I don't have breakfast I can easily hold out until lunch time without needing a snack.

I always find that if I have breakfast before work at 7 I'll be hungry again by 11. If I don't have breakfast I can easily hold out until lunch time without needing a snack.

I'm kinda the other way around. If i'm working stupidly early, like 5 am. I'll have a snack around 4.20 and then have Breakfast around 8am.

@ipaul, is that your breakfast everyday?!

Well I was joking but I do have coffee and a cigarette every morning. I would class the bowl of Alpen I nearly always have as breakfast though :heh:

Shreddies are grim. It's mushed up cardboard. :p

I have a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea every morning.

I thought there was some sort of clinical study that proved that eating breakfast was of a benefit to people rather than skipping it?

Here's one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19962588

Trial concludes that: people who skip breakfast, find food appealing later on.

Science!

I just got back into eating Golden Grahams, remember those beauties. Not them naff cinnamon ones, the proper original ones. Other than that, if not the cereal than it's gotta be a bacon roll.

@ipaul that's been the reaction most people have, but out of the 'boring' cereals (corn flakes, weetabix, rice krispies, shredded wheat) I do think shreddies is the tastiest (sans fruit/sugar).

however; jordan's country crisp... man one expensive box of that can last me a day. Goddamn I'm gonna go buy a box of it.

I did omit the fact that I have a crushing Pepsi Max habit at the moment, drinking a 1.25 litre bottle a day (!!). Hot damn.

I only have 4 breakfasts in a normal week, on the two weekdays that I eat I low carb, usually some eggs or some full fat natural yoghurt and nuts. I have a fry up most saturdays, and a big ass bowl of bran flakes with drizzle of golden syrup on Sunday :3

I'm an elevenses breakfaster, normally I can't even stomach the thought of food at 7am!

Today I'm fasting so breakfast is likely to be a glass of water or a cup of tea.

One thing that is missing in Australia is SHREDDIES. I could eat that forever.

Yes! Shreddies all the way! I love warming them up and then sprinkling some sugar sometimes. Either way' date=' Shreddies are boss! :D

That's very nice and all but you had to ruin it at the end there. Shreddies are dull, man :heh:

Shreddies are grim. It's mushed up cardboard. :p

this_is_where_you_get_the_fuck_out_Robert_Pattinson_Dressup-s557x313-302511-580.jpg

I've not had a routine breakfast since I was at school.

Sure on a friday at work there is the bacon sandwich run, and I do get involved, but never really have time for breakfast at home. If I want breakfast I need to be up earlier, and getting up at 6:10am is early enough, I choose the extra time to sleep over breakfast.

Here's one!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19962588

Trial concludes that: people who skip breakfast, find food appealing later on.

Science!

OK fair enough but...

On one day they were given no breakfast before the scans and on a different day they were fed a large, 730 calorie, breakfast an hour and a half before.

Who has 730 calories for their breakfast an hour and a half before lunch?

These studies are all well and true but at the end of the day it comes down to the individual. If you have the willpower not to have fatty foods then its fine to skip breakfast.

I may have posted that study, but only because i find it a complete waste of funding.

I actually don't eat breakfast most of the time, as I generally don't feel hungry at all. I agree with Charlie that it is a myth that you HAVE to eat breakfast. I suspect it was a myth spread by a Mr Kelloggs at some point to sell cereal.

If i do eat early in the morning (e.g. when i'm at the airport or something) all it does is 'wake' up my stomach so that i feel the need to eat lunch earlier than i would normally. If i don't eat breakfast, i don't normally feel the urge to eat lunch until 1-ish...

I can't not have breakfast. On a weekday I'll have some sort of cereal and a cup of tea. Maybe some toast.

On a weekend, I'll pig out with a full fry up....damn now I'm hungry....might have a fry for lunch today

My breakfast this morning.

photo_zpsbe396951.jpg?t=1352460046

Health. Fuck Yeah!

Urgh! Tropical Fruit?!

The original is much better.

The Apple and Kiwi one is even betterer.