NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Going to take my son and nephew to see this on Sunday, can someone who has seen it give me the skinny on bonus scenes without spoilering it :wink:

How many? 1? 2? Mid credits? End Credits?

No extra scenes, leave when the credits roll or you will be subjected to a sour taste in the mouth. Read above for more details, but there are NO credits scenes.

I just got back from it. There was a mid credits scene which has been quite widely reported...

It's a short clip from X-Men Days of Future Past, not linked to Spider-Man at all, just a promo for the upcoming film. Pretty cool, I'm excited for the film so I was happy to sit and wait for it

But I didn't stay until the end. I've just read a few things from about a month ago online suggesting there was one but I was with the lady and she didn't want to stick around.

So yeah, not sure about the end of the credits but I definitely had one mid-credits. I saw it in an Odeon, don't know if that makes any difference.

As for the film, really enjoyed it! Loved the action, it was funny, and while it was long, it didn't really feel it.

(You guys always are the best people to go to after watching comic book movies :))

*Returns to long-term forum absence*

Wahay, good to see you back Dohnut. Incidentally, you should play mafia again. We're in a lull.

BAM

Here's my video review.

It was fucking astonishing. After Cap 2 and Disney's antiseptic approach to Marvel films, this was such a breath of fresh air. Honestly, can't believe how good it was. Joins The Dark Knight as one of my favourite superhero films. I hope it stands up to repeat viewings, I don't see how it won't at the moment.

Astonishing. Amazing. Spectacular. Superior.

Just got back from seeing it with my nephews. I thought it was alright, nothing special. Much preferred the first one.

It was fucking astonishing. After Cap 2 and Disney's antiseptic approach to Marvel films, this was such a breath of fresh air. Honestly, can't believe how good it was. Joins The Dark Knight as one of my favourite superhero films. I hope it stands up to repeat viewings, I don't see how it won't at the moment.

Astonishing. Amazing. Spectacular. Superior.

You're silly these days. x

You're silly these days. x

More like daft, AMIRITE?! :cool:

Wahay, good to see you back Dohnut. Incidentally, you should play mafia again. We're in a lull.

BAM

Here's my video review.

Aww thanks dude :) Been SO busy that I just haven't had time to check in here. It's been strange after literally years of checking N-E every day, but if I get a chance I'll start posting again as much as I can. Maybe I'll get involved a mafia again, too!

(welcome back Nintendohnut!)

I watched this tonight and fucking loved it. Spider-man is seriously my favourite superhero and I feel like this film (and the first) gets the character down so well. Spidey's dialogue is great, very funny. The film itself was fantastic. I thought the first film was great but this was a whole new level. Just brilliant to watch, dunno what else to say :p

(edit after watching @ReZourceman's review) - spot on dude, great review! Agreed on pretty much every point.

Edited by The Peeps

Saw this impromptu on Thursday because I didn't want to be missing out - thought it was brilliant. I'm a lifelong Spiderfan(sitting here in my spidey onesie no less!) and as a kid it defined me before videogames did. I liked the first one but thought this was even better - as Peeps said it feels like they've really managed to nail that spiderman character. Garfield and Stone's portrayal of their relationship is tip top too. Really enjoyed Foxx's Electro, felt that whilst they placed Rhino and Goblin it wasn't too overcrowded and busy(though I did think the end was a bit shoe'd in but it makes sense nonetheless).

I had a question though - I'm sure I'd seen two bits in ads/trailers that didn't make it to the final film. I did run out for a wee but just to check with anyone;

There's a bit where Harry's sitting down with Pete and tells him that Oscorp were watching him and they wonder why together?

There's a bit where May says to Peter about secrets always having a cost or something like that

Despite my love for both this and the first film; there are weak points in both. Unneccessary peril at times(the plans, lolwut) - usually around that final bit of action etc. However I feel the good bits are so good that I'll take the bad! My only other slight issue was with the music - felt a bit more Superman-y than Spiderman to me.

Ending is delightful though - like that it's essentially a time saver setting right up into the next movie(with a minor recapping, of course). Also liked the placement of Harry's assistant.

I don't get the love. It had good action in it... everything else was utter tripe. An awful mish-mash of things which felt both rushed and poorly constructed... possibly as bad as Spider-Man 3.

Hated it.

I don't get the love. It had good action in it... everything else was utter tripe. An awful mish-mash of things which felt both rushed and poorly constructed... possibly as bad as Spider-Man 3.

Hated it.

I enjoyed my ice blast though. It were reyt nice.

Hated it.

I can appreciate what you're saying, as a film it's nothing ground breaking. But I think it's so spot on to Spider-man that a lot of fans really enjoy it.

However comparing Garfield's Spidey to that emo shit is well wide of the mark.

Best Spidey to date. They nailed the Spider-man character in this, after suffering the complete miscast that was Toby Maguire its nice to have Garfield own the role.

Amazing action as well. One of the best Superhero films in some time.

I really loved this film! I enjoyed the first one but there was just so much going on in this.

I don't often enjoy superhero movies that much because I never really feel for the characters and the story-lines are just too absurd for me but I absolutely love this, especially in comparison to the 2000's Spider-man films :p

The multiple villains also made it such a good watch, it was refreshing to see so much happening and not just your usual rivalry unfolding over the duration of the entire film.

That thing after the credits though, what the hell? I looked to my friend and asked what the hell was going on, she then told me it was a random X-men trailer. Lol ok, a bit misleading to people that don't particularly follow all of the marvel series though.

Saw it with Rummy - didn't watch the first one - really enjoyed smart-mouthed Spidey but couldn't get past the tonal whiplash between Peters various woes throughout the film and putting his mask on to go out and crack wise again.

Also - Jamie Foxx's pre transformation Electro - kinda reminiscent of Jim Carreys Ridder but once with his powers he seems to gain a completely different personality.

I just couldn't get passed the fact that how much Garfield looks like Andy Murray!

Saw it yesterday and loved it :D

As a general film yeah it had some flaws but as a Spiderman film it was spot on. Garfield just owns the character so much more than Toby ever did.

Was worried since I knew which characters were to appear it might be overcrowded like Spider-Man 3 but it wasn't at all.

Each character was handled just right, Electro was the main villian, Goblin and Rhino were an origin stories and set up for part 3 (or teh Sinister Six spin off....still not sure how that is meant to work without it being a Spiderman film?)

Absaloutely loved the first fight with Electro too, so tense at the start with Max freaking out and Spidey trying to talk him down even though you knew shit was gonna kick off.

And teh "voice in his head" was awesome, brilliant how they made it part of the music too (at first I thought it might have been the "Shadowy guy in the hat" egging him on with some sort of telepathic power)

Must find that soundtrack later :D

Gwens death was a bit of a shock, even though I had a feeling it might be coming sooner or later... though I hoped later as I wanted to see more of Emma's Gwen as her and Garfield worked so well together.

As soon as we saw them on teh bridge just after Harry becomes the Goblin it was like "damn she not gonna last much londer is she" :heh:

When she was falling in the clock tower the only thing I was thinking was "don't let her die due the the whiplash caused by his web stopping her fall like in the comics"....but that THUD was even worse just heartbreak :(

Liked that Richard Parker used his own DNA to create the spiders, that's a nice way to explain how Peter was able to bond 100% with the venom, and here was me worried Richard might have been experimenting on his son when he was a baby after the first film, haha.

Still want to know who this shadowy dude in the hat is though..... starting think now maybe he is/will become Craven the Hunter, but that character doesn't really fit the few scenes we;ve seen of him.

An X-Men trailer? WTF? How did that even happen? Spidey is made by Sony, X-Men by Fox? Did Fox toss a wad of cash at Sony or something?

I get a feeling the scene with the dude in the hat visiting Harry at the end and up to the Rhino "fight" scene was meant to be the credits scene but it was too big a sequence to not be in the main film.

Speaking of the end of the film...

WTF, seriously they end it there....the exact moment they ended a number of the trailers on? So they used the last shot of the film in the trailers :heh:

I was think, "woot finally we get to see more of this fight" then END....ggrrrrrr, what a tease.

Does that mean Amazing Spiderman 3 picks up right a that point? A full on continuation?

Seems to be a massive difference of opinion regarding this film. I saw it on Friday and wasn't overly impressed. I absolutely loved the first one and I felt this one just tried to do a little too much aka Spiderman 3. It had its good points, the effects were amazing and the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone was off the charts.

Going into this film I kinda expected them to kill of Gwen, still it sucked majorly to see it happen. I know Peter and MJ is the end game but I really enjoyed the way the relationship between Peter and Gwen played out over the course of the story so far. It makes me sad to know there won't be any more Emma Stone in future films

:(

So I saw this film yesterday, and after thinking it was going to be horrible after seeing the trailer, I was actually pleasantly surprised. The first film was a disappointment, but this was much better.

I wasn´t fond of Electro at all after seeing him in the trailer, and after seeing the film, I´d say the enemies are the film biggest problem. They aren´t fleshed out enough, and, well, they are ugly.

Electro just looks horrible, both pre- and post transformation, and he isn´t very interesting as a character, he´s too simple. Like somebody already mentioned, it doesn´t take much for this character to do a complete 180.

The Goblin.. is also ugly. I also really hate his voice. But that´s no problem, since he was barely in it. Luckily, Harry Osborne, unlike Max, is an interesting character, played wonderfully by his actor, but he´s also not fleshed out. I think he also turns on Peter way too quickly. It´s mitigated by the very shitty treatment he got from Oscorp, so he had more of a legitimate reason to go bad.

But like I said, despite that, I was pleasantly surprised. Despite not liking Electro as a character, he and Spider-man did have some great action scenes together. I didn´t like what I saw in the trailer, but the complete scenes in the film were exciting after all.

Then of course..

NOOOOO!! NOT GWEN STACEY!!!!!!!!!!

Emma Stone is hot, her Gwen Sacey is cute, and Peter and Gwen are adorable together. I absolutely don´t give any fuck about some Mary-Jane at this point. Of course, I already knew what was going to happen, I was spoilered in this very thread (and I wish I wasn´t :(), but still. A powerful dramatic scene.

Anyway, looking forward to the next.

Oh, and by the way, they didn´t show the X-men scene in this particular (Imax) version, but that´s for the best.

I adore Spiderman but this was just mediocre for me. The style is amazing and there's no denying I wasn't impressed with the action but I just didn't feel it. I felt that they tried to do too many things and fit too many enemies in at once. It felt a little too much. Still, it was okay enough but definitely not fantastic. I'd probably give it a watch again at some point in the future though.

I went back to ASM 1 to see if it would get me in the mood to watch this, and it killed it. I mean the bad kind of killed it. I thought I liked it a lot more than I did. And after seeing the new eyes in trailers/promos, realise the old ones were just awful. And not keen on twitchy Parker at all.

I still kinda want to see ASM2 but... dat cinema ticket price for dat rotten tomatoes score....?