NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Is it just me or is it more like the original suit this time around? To be honest, I really liked the new suit in TAS1, perhaps even more so than the original suit.

DAMN! Those eyes are amazing! Straight out of the comics!

Now we just need the name reveal that its called "The Spectacular Spider-Man" and everyone will be happy.

I'm hoping that's fake. The spider emblem is all wrong. The massive legs is what made the Amazing Spider-Man suit so special. Now it just looks like Tobey is back in the house.

Now we just need the name reveal that its called "The Spectacular Spider-Man" and everyone will be happy.

I bet they won't do that... they'll be saving that for the next reboot :heh:

who is the ginger girl meant to be...........please say not mary jane? because she looks like a 14 year old and a plain jane one at that

who is the ginger girl meant to be...........please say not mary jane? because she looks like a 14 year old and a plain jane one at that
Yep it's MJ.

Makes me think Spidey's new eyes might actually be beer goggles.

Yep it's MJ.

Makes me think Spidey's new eyes might actually be beer goggles.

Was thinking the same, esepcially when you think Emma Stone :love: is in the film too... didn't know MJ was gonna be in this.... are they really gonna go down a love triangle route?

Or do you think maybe Gwen gets killed and MJ appears near the end?

Though if they killed Gwen that wouldn't feel right unless Green Goblin was the main villian.... so unless they are playing that one very secret......

Anyway just checked IMDB, Shailene Woodley is the actress playing MJ

She actually looks a lot better in her IMDB profile pic

MV5BOTIxNTE2NTQ3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMwOTk2Nw@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

I'd imagine Gwen might get killed off in the third film, and MJ might just cameo in this? Have a Gwen Trilogy and an MJ Trilogy in terms of story more.

I really can't work out what direction they going with this film, what might be main story elements, what might be cameo's or stuff for the end credits...

So far we've got Electro, Rhino, a hint at Venom, Gwen, MJ and Harry.

I'd like them to really mix it up, have MJ basically follow the story line of Gwen from the Ultimate universe, and have her be the friendly teen that doesn't actually want anything more than friendship....then mercilessly kill her off

That is mainly because Emma Stone is in another league to this MJ its just so unrealistic to keep her, especially when she looks like she's 4/5 years younger than peter, what is he the spectacular pedoman

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I'd like them to really mix it up, have MJ basically follow the story line of Gwen from the Ultimate universe, and have her be the friendly teen that doesn't actually want anything more than friendship....then mercilessly kill her off

That is mainly because Emma Stone is in another league to this MJ its just so unrealistic to keep her, especially when she looks like she's 4/5 years younger than peter, what is he the spectacular pedoman

I dunno...I kinda like the idea of this plain (mary) jane who is second to Gwen, his first love etcetc. Is Mary Jane originally not supposed to be all that hot, I don't actually know. Kinda like...she isn't a stunner he notices right away but like later she ends up being the love of his life. I can't for the life of me recall how they handle it in Ultimate(assume you mean the comics) but I do remember thinking it was kinda cool.

(I still need to catch up on the end of Ultimate actually, as they stopped running it over here when Xmen finished :( How much longer did it run?)

Is Mary Jane originally not supposed to be all that hot, I don't actually know.

Faceittiger_zpsc77ff08a.jpg

I dunno...I kinda like the idea of this plain (mary) jane who is second to Gwen, his first love etcetc. Is Mary Jane originally not supposed to be all that hot, I don't actually know. Kinda like...she isn't a stunner he notices right away but like later she ends up being the love of his life. I can't for the life of me recall how they handle it in Ultimate(assume you mean the comics) but I do remember thinking it was kinda cool.

(I still need to catch up on the end of Ultimate actually, as they stopped running it over here when Xmen finished :( How much longer did it run?)

She's always been hot and was a shallow bitch, who eventually mature (read as took on lots Gwen's character traits) when they killed her off.

This MJ doesn't look the part, hense me saying she was closer to Ultimate Gwen (younger, only a friend, bit plain)

Magnus's picture illustrates the point well, she was fit and boy did she know it

I won't hide it, i've always preferred Gwen, she always seemed more Peter's type, MJ seemed to be Flash Thompson's type

That's a pretty unflattering shot of the new MJ but I think she looks very 'girl next-door' ish and we should wait for publicity stills or a trailer before judging too much.

She's always been hot and was a shallow bitch, who eventually mature (read as took on lots Gwen's character traits) when they killed her off.

This MJ doesn't look the part, hense me saying she was closer to Ultimate Gwen (younger, only a friend, bit plain)

Magnus's picture illustrates the point well, she was fit and boy did she know it

I won't hide it, i've always preferred Gwen, she always seemed more Peter's type, MJ seemed to be Flash Thompson's type

Yeah, Magnus's post summed it up quite well. Seen so many iterations of her I kinda lost track! They've softened her a bit more in more recent iterations, I think. I never knew enough of Gwen to really get behind it, it was obviously well before my time and I never got round to reading the old bits and bobs with her(older spidermans irk me now), plus she hasn't been done too often since MJ and the 90s, has she?

I am really excited for the eventual reboot of this series. Hopefully they just keep going with different adjectives until they run out. Personally looking forward to "Elderly Spiderman," "Slightly Dickish Spiderman," possibly even "Criminally Insane Spiderman" played by a heavily drugged Gary Busey, to keep the insanity quota withing manageable bounds.

Norman Osborn added...

Also Harry Osborn looks a bit too young too.

I hope Norman is only a bit part/cameo with an after-credits scene.

I mean they can't seriously be putting all these villans/characters into the one film?

Electro, Rhino seems enough...with Rhino prolly being a small role in the intro or maybe becomes a bit of a henchman for Electro?

Then there seems to be possible hints at Venom appearing too...or at least being in the end credits.... but now with Norman added could they maybe do both Green Goblin and Venom in the end credits? With both of those being the main villians in the 3rd film?

Nonetheless I am excited by the prospect of them killing Gwen like in the comics....or throwing us a curveball and switching Gwen and MJ around and maybe killing MJ instead.

Also wondering how will they handle Green Goblin and Venom. Will the Goblin be a suit or will it be a mutation type transformation like the Ultimate version. Given this series of films seems to be borrowing a lot from the Ultimate comics it will prolly be the latter. And that leaves Venom...with no hint of Eddie Brock (yet) I wonder if they might borrow from teh Ultimate Spiderman cartoon where Harry Osbourne became Venom instead. That would certainly be a good route to take to seperate it from the previous trilogy.

Edited by Mokong

Yeah that Venom teaser I posted on the previous page mentioned they could go the Harry/Venom route.

So I guess in a sequel we could see Venom and Green Goblin team up. Or maybe even Spidey and Venom team up against Green Goblin. They might want to differentiate Venom quite a bit from the last version given how bad it all was.

Well Osborn was dying in Spider-man (hence them wanting cures etc) so maybe he has Cancer........and in the Ultimate Universe the Venom suit was created while trying to cure Cancer......you don't have to leap much to seeing those being related