NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I suddenly have an urge to watch Power Rangers: The Movie now :hmm:

I always have that urge

Hmm...yeah maybe a questionable look - but would people really prefer the classic green and yellow with starface? Hoping he'll look much better in the actual thing, maybe not a look that can be captured in just stills?

lol, I just youtube'd some clips from it too :p

Hmm...yeah maybe a questionable look - but would people really prefer the classic green and yellow with starface? Hoping he'll look much better in the actual thing, maybe not a look that can be captured in just stills?
The new look is quite close to Ultimate Electro... it really I'm just not sure it works on screen well, maybe it's Jamie Foxx too?

I don't know, whilst the classic costume is quite comical... if you think about Loki's look isn't so dissimilar and looks absolutely bad-ass in the movies! They could have done something similar.

Loki%20filmvcomic.jpg

6e22c9eb-81cb-49d1-8bd5-81cef9565970_electro-4.jpg

Having said that, Loki's outfit is far more easily acceptable having come from another world... Where as you'd have more trouble explaining why Electro went with a costume like that :p

Edited by Retro_Link
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, he's a god of another realm! That's more acceptable. I like Electro BECAUSE it's embracing the newer looks, but I do see how it looks a bit pants atm too. I wondered if Foxx's looks contributed, but I'm not sure it'd matter if the same effects were used on someone else?

Power Rangers blew my mind when I watched that in the cinema as a kid. I haven't watched it in some time.

Edited by bryanee

Power Rangers blew my mind when I watched that in the cinema as a kid. I haven't watched it in some time.

Me neither. Namely since I watched it in the cinema as a kid. Sometimes I think it's probably best to keep it that way.

So Electro was bitten by genetically manipulated electric eel? Well. Alright. Looking forward to seeing that trailer in better quality.

3 short trailer teases

BaOQvB-CEAAG584.jpg:large

BaORKEdCMAIYVfh.jpg

goblin_huh.jpg

Tony Stark called, he wants his Rhino-buster suit back! That thing looks huge, and more than just a suit, more like a mech?

Also surely 'Green Goblin'?... is going to have a very rushed story in this film!!

Edited by Retro_Link

I of course knew about Rhino (that thing looks like a tank not a suit :heh:) and Electro.... but when did Green Goblin even ther equation? And is that DeFoe playing him again?

3 Villians gives me bad vibe of the Remi Spiderman 3 *shudder*

I thought Rhino would just be a bit part at the begining with Electro being the main villian for the film.... but now their tossing in a 3rd??????

I of course knew about Rhino (that thing looks like a tank not a suit :heh:) and Electro.... but when did Green Goblin even ther equation? And is that DeFoe playing him again?

has always been playing Harry Osborn in this film...

garfield-dehaan-2-amazing-spider-man-2.jpg

It just seemed very unlikely he'd become a Goblin of some form as early as this film, and not just have this film set it up for the future.

Shocker is even being talked about as a possible 4th Villian/cameo...

Another bit of news could hint at yet another villain. This comes from Sony's viral news blog The Daily Bugle. Reporter Ned Leeds -- who becomes Hobgoblin in the Spider-Man comics, but that isn't even the story here -- writes about a bank robbery the police were unable to stop because "some kind of sustained vibration literally shook the door off its hinges and ripped the walls apart in the process.” Detective Stan Carter -- another reference to the comics -- states, "When we catch him, we don’t expect anything more than a common crook with a clever toy.”

Cinema Blend points out that this description sounds very similar to the classic Spider-Man villain Shocker, an infamous safe-cracker who uses special gauntlets to shoot high-frequency blasts of vibration.

A cameo would be fine, even on top of all that. It could be Shocker appearing in the opening scene similar to Scarecrow in The Dark Knight.

But yeah that looks like dangerously close to stepping into the studio-pressure territory that killed off Raimi's trilogy.

has always been playing Harry Osborn in this film...

garfield-dehaan-2-amazing-spider-man-2.jpg

It just seemed very unlikely he'd become a Goblin of some form as early as this film, and not just have this film set it up for the future.

Harry was in the film... though don't know his actor and the pic from the poster does look alot like Defoe :D

...so wait not only are they potentially rushing Green Goblin into the film but they are skipping Norman and going right to Harry?????

I R NOT HAPPY WITH THIS TURN OF EVENTS :mad:

*sigh* Well I'll still likely go see the film anyway :heh:

this will be Green Goblin for sure... there certainly isn't much green about the design they've gone for (unless you just can't see it in that pic), but yeah seems that way.

This does seem WAY too similar to James Franco's 'Goblin' character.

I guess this could just be another Harry Osborn 'Goblin', and Norman Osborn's actual Green Goblin will come to it in a future film?

Too many damn Goblins!

Actually looks quite like Andrew Garfield as Goblin in that poster ;p but you can see the Harry actor in there I think.

Edited by Retro_Link

Its virtually guaranteed that this film is setting up

The Sinister Six

In the third film.

I say bring it on. I don't think a lot of villains is the problem, I just think its an unhappy coincidence the super hero movies with a lot of villains have not tended to be very good. The good ones are the exception rather than the rule (hay X-Men and X2)

Yeah seems that way, which I'd be excited for, I just hope they approach it well.

Really looking forward to the trailer on Thursday!

Need to see more of Electro, and also now Rhino to understand what's going on with him!

Haven't they confirmed that they are doing like another 3 films after the first now?

Just thinking out loud but the if the poster is genuine it could be more of a one for the 'series' of films rather than just what is appearing in the second?

Or maybe it's just because I am having a hard time thinking how they can get so many stories into one film to do them justice...

Haven't they confirmed that they are doing like another 3 films after the first now?

Just thinking out loud but the if the poster is genuine it could be more of a one for the 'series' of films rather than just what is appearing in the second?

Or maybe it's just because I am having a hard time thinking how they can get so many stories into one film to do them justice...

With this films date on the poster, it does seem to imply this is what will happen in Spider-Man 2.

They have announced up to Spider-Man 4 though yeah, but I think the bad-guy count is just going to build and build until that film, and probably introduce a couple of heroes to support Spidey against them too.

Wonder if they'd ever introduce the slightly other-dimensional Madame Web stuff?

With this films date on the poster, it does seem to imply this is what will happen in Spider-Man 2.

They have announced up to Spider-Man 4 though yeah, but I think the bad-guy count is just going to build and build until that film, and probably introduce a couple of heroes to support Spidey against them too.

Wonder if they'd ever introduce the slightly other-dimensional Madame Web stuff?

Ah ok, my bad for not looking at the poster properly.

I hope it all works out awesome, I really enjoyed the first, preferred it to the other ones tbh. Just hope they don't go and ruin it all.

IIIIIIIInteresting.

Does it seem like Oscorp already has all the badguy arsenal in place?... Doc-Ock tentacles, Vultures wings, Goblins suit/hoverboard, Rhino zoid, Electro's... power... and they just need volunteers/thugs to take on each role?

If so they're pretty much doing away with badguy origin's stories for these set of films, and instead are pretty much doing a very contained Oscorp based story that they already have mapped out across 4 films that will just play out with more and more villians signing up and leading to the Sinister Six story.

It's a very different way to go about it. And possible not good, as you won't care about any bad guys.

Also, Jamie Foxx is so wrong for this ;p

and lighten up Peter!... no one likes Emo Parker.

Edited by Retro_Link

Looks great to me! Peter's quips wouldn't have suited the mood of that trailer but I'm sure they're still in there. I think it's definitely a lead in to the Sinister Six.

The focus seems to be on Electro, which is good. It's ok to have multiple villains, as long as you don't try to make them equal-part antagonists. Raimi's Spider-Man 3 tried to give three villains three different lengthy origin stories and make you care about them all through to the end.

"Everyone will know a world without Spider-Man!"

Yeah it's been about two years, I think they can remember what it was like.

Looks great to me! Peter's quips wouldn't have suited the mood of that trailer but I'm sure they're still in there. I think it's definitely a lead in to the Sinister Six.

The focus seems to be on Electro, which is good. It's ok to have multiple villains, as long as you don't try to make them equal-part antagonists. Raimi's Spider-Man 3 tried to give three villains three different lengthy origin stories and make you care about them all through to the end.

What do you think about the badguys all seemingly coming about through Oscorp hiring or test subjects?

This looks so bad, like it's going to be a cluttered toy commercial that tries to squeeze in too many villains at the expense of the plot.

Plus, I really don't like the direction they've taken the villains either. Goblin looks too much like the Spider-Man 3 Goblin, Rhino looks ridiculous and Electro looks poor too. I wasn't a big fan of the first Amazing Spider-Man but had hopes they'd do something good with the sequel.