NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Since they've announced a 3 and 4, they might wait till then to introduce MJ.

they've said they will include MJ in the third film and that she will be recast!

i for one am pleased with this, but i'd still like to see them mix things up and switch the story lines of Gwen and MJ

Bit harsh on the girl who thought she was going to be MJ in Spiderman!

I read a suggestion that because they have decided to push her appearance back to the later films she will be unavailable for further filming hence the suggestion of a re-cast. Or it would just be a way of getting rid of her! :p Her 'appearance' didn't quite sit right with me, she didn't have that 'hot factor' I believe MJ is normally portrayed to have.

I hope this means I can see more of Emma Stone on screen!!! :love:

I think that is gonna be him without any CGI :p

For the CGI stuff they'll need to add the mo-cap stuff.

i really don't know where i stand on that, on the one hand i have no problem with the premise of a gay relationship a bi relationship or whatever. But on the flip side, i don't like it when they alter plots to things to shoe horn in something for an agenda, be it a LBGT agenda, a political agenda, a religious agenda etc, so i'd rather them not alter a major character in such a way just so they can do something thats "not even that ground breaking" according to Garfield

But I'm not keen on MJ never have been, she's always been a souless bimbo and i've never understood how a nerd would go out with someone like that especially given his original predisposed type was the nerdy girl type in Gwen. I can only assume that it was at the time something for the readers to show that anyone can get the prom queen, you know inspire children at the time, where as now the world is different and they are trying to move away from the trophy girlfirend towards the more independant and realisitic woman, which would be Gwen. So to carry out this idea it would mean flipping the spiderman love triangle mythos and making MJ/AJ the minor love and keeping Gwen, so we could see MJ/AJ be the one that dies on the bridge....assuming 1 it happened and 2 they didn't want to completely go mad and have gwen die and AJ be the love of his life, thus changing the character beyond belief, which i can see just about everyone not wanting, or certainly not without altering them to basically be a male version of Gwen, because i can't see them doing a trrophy boyfriend/girlfriend again, i mean they altered MJ to what was almost Gwen in the previous trillogy (and Gwen to basically MJ)

I hope that all made sense

TL: DR not sure where to stand, i don't mind but don't like shoe horned plot/character changes to tick agenda boxes

I don't think he was being that serious and I can't see it happening for a million years.

I don't think he was being that serious and I can't see it happening for a million years.

:blush: Well now i feel silly for discussing it seriously

hell lets have spiderman have a relationship with a catwoman, she could be black perhaps?

I would not object to Andrew Garfield having a gay relationship on screen. But yeah, never gonna happen and it would feel so forced.

And yeah, he's clearly just joking around anyway :p

Is Andrew Garfield gay and trying to get some kisses from that other actor?

Isn't he dating Emma Stone? #idlegossip

Point being, pretty sure he's not gay at the very least.

Hmm... looks a bit rubbish in that :p

(also stop whispering, can barely hear what you're saying)

Does nobody else think that electro looks crap? Admittedly, it might look a lot better in movement as it's hard to see if his head is translucent and that glowing bit hovers around but from the stills, he looks like an advert for face painting.

Does nobody else think that electro looks crap? Admittedly, it might look a lot better in movement as it's hard to see if his head is translucent and that glowing bit hovers around but from the stills, he looks like an advert for face painting.
There's some footage of him in the post above.

Yeah I'm not keen on the look atm either.

There's some footage of him in the post above.

Yeah I'm not keen on the look atm either.

The teaser? I thought the special effects were "turned off"!

It's even worse than I thought!

He looks like a cross between Arnies Freeze and Ivan Ooze. Terrible.

I think we're all missing how good Spidey looks in that pic. mirite? No.. oh, ok.

He looks like a cross between Arnies Freeze and Ivan Ooze. Terrible.

I suddenly have an urge to watch Power Rangers: The Movie now :hmm: