NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

What is the old feel of Star Wars?

Well it's that feeling of adventure, the focus on character development and world building and less on action per-say, the style of cinematography (slow panning and lingering shots etc), the swiftly paced script and writing style, as well as everything that went along with that.

Even in comparison to the prequel trilogy, the difference between this trailer and those three movies is really obvious in terms of cinematography. You can just tell that it was directed by Abrams and not by the people who directed the first 6 movies.

It's not a bad thing really, it's just different. And I'm sure that'll be reflected throughout the whole movie as well. I like Abrams' work, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it, just not necessarily in the same way as the original 3 or even the prequel trilogy (which did have its moments... Especially Revenge of the Sith).

I just want the new films to be good. We can worry about it being traditional Star Wars or how in-keeping it is to the originals later on. Let's make sure that the films are actually good now.

The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were fucking awful films, never mind bad Star Wars films. The dialogue was shit, the acting was shit, the pacing was shit. SHIT, shit, shit. Revenge of the Sith had about 10-20 good minutes worth of footage in there somewhere, sandwiched amongst the other shit acting and dialogue. When people say that the film was decent or good, what they actually mean is that it's passable for a film and less shit than the other two.

I'll take a well-functioning film first. We're never going to get the same feel as the originals anyway because the films are well over 30 years old now. I welcome something different, because something needs to be done to the series to breath new life into it, especially after 1,2 and 3 tarnished the franchise in certain ways.

My order, best to worst:

V, III, IV, III, II, I

But love them all.

You're being very generous to III there.

Agreed. We were in the cinema watching III when Hayden Christensen shouts "I hate you!" and my friend just shouted "You fucking suck!"

Just summed up the whole movie right there. That one line. Three words, so badly written, delivered terribly.

You're being very generous to III there.

I don't watch Star wars for the acting or dialogue, its the story i love.

It's the conclusion is Palparine's amazing plan... just really like it!

My order, best to worst:

V, III, IV, III, II, I

But love them all.

@Phube loves Episode III so much it's made his list twice. Meanwhile Return of the Jedi Ep VI doesn't get a look in... poor Ewoks

My order, best to worst:

V, III, IV, III, II, I

But love them all.

For me its

V, IV, III, VI, II, I

III just edges VI for me.

I actually like II mainly for Obi Wan, that was his film, forget whatever Padme / Anakin were doing.

One of the best things about the Prequel Trilogy was the casting of Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobi.

I wonder if he'll come back if they do a Obi Wan movie.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-is-the-first-star-wars-stand-alone-film-rian-johnson-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii?linkId=12857863

Star Wars: Rogue One (first stand alone film)

Felicity Jones: Main Role

Gareth Edwards: Director

Chris Weitz: Writer

John Knoll, Jason McGatliln, Simon Emanuel: Executive Producers

Out December 16, 2016.

Star Wars: Episode VIII

Rian Johnson: Director

JJ Abrams: Executive Producer

Out 26th May 2017.

Agreed. We were in the cinema watching III when Hayden Christensen shouts "I hate you!" and my friend just shouted "You fucking suck!"

Just summed up the whole movie right there. That one line. Three words, so badly written, delivered terribly.

I suppose he couldn't think of much prose at the time of having his anus (as well as several other body areas) being on fire.

From the Star Wars Celebration event.

WiqAocu.jpg

1ef.gif

My brothers wife and her brother flew off to LA yesterday to go to the event. Jammy gits.

EDIT:

I'll put the following promo posters in a spoiler link, just in case people don't wanna see them. You get a good look at the villain.

CCtbfZHWMAADVzP.jpg:large

CCtbXHIW8AAi1qh.jpg:large

CCtbcmrWYAE0VeU.jpg:large

Anyone else think the Stormtroopers look like ducks? Dat beak.

Can't unsee.

Go on GAF they've already photoshoped the beak yellow and turned it fully into the robcop duck from Ducktales

Being the internet, I knew it couldn't just be me. Just didn't notice anyone point it out on Reddit.

Fuck sake, all I can see is the duck now.

From the Star Wars Celebration event.

WiqAocu.jpg

1ef.gif

My brothers wife and her brother flew off to LA yesterday to go to the event. Jammy gits.

EDIT:

I'll put the following promo posters in a spoiler link, just in case people don't wanna see them. You get a good look at the villain.

CCtbXHIW8AAi1qh.jpg:large

CCtbcmrWYAE0VeU.jpg:large

That first image in the spoiler tag.

I swear, on first viewing I though the villain only had one arm. Took me a whole thirty seconds before I saw it.

I'm also not sure about that lightsabre style anymore. It looked cool at first but...surely that's asking for trouble.

I swear, on first viewing I though the villain only had one arm. Took me a whole thirty seconds before I saw it.

I genuinely thought he had a weird little spindly arm until I realised he had both hands on the lightsabre!

I genuinely thought he had a weird little spindly arm until I realised he had both hands on the lightsabre!

Hahahahaha, that's exactly what I thought!

I did think for one second...fuck, well...Star Wars could do with a disabled villain, I guess. Makes it all interesting.

The style of Kylo Ren looks like he was inspired by Darth Revan. If they link it to the Old Republic Era, I'd be extremely happy.

I did think for one second...fuck, well...Star Wars could do with a disabled villain, I guess. Makes it all interesting.

The main villain of the original trilogy had no arms or legs...

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

The style of Kylo Ren looks like he was inspired by Darth Revan. If they link it to the Old Republic Era, I'd be extremely happy.

The main villain of the original trilogy had no arms or legs...

Well...

True, although he had replacements. So, in some ways, he was more able than others, whereas this one appeared to be missing an arm, therefore at a disadvantage.

If he was missing an arm, and chose not to use one of those amazing robotic ones, then he's just an idiot.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't spoiler this, because...well, who cares?