NEurope
heroicjanitor

Android App for Dublin Bus Users

Made my first app a little while ago, thought I should mention it here as both a plug and because I think it is useful :p Made it because I was annoyed at how difficult it was when my mam's friend asked me to find her a bus between two places, and because @Diageo had mentioned the idea to me before.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herojan.busfinder

Tis free, anyone in Dublin with an android phone wanna give it a go and let me know how they get on? Not sure how many of those exist here but still :p

I think I should add a tutorial for first time users at the least, but you press two areas on the map and then it shows you the buses which go between those two areas. It will show the stops, which you can press two have a balloon tell you which bus to take and which direction, and you can press the balloon to tell you when the next buses will arrive at that stop.

You can also favourite stops so you can quickly check the next arrivals to your favourite stops.

As your only Jelly Bean user, I don't think I reflect the general dublin populus.

If you want it tested then try making a thread on some Dublin forums.

O_o don't know why that didn't occur to me. Good/sensible idea!

I am not very aware of android phones as I've never owned one but I presume this wouldn't work on an iPad?

I am not very aware of android phones as I've never owned one but I presume this wouldn't work on an iPad?

Nope, sorry :(

bummer! I can check it out on Eddie's phone next time I see her though (: I'm pretty impressed of your work though, looks really something good!

I want to tested so tell me some pure informations regarding that & listen before two weeks about Android my friends tell me this is great & smart faster.

All good points. All good points indeed. Seems like a broken English way to snidely tell me I want people to use my app and inform me of problems. Too relevant to be a bot!