NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Debug Mode

Dragon Quest VII - Remake for 3DS

Shipped 1 million copies, sold 500k in the first day!

Edit: Corrected

Edited by Ike
Corrections

Do those figures exclude digital purchases?

Yes although tomorrow Famitsu should have the retail + digital numbers.

Thought for a second that the sales must be wrong, until I looked again on Amazon to find it's been back in stock for a while.

Pretty good, though I was expecting it to sell more than X did on launch day.

Sorry for the bump since there's no locaisation news yet but I picked up the PS1 version for a decent price & from a UK seller.

IMG_20130515_185505.jpg

Few cracks in the case and the disk holder things are broken so the discs always fall out which wasn't mentioned in the item description (although my fault for not checking beforehand, but there wasn't much time left) so not sure if I should kick up a fuss.

Got the Japanese and US PS1 releases now.

Just need Dragon Quest IV for the NES now...

^Hahaha, I'm selling mine on Amazon at the moment. It's in 100% perfect condition. Instructions still smell fresh! I had a buyer but they slipped through my fingers! I think I was only half-way through the game, but I had life problems, and left it too long and never got my interest back up. A shame, because it was so ******* awesome. Decided to sell it the moment I heard about the remake, figured I'd let some collector have it (err, anyone interest, know I can negotiate the price!) Had it around about the time I was playing new PS1 RPGs; it seemed every new month brought me a new US import RPG. No sooner had I finished one, it was onto the next. Good times.

^Hahaha, I'm selling mine on Amazon at the moment. It's in 100% perfect condition. Instructions still smell fresh! I had a buyer but they slipped through my fingers! I think I was only half-way through the game, but I had life problems, and left it too long and never got my interest back up. A shame, because it was so ******* awesome. Decided to sell it the moment I heard about the remake, figured I'd let some collector have it (err, anyone interest, know I can negotiate the price!) Had it around about the time I was playing new PS1 RPGs; it seemed every new month brought me a new US import RPG. No sooner had I finished one, it was onto the next. Good times.

Amazon UK? Which one was yours, was prepared to pay much over £30 and both those price ranges don't seem to be you.

It was pretty expensive. 59.99, but was willing to drop to 49.99. Had a buyer somewhere in the EU, but when I finally agreed to send to another country they just vanished on me.

Ah right, yeah a bit more than what I'm willing to pay.

Disc 2 seems to have some read errors when I tried writing an ISO of the disc so not sure if that's going to cause problems. It boots in my emulator but I can only access the main menu. can't see any major scratches on the disc either. :(

There's a rumour flying around that Nintendo had to choose between this and Bravely Default to localize, and for now they chose BD.

Doesn't mean we never get DQVII here, but if these rumours are true, it seems unlikely as of now.

I don't mind waiting, but it would be a terrible decision if we never got Dragon Quest VII.

"This petition came from France, written in Japanese, asking, 'Is there any way you would consider it?' We hear the fans, and we're paying attention. We had actually given up on the idea of localization altogether, but because there's such a great response we're trying to rethink this, to see if there's any way to make this more feasible. We're recalculating, and figuring out the costs necessary. Trying to work out the details."

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=236408

Sounds kinda hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.

Seems like they didn't learn from Bravely Default which sold better outside of Japan if I remember correctly. :/ Although IV, V and VI didn't exactly sell very well so I understand why they are hesitant. The mobile ports are doing pretty well though but we're unlikely to get VII for the same reasons.

They also talked about possibility bringing the 3DS Rocket Slime game over.

Edited by Ike

Seems like they didn't learn from Bravely Default which sold better outside of Japan if I remember correctly. :/ Although IV, V and VI didn't exactly sell very well so I understand why they are hesitant. The mobile ports are doing pretty well though but we're unlikely to get VII for the same reasons.

I personally don't think it's going to happen. I would LOVE to be proved wrong but I think if they had any intention of bringing it over then they would have at least started the process by now.

It's a shame really. The sales of Bravely Default showed that there are many out there who want to play a traditional JRPG. S-E said they were surprised by the sales of it and would have to rethink on what the market actually wants. Then they go and pull this. :(

Makes me glad that I picked up an NTSC copy of the PS1 game all those years ago. ;)

Though I would still love to see it arrive over here as much as the next DQ fan. : peace:

Would buy again. :D

I wonder if there's any truth in the rumour that New 3DS will be region-free? If so, I would at least hope Square-Enix make a North American version, which would presumably be cheaper regarding translation. It wouldn't be ideal for non-English speakers, but it's the only way I can possibly imagine playing it at the moment.

If they particularly marketed the new Dragon Quest Monsters remakes to Pokemon fans, they'd sell. Some publishers/developers are just dumb. They can go on about low sales (the last one had low sales because it wasn't marketed and they gave us the non-updated Pro version). All it has to do is play to the Pokemon fans...and FF/DQ RPG fans.

I wonder if there's any truth in the rumour that New 3DS will be region-free? If so, I would at least hope Square-Enix make a North American version, which would presumably be cheaper regarding translation. It wouldn't be ideal for non-English speakers, but it's the only way I can possibly imagine playing it at the moment.

The region free rumour has since been quashed. :weep:

zaeop6g.png

No platform was mentioned, though. Come on. Make it happen!

Well they're both out on 3DS so logically...

Excellent!

As far as I'm aware, Dragon Quest VII has never been released in French, so this points towards a European release (which is why H-o-T posted it, of course). Could possibly be iOS, but is hopefully 3DS.

Might have to take back my "Etrian Odyssey is the best RPG series" statement. :)

Well they're both out on 3DS so logically...

SE and logic do not mix well. Add a dash of hope, and it goes further down hill. With regards to SE and Nintendo EU/US; expect nothing until the game is in your console and playing.

Sign in to follow this