NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Debug Mode

Dragon Quest VII - Remake for 3DS

Impossible. It's still not Fire Emblem.

Like Grazza said...Looks like it could be the best 3DS game so far!

More details:

Cosmo Phantom

- has a sword made of light

- originally from Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Wing Tiger and Draco Slime

- both from Terry’s Wonderland 3D

Class change system

- select basic jobs such as warrior, fighter, cleric, wizard, dancer, bard, thief, shepherd, mariner, and jester

- visit the Dharma Temple to change into advanced jobs like ranger, dragoon, sage and hero class

- character’s appearance changes when you change classes

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/12/dragon-quest-vii-for-3ds-has-guest-monsters-from-dqm-terrys-wonderland-3d/

No, not this shit again. -.-

Why does Square Enix insist on remaking games that don't need to be remade instead of remaking the ones that do? Just re-release the old DQVII on the eShop instead of making a version which if DS's FF4 and FF2 are anything to go by will be good but worse than the original? Why was this made into 3D? Give me enhanced ports à-la FFIV Complete Collection over these 3D reworkings any day... DQVII is fine in it's original inception, it has aged marvelously... just go and remake FFVII or DQ3 instead of these perfectly fine games.

*sigh*

Spoiler that shit hero.

And you do know oxygen that dragon quest v on the ps2 is one of the best remakes out there. So the game being supervised and made by the same people that made dqv is a sure bet Thayer this too will be a very well done remake.

Edited by killer kirby

Spoiler that shit hero.

And you do know oxygen that dragon quest v on the ps2 is one of the best remakes out there. So the game being supervised and made by the same people that made dqv is a sure bet Thayer this too will be a very well done remake.

Spoiler what? A trailer? It's up to the person if they want to watch it or not and the pic it's stuck on before you press play has nothing but a purple/blue screen.

Looks so much better in motion than in the screenshots. I like the mix of the old retro battle style with the newer system (you can see the monsters but you can see the party as well if you know what I mean), think one of the old Phantasy Star's used this system, just not in 3D.

Spoiler what? A trailer? It's up to the person if they want to watch it or not and the pic it's stuck on before you press play has nothing but a purple/blue screen.

Yeah, but now I know there's purple in the game!

Spoiler that shit hero.

I'm not saying it's not gonna be good, but it's completely unnecessary. Glad that you mentioned the PS2 DQV remake, because as good as it was it was equally unnecessary. It frustrates me that we get these remakes of games that still hold up incredibly well today instead of them remaking the games that REALLY need to be remade like DQ 3 or FF 7/8 and maybe 9 (although 9 still holds up decently). It seems such a waste of resources to remake DQVII...

Also, the fact that most people agree that DQV DS > DQV PS2 pretty much cements that people would rather have enhanced ports instead of unnecessary remakes. Why do you reckon FFIV DS got such a worse reception than FFIV PSP?

Being advertised outside of 7/Eleven last night, I completely forgot about it.

Definitely snapping this up!

...Coming to iOS in 2014! ;)

No, seriously, it's spine-tingling stuff. I meant to comment on it when Hero-of-Time posted it (seems it wasn't meant to be released then). It looks very polished. The graphics are creeping ever-closer towards the quality of VIII, and the music is a giant leap from IX. Don't get me wrong, Dragon Quest IX is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had (especially because of the community on here), but this looks as though it feels so much more like Dragon Quest.

There's something about Dragon Quest's colourful graphics, sweeping music and slightly cheeky visual style/humour that grabs me more than anything else.

Seems a bit early for a launch trailer? Seemed a bit different from the previous trailer.

There's something about Dragon Quest's colourful graphics, sweeping music and slightly cheeky visual style/humour that grabs me more than anything else.

These are exactly the reasons why I will always like Dragon Quest over, say, Final Fantasy. DQ has some of my favorite monster designs as well, even something as simple as a Slime is better than most RPG enemies.

We could have an amazing year for Dragon Quest if SE/Nintendo actually bother getting the localisation out. Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest X, Dragon Quest Monsters, Rocket Slime 3.

These are exactly the reasons why I will always like Dragon Quest over, say, Final Fantasy. DQ has some of my favorite monster designs as well, even something as simple as a Slime is better than most RPG enemies.

Do you know what I mean about how IX lost some of the style? The gameplay was fantastic, but the tone didn't grab me and it didn't have any proper Puff Puff or Pat-a-cake jokes!

We could have an amazing year for Dragon Quest if SE/Nintendo actually bother getting the localisation out. Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest X, Dragon Quest Monsters, Rocket Slime 3.

I'm rather hopeful for Dragon Quest VII in Autumn (presumably published by Nintendo). I don't know when it's out on Japan, but it basically seems like it's ready to me.

Not exactly sure about the others, I'm afraid. Now what'd enthuse me even more than VII (and that's saying something) is the announcement of XI! :) Whether on 3DS, Wii U or whatever, I don't mind! As long as it can be played offline.

Also IX was a major step down from VIII. You don't lose just graphics when you go down in power...you lose a lot of the sense of immersion that came with a game like VIII.

Do you know what I mean about how IX lost some of the style? The gameplay was fantastic, but the tone didn't grab me and it didn't have any proper Puff Puff or Pat-a-cake jokes!

I felt the create your own Dragonball Z character weakened the main story a bit, they have to use the default design in official stuff and he really sticks out. Watch the opening intro to Monster Battle Victory Road and you'll see what I mean. Not that Dragon Quest always has the best story.

One of the best things about the Dragon Quest games are the non-hero party members. In II you had the Prince and Princess, the Zenith trilogy you had whole range of different characters. Not played VII but the cast look great.

VIII had Yangus, Jessica (and Angelo I suppose, not a huge fan of him though :P), and a great support cast with Trode, heck even the Hero's pet mouse (who's name I have forgotten). All who were also brilliantly voiced.

So basically, my problem with IX was the fairly uninteresting main party characters. You can project your own personality onto them, but it wasn't the same and we lost stuff like the party chat. That's where I felt the game lacked the most charm.

Even though III had the same rent-a-party-member it still had the main hero.

DQI hero was still great even on his own. :P

Puff-puff had a dedicated quest, but I felt the style were still there. I don't think graphics are a massive importance in DQ, but of course DQVIII does look lovely.

Still an amazing game though, thinking about picking it back up soon as well.

I don't know when it's out on Japan, but it basically seems like it's ready to me.

It's out in 3 weeks. :laughing:

Not exactly sure about the others, I'm afraid. Now what'd enthuse me even more than VII (and that's saying something) is the announcement of XI! :) Whether on 3DS, Wii U or whatever, I don't mind! As long as it can be played offline.

Watched some videos of DQX on Youtube and it looks really good, hopefully people will give it a chance, I know it's not too popular over here.

I'd love another story focused Dragon Quest though.

Edited by Ike

Yup, out in exactly 3 weeks. My pre-order is set at the 7 Eleven 2 minutes away from my apartment so I can pick it up at 7am on launch day, can't wait!

Tomorrow morning BEECHEZ! Get to collect my copy from 7am tomorrow morning at the 7 Eleven just a minute or two away from my apartment.

But.. I have failed in my mission to clear Bravely Default beforehand D:

Tomorrow morning BEECHEZ! Get to collect my copy from 7am tomorrow morning at the 7 Eleven just a minute or two away from my apartment.

Do you know what time the Japanese eShop updates? Midnight? So about 6 hours from now?

Do you know what time the Japanese eShop updates? Midnight? So about 6 hours from now?

Games usually go live at midnight for digital versions of games that are explicitly due to simultaneously be available. I haven't heard whether this will be the same for Dragon Quest VII, but I imagine it will go live at midnight, which is 3PM UK time.

I know they do for the EU store, just checking if it's the same for Japan. Should be up by the time I get home tonight. :D

Fully Orchestrated OST.

Fans of Dragon Quest’s music will be pleased, as the music for the 3DS edition will be fully orchestra recorded. Initially, Dragon Quest series producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto asked Dragon Quest composer, Koichi Sugiyama, if it’d be possible for him to do orchestrated work for the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VII. At first, Sugiyama thought it’d be a bad idea and that they should probably stick to the synthesizer as they did for the original version, mainly due to the uncertainty of whether the 3DS can produce the same sound quality from an orchestra.

After further convincing, Fujimoto was able to get Sugiyama to try it out. The maestro was able to extract the sounds of each and every instrument from the orchestra and perfectly adjust their sounds for the 3DS, to make a fully orchestrated OST something we’ll be enjoying in the near future.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/06/dragon-quest-vii-producer-pushed-for-the-orchestral-score/

Some comments regarding the Famitsu Review:

- Dragon Quest VII (9/9/8/9, 35 points out of 40

"The fact your characters' external appearance now changes with their job makes raising them much more fun," wrote editor Reona Ebihara. "The new orchestral soundtrack has a lot of depth to it; it matches well with the equally deep story and makes the entire package more charming."

Fellow reviewer Maria Yoshiike also brought up an improvement that old PS1 gamers should welcome: Square Enix has redone DQ7's intro and first dungeon, which was pretty drawn-out and boring in the original. "The puzzle bit at the start has been streamlined," she wrote, "making it a lot easier to get into the game. Managing your inventory and dealing with purchases and sales is still a bit annoying, but the rest of the interface works really well. The radar and other hints you get while searching for tablets leads to major improvements in terms of gameplay tempo, too."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/6/3958360/japan-review-check-dragon-quest-vii-ginga-force?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by -Dem0-

Wow fully orchestrated? :o That'll mean a 4GB card at least I'd imagine.

But then this:

extract the sounds of each and every instrument from the orchestra
makes it sounds like it'll be very good quality samples, with probably fully recorded orchestra for the Overture, ending and set-pieces. Maybe? Sounds smashing!

Sign in to follow this