NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Debug Mode

Dragon Quest VII - Remake for 3DS

Scans are floating around and I'm going through the usual Japanese stops to try and find said scan.

But apparently, this is confirmed.

EDIT: Scan

4d19b7d6.jpg

Now I'm slightly sceptical, as this is supposedly being released February 2013 if this scan is to be believed.

Edited by Retro_Link

That scan looks too good to be a fake and the game has been rumoured to be in development for ages (the original leak came over a year ago!)

I say it's real. It would've had plenty of time in development and was probably pushed back in order to not compete with DQX Wii.

Besides, even without that original leak, it was blatantly obvious that it would come to 3DS eventually - given that every previous DQ game has come to handhelds (and in order even!)

The big question however is whether or not it'll finally see a release in Europe for the first time ever...

Edited by Dcubed

Didn't expect a full 3D remake. Looks like it'll have battle system similar to VIII/IX going by the small screenshot on the bottom and with viewable equipment?

Now I'm slightly sceptical, as this is supposedly being released February 2013 if this scan is to be believed.

It's been rumoured for ages now so it's not that surprising, Japan usually gets a short announcement > release time anyway. Does seem a bit short for such a high profile game mind.

Man, I hope you guys are right D=

I know it's been rumoured for a while but 4 months? I'll be surprised!

Didn't expect a full 3D remake.

Gotta get that engine ready for the DQ8 and DQ9 remakes ;)

That being said, I still bet on DQ11 going on Wii U (or at least a Wii U/3DS multiplatform game)

Gotta get that engine ready for the DQ8 and DQ9 remakes ;)

That being said, I still bet on DQ11 going on Wii U (or at least a Wii U/3DS multiplatform game)

Holy fuck a portable version of 8 would be sweeeet

I await Grazza and his reaction. :D

I guess this was the rumoured seventh game that would be announced once a milestone was reached. Man that rumour was ages ago now.

Aww yeeaaah!

This one made my day. I haven't ever played Dragon Quest VII, for it wasn't released in Europe, but now there's a slight chance I might. Hopefully Nintendo still sees profit in Dragon Quest franchise and continues to push and market it outside Japan.

Here's something for this:

I await Grazza and his reaction. :D

Several leaps into the air and speedy circuits of the dining room!

If this is legitimate, I consider this to be the best 3DS announcement ever! DQ VIII was the first to be released in Europe, so I've always wanted to play this. And Dragon Quest is so immersive, it's the one series I prefer to be fully 3D, although the overhead-view games do have charm. I love them all, basically! The idea of exploring VII's world with a similar immersion to VIII's... :o

Let's hope they use this engine for remakes of I-III as well. And quite honestly, IV-VI wouldn't go amiss! Same goes for IX - what the heck, I'll spend 800 more hours on it! :laughing: I do love VIII most of all and would love to step into that world again on handheld, but I'm just a little bit doubtful ogf how much it'd shine on the lower-than-PS2 resolution 3DS.

Great news!

Several leaps into the air and speedy circuits of the dining room!

If this is legitimate, I consider this to be the best 3DS announcement ever! DQ VIII was the first to be released in Europe, so I've always wanted to play this. And Dragon Quest is so immersive, it's the one series I prefer to be fully 3D, although the overhead-view games do have charm. I love them all, basically! The idea of exploring VII's world with a similar immersion to VIII's... :o

Let's hope they use this engine for remakes of I-III as well. And quite honestly, IV-VI wouldn't go amiss! Same goes for IX - what the heck, I'll spend 800 more hours on it! :laughing: I do love VIII most of all and would love to step into that world again on handheld, but I'm just a little bit doubtful ogf how much it'd shine on the lower-than-PS2 resolution 3DS.

Great news!

Just think how vast that DQ8 landscape would look in 3D... :heart:

Just think how vast that DQ8 landscape would look in 3D... :heart:

Oh yeah, I forgot the 3DS did 3D (not being sarcastic).

Metal King Spear in 3D!!

Quite a bit of great stuff of the forum today, but I did a double take when I saw this. Thought the rumours were too good to be true :bouncy:

They only want 3 months advertisement? Maybe they mean an official announcement in February?

I'm really hoping this is true the 3DS needs a few more JRPG's. There's so much kanji in that scan though that I cant make much out (My Japanese is also pretty poor which doesn't help).

I wonder if this will have "visible clothes", like DQ IX (and a few in VIII)? The screenshot just shows the "proper" clothes, but I'd love to see some of the other iconic weapons/armour rendered in 3D.

They only want 3 months advertisement? Maybe they mean an official announcement in February?

I'm really hoping this is true the 3DS needs a few more JRPG's. There's so much kanji in that scan though that I cant make much out (My Japanese is also pretty poor which doesn't help).

Welcome to the forums! Ah, are you studying Japanese? Same here and with the same weakness in kanji heh.

Looking closely at the scan, and although it's in very low resolution, I can see '発売日2013年2月' which means "Sale date February 2013", so if it is correct, we're only 4 months away from a JP release

Welcome to the forums! Ah, are you studying Japanese? Same here and with the same weakness in kanji heh.

Looking closely at the scan, and although it's in very low resolution, I can see '発売日2013年2月' which means "Sale date February 2013", so if it is correct, we're only 4 months away from a JP release

Thank you! I have been lurking for some time and just decided to make an account. I have been studying (Japanese) for about 6 months now!

From "発売日2013年2月" I could only really read 2013, 2nd month/Febuary I'll have to try to remember the Kanji for はつばいび.

Edited by solfan

At first I was opposed to remaking I-III in 3D but then I started to think how interesting it would be, at least for the first game...

Just sounds like you want everything remade and released onto the 3DS, IV-VI + IX are already playable so probably won't happen, but a version of DQIX with online might be nice. :P

Nope, this is the announcement. The scan leaked a week early but the game is really set for Feb release, just how Japan roles. Not that Dragon Quest needs much advertising in Japan either.

Apparently has some new Street Pass features which is unsurprising, really.

Just sounds like you want everything remade and released onto the 3DS, IV-VI + IX are already playable so probably won't happen, but a version of DQIX with online might be nice. :P

Hehe, yeah, I just got a bit overexcited now they've established this (potentially great) new engine!

I-III would be very, very welcome, but I agree with your points about IV-VI. In all honesty, IX doesn't have an important enough story to warrant a remake as opposed to a sequel. Now that would be great! "Dragon Quest IX part 2", if you like, or just Dragon Quest XI. I think the latter is just as likely on the Wii U though.

Those screens look very nice. Terry's Wonderland looks great on the 3DS, so having a main-game remake is very exciting.

Although the other DQ games are still waiting for me...

So I take 3DS? Shame. Vita would lap this up.

Y'know, I actually agree with you here. If this came to Vita they could probably pull off another VIII style DQ.

Shame it's nearly as good as dead in Japan.

Who didn't see this coming, also being made by Artepiazza which is a given so the game is going to look a lot like DQV on the PS2.

Trying to make DQVII remade like that of DQVIII would have taken years and years to make, the game is just that huge.

Also this is pretty much the confirmation that Dragon Quest XI is well and truly destined for the 3DS

Also an old interview by a translator of the old DQVII on Playstation

And it's the biggest localization project in the history of video games. It's something like 70,000 pages of text, but in our offices we have these binders (holds up hands) that are this thick. Each one has two pages printed on it and we have 30 of those binders, full of text. We have about 20 translators and 5 copy editors.

So even if we get it, expect a looooooong wait.

Oh and MUSIC!!!! Truly DQVII had the best when it came to music

and also

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201210/31023590.html

> also orchestra sound from Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra will be used as the BGM this time

Edited by killer kirby

Wonderful news about the Symphonic arrangements being thrown in for good measure. ArtePiazza have much respect from me after playing the DS remakes and of course Opoona!

The insane amount of text has me worried though for a Euro release.

The insane amount of text has me worried though for a Euro release.

Coupled with the fact that less and less RPGs seem to be getting a western release these days, we may not get it at all. Saying that, I still expect this to make it over here, but probably not until late next year at the earliest.

DQ seems to sell well in Europe, better than in NA at any rate. I could see Nintendo publishing this if SE pass on it.

Sign in to follow this