NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Yvonne

NaNoWriMo 2012

I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. I'm not going from scratch exactly, more like I will be satisfied with making 50,000 words progress across my writing projects, with a particular focus on my comic.

I know @Animal is in, anyone else doing it?

It's taken me about about three months to write 8000 words of prose I'm happy with, granted I rewrote it three times, but there's no chance I think I'd ever want to take part in NaNoWriMo. I just can't write in that mindset.

I probably should. I am not blessed enough to have any projects - not had any writeable ideas for like 5 years anyway! Perhaps this'll be a kick-starter. I do anticipate that, if my willpower wins out, the first 3,000 words will be overcoming writer's block and, likely, a very self-aware text about a struggling author sitting in a dark room alone.

Aye it does look like a mountain. I usually write in that way Daft, but I'm trying that "allow yourself to write badly" method that some advocate. The whole thing gets edited heavily in 2nd draft anyway!

That would be cool if you joined Jay. I suggested to a friend who was somewhat into the idea that people could do a mini one, just 300 words a day, to get back into the habit

plateaued at 1, 10, 20, 50, 200, 400 and 800 words but kept going. About 2 hours later and 1162 words later, but hoorah! Nothing special, but words on a page, eh?

Good stuff Jay! I did 550 this morning, did a little plotting at lunch and gonna try hit the target when I get home tonight.

Sign in to follow this