NEurope
Retro_Link

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

(As someone not really into fighting games, outside of Smash Bros, and in the past a bit of MK)

... is Tekken popular/a good seller? Do the Japanese love it?

It's just ALOT of effort looks like it's been put into this for the Wii U version, and the visuals look good. I'd like to think it would sell well.

I believe it's very popular in arcades in Asia and going from Bamco's financials they have already shipped 800,000 copies since launch so it seems to have a decent fanbase. It's more popular than say Soul Caliber as I understand.

Wait, Paul also has a Mario costume? As funny as that hat looks on him, I am disappoint.

Also, there's plenty of game besides the Party modes, maybe they should've mentioned that.

Wait, Paul also has a Mario costume? As funny as that hat looks on him, I am disappoint.

Also, there's plenty of game besides the Party modes, maybe they should've mentioned that.

As seems to be the theme of wii u adverts, they don't show at all what the games have to offer. They seem to focus on the fun, simple side to each game... Weird.

Edited by dazzybee

Well Harada did say he was thinking about making this version more 'casual' to suit the "Nintendo userbase" but Nintendo talked him out of it. Namco probably think party style games appeal to people who buy Nintendo consoles. Plus they probably want to differentiate it from the 360/PS3 versions.

Giant Bomb are hopefully going to play Tekken any minute now on their live stream.
I was pretty impressed by the gameplay they showed on that. The mushroom mode is hilarious! :D

Tekken 3D: Prime Edition left a really bad taste in my mouth, so much so that I got rid of it. :nono: But this game is looking pretty sweet indeed, will definitely be keeping an eye on it now. :smile:

(As someone not really into fighting games, outside of Smash Bros, and in the past a bit of MK)

... is Tekken popular/a good seller? Do the Japanese love it?

It's just ALOT of effort looks like it's been put into this for the Wii U version, and the visuals look good. I'd like to think it would sell well.

Probably on par with Street Fighter

Tekken Tag 2 Review:

"It’s easy to recommend Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition as it’s the only fighting game out right now on Nintendo's new system, but Tekken is also franchise that’s cemented itself as a quality participant in the genre; this instalment is also bursting with content. There’s so much to do and so many characters to try that boredom will never be an issue. Add in the Wii U exclusive modes that will entertain series fans and newcomers alike, and you've got a title that any fighting game fan will need in their library." 8/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/tekken_tag_tournament_2

Considering that, amidst all of the praise, the only criticism seems to be the long loading times, I'm wondering what prompted them to give it just an 8.

Ah, doesn't matter. It just pains me that I won't be able to get this game for a while.

I decided to start this next and its such a blast. Everything runs really smoothly and the game looks lovely.

The last boss stage is amazing, with the level starting all peaceful before being plunged into darkness. The transition between light and dark has an effect on the music as well.

The music is another high point in the game, with many levels having upbeat dance tracks, that really get you in the fighting spirit.

There is plenty to unlock as well, with movies to get after beating the game with each character, of which there is a stupid amount.

*closes browser and continues to play while watching MOTD....hugs Wii U*

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'll be getting this soon enough, CoD is still taking up most of my game time and I need to get back to ZombiU too... and pick up Mario, but I sure want this! I love Tekken but haven't properly played it for a few years now!

I actually own the 360 and WiiU editions and i honestly didnt notice any issues with the game and usually im pretty nitpicky about things in my fighting games. Ive played it mostly in local multiplayer and in single player and i couldnt have told you the difference between the two versions without watching that video. Obviously offscreen play is a huge plus for the title and considering its a launch port, im really impressed.

I've been playing this for a couple of days now, and I'm absolutely loving it! :yay:

This game is incredible! And (as I mentioned on Miiverse) the perfect example of a port to Wii U done right. Not only does it run flawlessly at 60fps and feature all of the game modes/content from the other versions, but there's the additional GamePad options and Nintendo themed stuff too! :bouncy:

I'm already hooked on the customization aspect, and although the paint tool is pretty limited it's still loads of fun. :hehe:

Played a few online games too, not had any problems so far and it runs perfectly. icon14.gif

I also love how the Wii U Friend List keeps a history of all the people you've played against, giving you the option to add them, or just check out their Miiverse.

Another thing that I love is how completely mental some of the character endings are, and how they all use really different art styles. :cool:

Mokujin's ending was especially entertaining. :laughing:

So yeah, this game definitely gets a recommendation from me.

• Looks excellent
  • Plays excellent
  • Loads and loads of excellent content

EXCELLENT!! :D

Do you like the change that happens in the last level?
Yeah, I was really surprised by that :o...

...I was expecting Ogre to be the final boss.

It is cool how the final stage changes from a picturesque watercolour painting, to a horrible dark swamplike area though. The change she undergoes is awesome too. :awesome:

The music is also godly in this game.
Indeed, very cool. I'm even quite liking the Snoop Dogg track. :heh:

Does the Wii U version have exclusive music too? (other than the Mushroom Battle one). Because there's one track in particular which I can't seem to find anything about online, it's called Luxury Garden and I have it set as my main menu music via Tekken Tunes (another awesome feature ;)). It seems like this track wasn't used for any section of the game, I only discovered it by going into the Tekken Tunes menu. ::shrug:

Anyway, it's an awesome, upbeat funky track. Probably my favourite in the whole game. :bouncy:

Im thinking of getting this seeing its quite cheap. Im crap at fighting games though. Is this easy to master or am i going to have to rememer 30 button combos in order to pull off a decent move?

I've been playing this for a couple of days now, and I'm absolutely loving it! :yay:

This game is incredible! And (as I mentioned on Miiverse) the perfect example of a port to Wii U done right. Not only does it run flawlessly at 60fps and feature all of the game modes/content from the other versions, but there's the additional GamePad options and Nintendo themed stuff too! :bouncy:

I'm already hooked on the customization aspect, and although the paint tool is pretty limited it's still loads of fun. :hehe:

Played a few online games too, not had any problems so far and it runs perfectly. icon14.gif

I also love how the Wii U Friend List keeps a history of all the people you've played against, giving you the option to add them, or just check out their Miiverse.

Another thing that I love is how completely mental some of the character endings are, and how they all use really different art styles. :cool:

Mokujin's ending was especially entertaining. :laughing:

So yeah, this game definitely gets a recommendation from me.

• Looks excellent
  • Plays excellent
  • Loads and loads of excellent content

EXCELLENT!! :D

How do you find using the gamepad? I play all my fighting games with an arcade stick on 360 but dont really wanna get a stick for the Wii U yet until there are some more fighting games on the horizon. As someone who tends to really dislike playing fighting games without an arcade stick would you say I should just wait for now?