NEurope
ReZourceman

Extra Life 2012 - Save The Kiddies and Sponsor Us!

Good Afternoon all.

The time has come and Extra Life falls upon us again. This will be the second year I have participated as part of the NE team, but the third time that the other seasoned vets will be partaking. Even @flameboy now of Canadian fame will be trying to fit in as much as possible.

So far, it is safe to say that I (and we) don't have many sponsors! I currently have $6.00. Mike is doing a little better.

Anyway, if you would like to sponsor any of us, we would MASSIVELY appreciate it.

I am hosting this year, and so a lot of travelling is involved for all, and of course it is a pretty big challenge (although it might sound trivial to some, 24 hours of gaming is a lot. An unbearable amount as the day gets long!)

We will be streaming the event live (should be for full 24 hours, internet permitting) and there will be hourly updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as general updates at other needed times.

So please tune in, and please sponsor us!

NE Team Sponsorship Page

What's the date? I was telling my cousin about N-E's previous Extra Life things. There's a fair amount of donations accepted as part of the culture in these hills so we were thinking about doing it ourselves (not that his Dad would like it. One bit.)

And how strict were you about 24 hours - did you break for food or did you just eat convenient crap?

So you have to sponsor one person and not just the whole team? Who to choose?!

Being asked to sponsor ReZ to save children makes me feel like I'm being extorted.

I'll be donating as usual this year, a worthy cause indeed. Should be able to view much of the 24 hour stream, new fibre optic shizzle should be hitting shortly.

And how strict were you about 24 hours - did you break for food or did you just eat convenient crap?

I don't exactly know what the Extra Life rules were' date=' but we were as strict as I think is reasonable. If you go to the toilet, you take a DS or whatever, for example, and (last year) we had Dominos, and eat/played at same time.[/color']

Both times I have done it we stayed as strict as possible because were awesome! :D

And I believe Dominoes is on the cards again this year!! I'm just looking forward to having 'fun' in the house of Rez! :p

Oh and I noticed this on fb which I think everyone should take note! ;)

285731_10152206843125341_1379077467_n_zps20f7233a.jpg

I don't exactly know what the Extra Life rules were, but we were as strict as I think is reasonable. If you go to the toilet, you take a DS or whatever, for example, and (last year) we had Dominos, and eat/played at same time.

I can just imagine playing a 3DS or PSP whilst trying to order the Pizzas and trying to pay for them with one hand. Multitasking = Win!!!

I honestly don't know if I could play video games for 24 hours straight. I sometimes have trouble even keeping awake for that long. :heh: I assume it's not binding, though? It's merely a personal challenge rather than an actual requirement, is it not?

I honestly don't know if I could play video games for 24 hours straight.

I've done it before. It wasn't for charity, though. And it was one game: Burnout Paradise.

I'd like to do this one time. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure everyone I know wouldn't understand.

Is it that time of the year again already.

ReZ/or any of ye, if you have any pics left from last years event PM them over (or post here I guess if you want) and I'll stick up something on the front page this weekend.

If you can provide adequate footage of something which isn't a wall and/or your bags I may donate. Last year's camera work was dreadful.

24 hours of burnout?? surely everything looked like it was zooming at you from a tiny point in the distance for the rest of the week?!

If you can provide adequate footage of something which isn't a wall and/or your bags I may donate. Last year's camera work was dreadful.

It wasn't too bad, got a few shots of the TV and @Mike1988uk amongst other things.

I could game for 24 hours, just give me a crate of Monster calorie-free and a few Rustler burgers and i'm a happy chappie.

24 hours of burnout?? surely everything looked like it was zooming at you from a tiny point in the distance for the rest of the week?!

I get a strange tunnel vision effect when I've played Guitar Hero for just a couple of hours. :heh:

Oh man! The other one I got way back when is if I played more than maybe two hours of GTA I would hear sirens until I fell asleep.

What's the date? I was telling my cousin about N-E's previous Extra Life things. There's a fair amount of donations accepted as part of the culture in these hills so we were thinking about doing it ourselves (not that his Dad would like it. One bit.)

I honestly don't know if I could play video games for 24 hours straight. I sometimes have trouble even keeping awake for that long. :heh: I assume it's not binding' date=' though? It's merely a personal challenge rather than an actual requirement, is it not?[/quote']

It's not binding as such....but you are committed to doing it from a sponsorship point of view. The Extra Life people do encourage people to get innovative if they can't outright do 24 hours straight. For example the weekend after is make up weekend where you make up the extra hours you may have missed.

Personally I'm trying to convince a couple of my girlfriends mates boyfriends to do it with me because doing it at the in-laws place is not practical for a variety of reasons. She is away at a bridal shower all day Saturday though which helps. I am considering doing 3am-3am my time so I'm in sync with the UK team. Failing that I'm gonna attempt to do something like 30 hours across the 48 of the weekend instead to some what make up for the fact that it's not going to be all in one chunk.

ReZ/or any of ye, if you have any pics left from last years event PM them over (or post here I guess if you want) and I'll stick up something on the front page this weekend.

There are tons on facebook that we both took as the event went on :)

A lot of standard webcams are not really up to scratch when it comes actually streaming gameplay footage to an adequate level. Last year we used a HD (supposedly) Microsoft VoiceCam and we encountered all kinds of problems due to lighting levels in the room etc...so yes for the most part it was just tops of heads and TV's with the wall in background saying where to sponsor. When it's right it's awesome, the 1st year we had a Wii Sports face off and had people in the chat on here watching it and enjoying the ride.

You can of course get things like the Rovio Capture HD but they are pretty expensive and streaming HD footage all day severely impacts on online play. Online play has been an important part of getting involved with the NE community across both years so far. We've played Mario Kart with Mokong, DJ Hero with Cookyman and Uncharted against all sorts of people!

I'd certainly like the streams to be more a form of outright entertainment sure but its outweighing the actual costs to get equipment for a once a year thing, plus taking time away from gaming. Also as the hours rumble along it kind of gets forgotten about....such as when Rez broadcast his credit card details whilst ordering Dominos... We certainly had a lot of fun with people in the chat and having Q & A sessions etc...

It wasn't too bad, got a few shots of the TV and @Mike1988uk amongst other things.

I could game for 24 hours, just give me a crate of Monster calorie-free and a few Rustler burgers and i'm a happy chappie.

Monster is not the way forward...after about 18 hours of drinking nothing but them and coke I went to have one and it felt like acid at the back of my throat and then again as it hit the pit of my stomach.

Well, of course I'd like to see you do it, but honestly, as long as money goes to a good cause, you could sit around and paint your nails for all I care. :heh:

308454_10150876657690187_1892562717_n.jpg

As Flamey said, we each have an album, take a gander and pick if you want more, there are some....interesting ones. :p

there are some....interesting ones. :p

The homepage is a family-friendly site.

Not long for this now! We shall be meeting up at Rez's house on friday evening to 'set up' for the 8am start on saturday! :D

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

SPONSOR US

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

I won't be :(

Anyway as predicted I cannot account for having all of my weekend alone even though my fiancee is away at a bridal show. Such is the way when you live with in laws who need things doing when they say without question lol. So yeah my afternoon is out running errands and doing family shit...

So I plan to wake up at 8am my local time (I'm 5 hours behind GMT) and play until 2pm and then I have to do stuff and then come back to carry on.....

So if anyone wants to hit me up on multiplayer games drop me a PM a facebook message or via PSN and flameboyNE. Hoping my stop start nature doesn't prevent me from raising money.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=29597

So less than a day away, the UK team is about the assemble and I'm trying to find the hidden bunker in this house where I can played undisturbed!

Anyway just to let people know what they can enjoy seeing me play;

Bulletstorm

FIFA 13

Unfinished Swan

Ys Seven

Deus Ex

Uncharted 3 (multiplayer)

Killzone 3 (multiplayer)

Walking Dead Episode 4

Super Mario Land 1+2 (really want to replay these two)

I will be streaming as and when.

I have decided I will waking up on Saturday Morning and bash out as many hours as I can before I have to start to fit it around all the other junk I have to do! I expect to be ducking out for 2-3 hours in the afternoon of Saturday before settling back down for a long long night of gaming.

If you want to sponsor any of us please go here:

http://tinyurl.com/ne-extralifemonies