NEurope
markderoos

What launch games will you be picking?

Nintendoland premium package plus zombiu and nsmb2. Cannot wait.

Having seen the assassins creed thread though, not sure if I should get that. For once there are too many games.....

I currently have pre-ordered

NSMBU

Zombi U

Assassins Creed 3

Black Ops 2

Sonic and Sega Racing

I did have Rayman pre-ordered but that was cancelled because its not out until next year. If the 360 version of BLOPS2 is still the best version I'll switch pre-orders for that. I fully intend to get Lego Stories when its out and if its a good port I'll get Batman again. I might have to pick up an eshop card for some digital content.

I'm not sure Zavvi understands Pre-Orders:

Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi,

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

• ZombiU (Wii U)

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

lol

This will be the first Nintendo console that I can buy on launch day, so I'm pretty excited. Initially was planning to spend around £450 - £500, but might not be able to afford that much so my definite's are:

ZombiU (pack in)

NSMB U

Nintendo Land

If I have enough I'll go for Black Ops 2 and Fifa 13, which seems enough to keep me busy for a while.

Alright... I know most of you are near my age or older (I'm 25) so I really have to ask: why do you all mention "christmas" as a thing? Do you guys still get Xmas presents? oO

I'm unsure what to do... On the one hand, virtually everything is chipped here in China, which means you can't play online, but the games cost 50p. On the other hand, I want to play online, but I've no intention of paying $59 for a retail game through the post, or the inflated price it will be here on Taobao.

I'm unsure what to do... On the one hand, virtually everything is chipped here in China, which means you can't play online, but the games cost 50p. On the other hand, I want to play online, but I've no intention of paying $59 for a retail game through the post, or the inflated price it will be here on Taobao.

Buy 2, one chipped, one untouched. Only buy those games you deem to be worthy of online play at full price, everything else pay your 50p. I'm sure after buying 10 50p games the saving you've just made from buying them as retail products will pay for the WiiU itself. After another 10 games your laughing.

This opinion does not reflect the view of the management, which condones the use of piracy to the nth degree with brass knobs on it.

Buy 2, one chipped, one untouched. Only buy those games you deem to be worthy of online play at full price, everything else pay your 50p. I'm sure after buying 10 50p games the saving you've just made from buying them as retail products will pay for the WiiU itself. After another 10 games your laughing.

This opinion does not reflect the view of the management, which condones the use of piracy to the nth degree with brass knobs on it.

YOU SIR! Appear to be in Taiwan. What are the prices like there?

To be honest, I'm not sure if I can be bothered with getting two, it's a lot of expense and hassle.

Also, the shop where I buy the stuff is only nice to me when the lady is there. The man hates me. Because I personally burned down the Summer Palace.*

*Actually, certain members of the British Army over 150 years ago burned the Summer Palace. But the Chinese are not a nation to ever let fact get in the way of blaming people for everything. Interestingly enough, they never mention the 20+ million who were starved to death through the incompetence of the Party in the early 50s.

Alright... I know most of you are near my age or older (I'm 25) so I really have to ask: why do you all mention "christmas" as a thing? Do you guys still get Xmas presents? oO

I'm 33 and still get Christmas Presents from my Mum and Dad... and here's the bonus bit... from my mother and father-in-law, and grandma-in-law!!

Granted they aren't the value as when I was young but a few Amazon Vouchers here and there easily pays for stuff I want! :)

Win-win-win!! :bouncy:

Err yeah Christmas isn't just for kids....

not that i get mountains of presents like when i was a kid (i wish) but i still get a couple of presents, my parents typically spend £200 on me at christmas and i typically spend the same on them

Yeah, Christmas is still a thing for me. The most important thing is stuffing myself silly, the presents are secondary to that.

However, don't confuse presents and stuffing me silly - a present that I can stuff myself silly with is not a present, it's a cop out and and you know it.

I'll be getting my sister Just Dance 4 for her present. She's 11.

Edited by Iun

I'm 33 and still get Christmas Presents from my Mum and Dad... and here's the bonus bit... from my mother and father-in-law, and grandma-in-law!!

Granted they aren't the value as when I was young but a few Amazon Vouchers here and there easily pays for stuff I want! :)

Win-win-win!! :bouncy:

You motherfucker. :(

(I mean that in a good way)

Err yeah Christmas isn't just for kids....

not that i get mountains of presents like when i was a kid (i wish) but i still get a couple of presents, my parents typically spend £200 on me at christmas and i typically spend the same on them

Damn. :S I guess it's more a sign of how hard life is over here when compared to the G8 than any other thing really, but presents kinda disappear after a certain age, over here. They remain, but are token presents (chocolates and that kind of thing)

YOU SIR! Appear to be in Taiwan. What are the prices like there?

To be honest, I'm not sure if I can be bothered with getting two, it's a lot of expense and hassle.

Yeah, moved to Taiwan over 6 years ago. Prices are similar to UK, but you can only buy Japanese imports, which then tends to bump the price up a bit. When the Wii came out in the UK, I bought a Japanese import from a retailer here for a reasonable price, but just like in China they chip it here as part of the service, and then games are dirt cheap. It took 3 years after the launch before they released a Chinese Wii here. Are you buying Japanese consoles?

This time, though, I want a legit console, with English menus. I can't imagine playing CoD with all the those customisation options in Japanese again. So, I'm exporting from UK to Taiwan, and The Hut.com deliver games to Taiwan for 0.99p, bargain. So, I've stopped my piracy days and am going straight. Bought a UK 3DS, too and shipped that over here.

Black console + nintendoland ( i hope it comes in a proper case and not a stupid card one )

ZomieU

Mario

Sega Sonic racing (£29.99 at amazon)

official screen protector kit

i may get asassins creed 3 , darksiders 2 for christmas

how much are the controller pros going to be on their own ?

Yeah, moved to Taiwan over 6 years ago. Prices are similar to UK, but you can only buy Japanese imports, which then tends to bump the price up a bit. When the Wii came out in the UK, I bought a Japanese import from a retailer here for a reasonable price, but just like in China they chip it here as part of the service, and then games are dirt cheap. It took 3 years after the launch before they released a Chinese Wii here. Are you buying Japanese consoles?

This time, though, I want a legit console, with English menus. I can't imagine playing CoD with all the those customisation options in Japanese again. So, I'm exporting from UK to Taiwan, and The Hut.com deliver games to Taiwan for 0.99p, bargain. So, I've stopped my piracy days and am going straight. Bought a UK 3DS, too and shipped that over here.

My Wii is Japanese, but an update I got about 2 years ago rendered all the menus in English - it wasn't too hard trying to figure out the "yes/no" options anyway, but it was nice to get everything else in English as well. All the copied games are in English as well.

My 360 came from HK so English was standard.

If I buy a Wii U, it'll be just Nintendoland and ZombiiU for started.

how much are the controller pros going to be on their own ?

Saw them for 32.99 at various online retailers

virtually everything is chipped here in China

Yeah, moved to Taiwan over 6 years ago. Prices are similar to UK, but you can only buy Japanese imports, which then tends to bump the price up a bit. When the Wii came out in the UK, I bought a Japanese import from a retailer here for a reasonable price, but just like in China they chip it here as part of the service, and then games are dirt cheap.

I did not know piracy is that wide spread. Is that the sole reason we only see news on release dates and sales numbers for gaming hardware and games in Japan, North America, and Europe + Australasia?

I did not know piracy is that wide spread. Is that the sole reason we only see news on release dates and sales numbers for gaming hardware and games in Japan, North America, and Europe + Australasia?

Probably. I used to go into the equivalent of GAME here, and they would have 6 Wii consoles sitting on the customer service desk, all opened and chipping them there and then, completely open for everyone to see. Then, the night markets sell the pirated games, DVDs, etc. openly also for about 50p each. No-one bats an eyelid, it's just the way it's done here.

The simple answer is yes, the complicated answer is to do with GDP, disposable income and viability of product within the territory.

The average salary in Shanghai is about £400 per month, over approximately half of which goes on rent, bills, food and travel -that's a generous estimate. The remainder has to cover absolutely everything else - savings, sending/giving money to family, clothes... Doesn't leave a great deal of room for disposable income.

Furthermore, North America (USA & Canada), Europe and Japan essentially make up the majority of what is considered to be the developed world: statistics here are more reliable, sales figures more accurate and income better suited to the purchase of luxury items.

So far I have the following pre-ordered:

Nintendo Land (bundled)

New Super Mario Bros U

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

ZombiU

I'm also considering getting later on Rayman Legends, Epic Mickey 2, Batman Arkham City AE, Assassins Creed 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Lego City Stories. I've never wanted so many games in a launch window before :o

Same here! I've got the same games on preorder, so let me tell you, sir, you have an impeccable taste in games. ;) It's nice and varied. Batman is Kickass as always, but I already own another version. If you haven't: can't recommend it enough!

a