NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct EU (04/10/12)

Am actually seeing complaints that there are too many Nintendo Directs -_-

and you're surprised about that?

Understandable. These things just have more impact when they aggregate news for a month or so. When you start doing one every week because you want to announce 3 extra coin rush maps for NSMB2, they lose some of that impact.

Although I guess, they're still better than reading the wall of text you get with the usual press release.

Well these mini ones aren't exactly huge reveals. The main ones are still months apart

Oh BTW, no surprise but the retail re-releases coming to the eShop in Japan are selling at their original RRP...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/dlsoft/index.html

This EU Nintendo Direct had better herald the release of those DD download cards in retail stores over here, it's absolutely infuriating to see NOE and NOA squander the potential of this model!

Oh BTW, no surprise but the retail re-releases coming to the eShop in Japan are selling at their original RRP...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/dlsoft/index.html

This EU Nintendo Direct had better herald the release of those DD download cards in retail stores over here, it's absolutely infuriating to see NOE and NOA squander the potential of this model!

Nintendo have to keep the games at RRP on their stores else the retailers will stop stocking Nintendo products :/

Nintendo have to keep the games at RRP on their stores else the retailers will stop stocking Nintendo products :/

They could've dropped the RRP on some of those games that have been out for over a year now (looking at you Pilotwings Resort)

But as I mentioned, I expected this. They're not gonna undercut retailers (watch all the major sites get outraged at the prospect of RRP pricing for the older games though...)

Edit: Just realised that Nintendogs & Cats is missing too... Strange... (especially seeing as it already has a demo on the eShop in all regions :confused:)

Edited by Dcubed

This EU Nintendo Direct had better herald the release of those DD download cards in retail stores over here,

This is what I'm hoping for most out of this ND actually. Not that I expect retailers to really drop the prices of Mario Kart & co. compared to the physical copies, but it's an interesting concept and I want to see how it plays out.

GBA games? yes please!

please launch them with some classics like ALttP and some of the Mario advance games......

Not from me, more please, more. It's fast approaching the biggest buying season for computer games. It only makes sense that every games company will be pushing hard for those extra sales, so bring on them Directs, I expect more to come for the WiiU soon.

Not from me, more please, more. It's fast approaching the biggest buying season for computer games. It only makes sense that every games company will be pushing hard for those extra sales, so bring on them Directs, I expect more to come for the WiiU soon.

Yeah, I'm expecting at least one more for the Wii U, as we still no next to nothing about it's online setup.

There probably are too many Nintendo directs; especially considering a dedicated 3DS one when all the actual 3DS games we want aren't going to be here any time soon. If they decide to shock me with a this year Sticker Star release, I will buy an extra copy and give it away to someone for free.

Keep the Nintendo Directs coming I say. I thought having one for the NSMB2 DLC was a bit unnecessary but at least it was a mini one. Better than a boring old Press Release at least.

Hoping they show some Denpa Men and announce it's available straight away with the eShop being down for maintenance as well as a last minute surprise :).

Seriously though, they're better than not having any reveals and they're certainly better than generic press releases

Is it an Nintendo Direct mini or a full Nintendo Direct???

This is a full one

Hopefully they'll tell us we're going to get DWM 3DS early next year too...*wishful thinking*

I have a theory that for each of Nintendo's famous, controversial innovations, there is a smaller, better one. Nintendo Direct is one of the latter. They know how much we like conferences, but also how frustrating the waits are. That's the good thing about Nintendo Direct - you find out about them a few days before they're on. It's great if you can watch them, but you're not too bothered if you can't. We keep hearing that E3 is not really for avid gamers any more (whether that's true I'm not sure), so Nintendo Direct is the chance to tell us things that we care about, but might seem small and insignificant to the wider press.

Hopefully tonight won't prove me wrong!

No way! There's too many of the sodding things!

I don't want them to announce anything else. I'd prefer to not know about all the new exciting things coming out and their release dates!

Ignorance is bliss :)

I'm relieved that Paper Mario is coming out this year, but the fact that Animal Crossing wasn't mentioned when they talked first half of 2013 release dates doesn't look good..