NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

The Cartoon Thread

I love my weekend cartoons and ever since I was a kid watching Transformers, Thundercats and the wonderful times that were 80s kids tv, I've never been able to kick the habit.

So... whatcu watchin'? What are your favourite ghosts of 'toons past? Funny gif and clips welcomes :yay:

Currently underway at the moment for me are:

green-lantern-animated-series-630x2503.jpg

Oh yeah! Don't knock this cos of the crap movie. This is excellent and is happy to play around in the area of more complex emotions with some classic villains involved. Also features possibly the biggest green lantern in the galaxy and he's awesome. Give it a whirl!

original.png

Fantastic show that never stops making me laugh. I've got lots to catch up on but I like just watching a 10 min episode with my breakfast. It makes everyday feel like Saturday morning :-)

Young_Justice_TV_series.PNG

Moody, shouty, hormonal and completely exploding all over your living room with tons of action. The story gets really thrown around especially after season 1 where season 2 starts with a complete mind fuck. It's given me a chance to get to know some of the more minor characters in the DC universe but honestly, most of the villains still suck balls. I enjoy it for the action mostly and the toon girls in their very tight outfits :geek:

Bit out of left field and considering it's sibling show is Ben10 my recommendation of the week is definitely this:

Generator_Rex_Wallpaper_by_inusainar.jpg

Generator Rex!

This show is tons of fun and the action literally never stops. It's totally the calibre of show that I grew up with in terms of animation and characters, despite the sense of humor which is usually hammy on purpose.

For those of you who give it a go, keep in for the long haul because it does have a full story arc with an awesome (if slightly inconsistent) ending.

As I recently posted in the TV thread, I stumbled upon a completely new cartoon called Gravity Falls last Saturday and watched all (then) 10 episodes in one night. What initially attracted me was the X-Files-like mystery/conspiracy vibes I got from the intro (which is what I initially stumbled upon), and they seem to be dropping lots of clues to a larger storyarc in the making. The show is very funny and clever and has very good writing, especially in the two main characters. I highly recommend it.

Of other current cartoons I watch My Little Pony: Friendships Is Magic, which is also a clever, well-written show with lots of humour, and I've been interested in checking out Adventure Time.

There are plenty of old cartoons I love, but one I recall in particular at present is ReBoot, the first ever completely computer-animated TV series. It's great, and you should all check it out.

For me, Phineas and Furb and Recess are the cartoons I watch every morning. I want to get some new cartoons to watch and I think Gravity Falls shall be making an appearance in my mornings very soon.

Anyone seen any of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Nickelodeon?

tmntnick1.png

I'm not sure if I want to try watching it or not, my childhood feels offended.

15411153.jpg

The animation looks pretty cheap to me. I see this advertised everywhere on telephone boxes and I'm not sure whether I want to try it or not.

I really liked this look

tumblr_ma0mg5VCeq1qhi1se.jpg

Although I didn't watch any of the series when it was that style

Turtles was actually pretty ok. They've managed to separate how they look a bit more this time and there's lots of anime time expressions going on. I like the design but the animation of TMNT better.

I watched the first episode of the new series of Thundercats on the weekend. Thought it was pretty good. I really like the new design for Snarf.

This got cancelled already though hasn't it? After 1 season?

Also watched the first episode of Gravity Falls...It's actually really rather funny / good. I'll be sure to watch the rest of them.

Couldn't find the new turtles online anywere yet.

I watched the first episode of the new series of Thundercats on the weekend. Thought it was pretty good. I really like the new design for Snarf.

Snarfachu? He's genuine comedy gold frequently throughout. Watch out for the episode where they break into the tower of omens (it think that's it... it's behind a waterfall!) and they trigger a trap above a pit of spikes.

Snarf's - Face - Is - Priceless

I watched my first ever episode of 'Regular Show' yesterday. Actually alot funnier than I'd expected it to be. Passed my lunch break!

So many cartoons and TV to watch... to little time.. First World problems and all that.

Sign in to follow this