NEurope
Cube

N-Europe's Top 50 Wii Games: The Results [NUMBERS 10-1!!]

Ohhhhh, did they later make sports resort a bundle package? I know at some point motionplus became standard, didn't know sports resort did too. What happened to regular wii sports?

The two games got bundled together with the console, then finally in 2011, they removed both games from the bundle and sold them seperately (you can now buy Wii Sports solus seperately from the console as part of the Nintendo Selects range)

I recall sweating my ass off trying to beat the best players in Table Tennis in Wii Sports Resorts.

Damn, how the difficulty ramped up suddenly!

15 minutes to just gain 1 point, damn that shit was tough!

It's a bit more of a forgettable experience when compared to the original.

But it's the superior game. WSR everything Wii Sports is and more. If WSR had been packaged with the Wii instead of the original people would be gushing even more. Nostalgia and the intangible quality of having a bigger impact is what got Wii Sports so high on the list IMO.

But it's the superior game. WSR everything Wii Sports is and more. If WSR had been packaged with the Wii instead of the original people would be gushing even more. Nostalgia and the intangible quality of having a bigger impact is what got Wii Sports so high on the list IMO.

This. Add to that more people played the original than WSR, so more votes. It's the same story with Metroid Prime 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy. The former has a million more sales than the latter. That's why Prime placed higher even though Trilogy is clearly the better game.

Edited by Wii

I loved Wii Sports, I though WSR was OK, but never felt the need to buy the game, as Wii Sports had everything I wanted.

A game's success is based on critical and commercial performance. In the long term it may also be judged on it's impact on the industry.

WSR was more critically acclaimed than WS, but was not as successful in terms of sales and the impact that Wii Sports had was probably bigger than any other game this generation on any system.

I guess it all depends on how games are judged in this top 50. Impact on the industry > quality it seems.

I guess it all depends on how games are judged in this top 50. Impact on the industry > quality it seems.

They weren't really "judged" - they were voted for.

You know I just remembered The Conduit. Sure it had its problems but I sank 100's of hours into it. High Voltage were one of the few companies to try and push the Wii. Surely that deserved a place in the top 50?

Right, this is getting ridiculous.

I had issues with the way the list was compiled. I messaged @Cube about it, then posted an alternative way of compiling the list. My big problem was with the way Metroid was dealt with - simply because I feel strongly that Trilogy and Corruption should be one entry.

However, bitching about games that people voted for is another thing altogether. If someone enjoyed Little King's Story more than Black Ops, or loved Wii Sports more than Donkey Kong Country Returns - then that's their choice. It might not be what I liked, but it's just as valid.

People need to stop crying over the fact someone else enjoys a game they don't, it's childish. This is an N-E list, representative of N-E as a whole, not one person!

Right, this is getting ridiculous.

I had issues with the way the list was compiled. I messaged @Cube about it, then posted an alternative way of compiling the list. My big problem was with the way Metroid was dealt with - simply because I feel strongly that Trilogy and Corruption should be one entry.

However, bitching about games that people voted for is another thing altogether. If someone enjoyed Little King's Story more than Black Ops, or loved Wii Sports more than Donkey Kong Country Returns - then that's their choice. It might not be what I liked, but it's just as valid.

People need to stop crying over the fact someone else enjoys a game they don't, it's childish. This is an N-E list, representative of N-E as a whole, not one person!

I'd agree with you Zechs if it wasn't for this...

...The Conduit... Surely that deserved a place in the top 50?

God no! Just... god no!

(@Wii everyone knows of my hatred for The Conduit and HVS, I'm not just specifically picking out a quote from you, just so you don't think I'm being a git... even though I usually am, haha)

God no! Just... god no!

(@Wii everyone knows of my hatred for The Conduit and HVS, I'm not just specifically picking out a quote from you, just so you don't think I'm being a git... even though I usually am, haha)

I'm not saying that it should be there, I forgot totally about it, I wonder did others? It had its own clan, good games were had. They did try harder than others at the time. Online, voice chat, good controls and tried to get better graphics than PS2 level. Yes it was generic and there's no comparison between this and say Black Ops but maybe it helped force other developers to raise their game.

I think it's a game a fair few people liked, but not quite enough for their top 10.

God no! Just... god no!

( everyone knows of my hatred for The Conduit and HVS, I'm not just specifically picking out a quote from you, just so you don't think I'm being a git... even though I usually am, haha)

iblQjNeiiBzLrI.gif

You know you really want to shoot aliens with the Presidents of the United States. I know you do!