NEurope
Cube

N-Europe's Top 50 Wii Games: The Results [NUMBERS 10-1!!]

My appoligies, that he did. A big thanks to @Hellfire too.#And @Iun @D_prOdigy and @Josh64 had a hand in there too... there I think that all

(I'll seriously facepalm if I missed someone still...I'm sorry :()

I seem to remember I did some stuff too to lighten your load *wink*

Hmm, it's strange, but 20-11 probably contains more of my favourite games in comparison to 10-1. ExciteTruck destroys Mario Kart in terms of racing ability, although the latter has the crucial online mode, I guess.

Other M and The Prime Trilogy are also very strong. Can't help but feel meh about Xenoblade finishing below Skyward Sword. Even for a huge Zelda nut like me, I have to admit that Xenoblade is a work of art, whereas Skyward was quite a disappointment in many respects.

But, that's why these lists are so fun. They get everyone talking, they stir up emotions and so forth. In 10 years time, I think the Top10 at least will look very different.

My appoligies, that he did. A big thanks to @Hellfire too.#And @Iun @D_prOdigy and @Josh64 had a hand in there too... there I think that all

(I'll seriously facepalm if I missed someone still...I'm sorry :()

I seem to remember I did some stuff too to lighten your load *wink*

It's all good :) Good work everyone!

Re-ranking my original choices with this list(i rated 17 in my original post);

12. Mario Party 9 - not ranked

9. Boom Blox/Bash Party - 50!

17. Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock - 41!

7. Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dreamland -38!

10. Strikers Charged -29!

15. Kirby's Epic Yarn -26!

13. New Super Mario Bros Wii -22

11. No More Heroes - 20!

8. Excite Truck - 14!

3. Little King's Story - 11!

16. Mario Kart Wii - 10!

14. Wii Sports - 9!

5. Twilight Princess -6!

2. Smash Bros Brawl -5!

1. Xenoblade Chronicles - FOUR! PAH!

4. Skyward Sword - 2?

6. Super Mario Galaxy -1

Tbh it just makes me realise how much of the wii's offerings I never actually got around to playing :(

So many games deserve to be on this list instead of some of the muck that instead stinks up this list. I'm looking at you "Wii Music". Words fail to describe how awful this is. I checked back over the votes because I wanted to see who voted for this miscarriage. 3 people voted this in their top 10. @Dcubed , @RedShell and @Josh64. It was voted 8th, 3rd and 6th best respectively and that got it a place at 33. 33?

It doesn't belong on any list, maybe the top 50 worst games. It was shite. It's only redeeming feature was that it was passable as a multiplayer game, if even. Awful songs of what limited choice there was. I've only ever sold 2 Wii games and this was 1 of them. I never sell games so it takes a lot for that to happen. It has a metacritic score of 63%, take out the Nintendo biased reviews and it would be far worse. If any other developer created this monster it would have been universally lambasted. Even in it's little blurb on this list, it doesn't say what's great about it, it tries to defend itself against the hate it rightfully deserves.

Good games like De Blob, Red Steel 2, A Boy and his Blob, Tiger Woods, PES and others don't make the list but this abomination does? Sad!

I said Wii Sports didn't deserve to be placed so high, I looked at my votes, I voted it in at number 8. Silly me. What was I thinking? In terms of impact it's probably number 1 but 8th best game? No way! It is a tech demo, that is all. Look at the golf game, 9 holes, 1 course, no depth of gameplay, basic graphics. The same can be said of all the sports bar Wii bowling. Wii Tennis, you don't even move your character.

Everyone probably has a game that they think is terrible in the top 50. One game I think is downright awful is in the top 10.

Some people liked Wii Music. It seems that people who it a lot of effort into it got a lot out of it.

I still can't believe Skyward Sword made it this high.

The Mario Galaxy games are full of ingenuities, but Skyward Sword really had nothing new and exciting going for it if you'd ask me. Way too much handholding and linear. Some areas were downright amazing though, but the entire experience didn't feel adventurish to me. It was just A -> B -> A -> C -> A -> D -> ...etc.

How I wish we'd get some kind of Zelda in the spirit of the very first Legend of Zelda. Not too vague, mind you, but at least a new and fresh sense of 'What the fuck is going on?, who am I?, where am I what should I do?'. Learning your purpose along the way instead of having it laid out of you early on.

There we are, some fresh Zelda talk to lighten up this thread :D

Everyone probably has a game that they think is terrible in the top 50. One game I think is downright awful is in the top 10.

What game was that? It should be Skyward Sword but I know it's not. I know it's from either Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Monster Hunter 3 or Xenoblade. So it has to be either Wii Sports or Mario Kart. If you choose one of the others, then sorry, fail.

@Wii can you please let things go and accept that other people have different taste in what they like and enjoy about game than you do and respect that.

This countdown isn't here to prove you right or wrong, it is not a compliation of any one persons top games but a compliation of many peoples top games.

Yes there are other good games that didn't make the list but that should only go to show further how much content the Wii had when people kept saying it had no good games. The reason some games didn't make the list is obvious, they didn't get enough votes. Those games (if played by others) just didn't hit the right marks for some people to make into their top 10 votes.

You bitching about X game made it I hate that game is pointless...that is YOU'RE OPINION. But NOT the OPINION of the people that voted for that/those games.

You harp on about games like Tiger Woods, well I never liked any of those games, Golf sims never hit the spot for me...yet I LOVED Golf in Wii Sports...you say Wii Sports has "basic graphics" like a negetive but that is not what that game was about. It was about easy of play and enjoyment of play. And many people obviously enjoyed playing Wii Sports over TW and PES even if they played those.

But even then people were only gonna vote for games that they PLAYED.... voting for a game you haven't played yet as one of your Top 10 would be silly...and yes I am aware you're number 10 game on your list you hadn't played yet. I never got the chance to play A Boy and His Blob, Muramasa, Sin & Punishment 2, DKCR and others. I can tell from looking at them they would be good games that would have a good chance of making my top 10 had I played them but I didn't and I'm not going to vote for something I've not played because I "think" it would make my top 10 when it would also have equal chance of not making my top 10.

You are not even debating right now but forcing you're OPINIONS as if they were fact like you had done previously in other threads that we had words about.

Wii Sports is a good game. Out of the rest I either haven't played (DKCR, Xenoblade) or didn't like (Monstar Hunter, Mario Kart).

Monster Hunter simply isn't my kind of game so I don't think it's a bad game. Mario Kart Wii I absolutely hate. Still, it's clear that plenty of people liked it.

I know it's just my OPINION and my OPINION isn't fact. It's just discussion and promoting other games that didn't make it. People can take it or leave it.

Definitely agree more votes would have helped. I meant to say that before. I think changing from the top 25 to top 50 caused this. I know I would have voted for some of the omitted games I listed above if I had more votes.

Edit: I'm forcing my opinion? How is that even possible? I can't force anybody to my way of thinking nor do I want to.

Re: Little Kings Story. It was only 1 game, my last vote and it was to help promote a game I know I'll like. I said I didn't play it yet. Other people could have done likewise if they so felt. I take your point though.

@Cube I too see why others voted Mario Kart in. It wasn't bad but it was too much of a lottery. Noobs had as good a chance of winning. That and voice chat was a glaring omission.

Edited by Wii

@Wii I think the problem is that when you express your opinion it comes across as spouting vitriol. Saying things like "I've checked up on who's responsible for voting for this shite and it was X, Y and Z" sounds like a deliberate invective against those posters. Can't you see the way you express yourself is less than respectful? If you were less belligerent there wouldn't be an issue.

@Wii I think the problem is that when you express your opinion it comes across as spouting vitriol. Saying things like "I've checked up on who's responsible for voting for this shite and it was X, Y and Z" sounds like a deliberate invective against those posters. Can't you see the way you express yourself is less than respectful? If you were less belligerent there wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah I know it's a little strong but I say it as I see it. I gave the names and numbers to show I wasn't bullshitting and if they see fit, they can defend their vote. I said the game is shite, I'm not attacking them personally. I apologise but as I say it's nothing personal and it's just a bit of craic.

Yeah I know it's a little strong but I say it as I see it. I gave the names and numbers to show I wasn't bullshitting and if they see fit, they can defend their vote. I said the game is shite, I'm not attacking them personally. I apologise but as I say it's nothing personal and it's just a bit of craic.

That's the thing though they don't need to and shouldn't need to defend their vote. Their vote is their vote. The act of voting in and of itself says all they need to say.... ie: they liked and enjoyed the game so much they got hours of play from it and it in their opinion was in their top 10 games. Any extra (optional) comment any may have added with their vote is just a bonus.

This isn't a debate, it is a vote (but not an election) you cannot try to debate game X is better than game Y when it is all based on opinion and experience. You could within your own top 10 yes but not in comparision between 2 different peoples opinions of their top 10 choices.

even if any one who voted for a game replied and tried to tell you why they enjoyed a game over one of the games you feel should be in the list instead, the way you've been posting I bet you'd just say they were wrong and that they "fail"

Edited by Mokong

Fair enough. I do believe it's better to give your full unvarnished views than pretend otherwise. As long as it doesn't get personal or deliberately inflammatory then all is well. I had an idea you didn't quite mean it to come across that way.

As for Wii Music, I never got round to it myself. What I saw of it didn't look too appealing, but I've had to think twice since reading the advocacy of some of the folk here whose opinions I respect highly. If it had some sort of simple composing tool like Mario Paint then I'd have been right on board. I'd love them to have another stab at it on the Wii U. :)

These reviews are from metacritic:

50. BOOM BLOX Bash Party 86%

49. The Beatles rock band 89%

48. The Last Story 80%

47. Beat The Beat: Rhythm Paradise 83%

46. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves 83%

45. Punch-Out!! 86%

44. Rabbids Go Home 78%

43. Opoona 65%

42. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn 78%

41. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock 86%

40. Disaster: Day of Crisis 69%

39. Sonic Colours 78%

38. Kirby's Adventure Wii 77%

37. Super Paper Mario 86%

36. Wario Land: The Shake Dimension 78%

35. Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City 73%

34. Dead Space: Extraction 82%

33. Wii Music 63%

32. World of Goo 90%

31. Sin & Punishment 2 87%

30. Rayman Origins 92%

I don't believe I need to go any further as I'm fairly confident every title after this will have higher reviews than 63%. So out of all those titles from all the critic reviews around the world, Wii Music reviewed the worst. It's a bad game and doesn't belong on the list in my opinion.

@Wii Well that's true, a game with such a low combined score must have something fundamentally wrong with it. Still, doesn't mean it can't be fun despite that...

Well, like Opoona, also very low-scoring; I recognise it has certain flaws, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the games I enjoyed most on the Wii (against a lot of stiff competition!). Sometimes games can be perfect in spite of their imperfections. And who actually cares about metacritic?

Well, like Opoona, also very low-scoring; I recognise it has certain flaws, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the games I enjoyed most on the Wii (against a lot of stiff competition!). Sometimes games can be perfect in spite of their imperfections. And who actually cares about metacritic?

I for one and a lot of other people care too. It gives the average of all the scores for a game from all the sites and publications across the globe. It's a fair reflection of a games quality and balances out high and low reviews.

@Wii this isn't about review scores this is about this is about each individuals enjoyment of the games they played and for some they really really liked Wii Music.

You want to argue based on Review scores? You say Skyward Sword shouldn't be so high (you prolly think it shouldn't be on the list either) yet it's average score on the same site is 93%... so obviously there's a lot of people who don't agree with you on how good/bad that game is either.

We aren't ranking games based on their review scores, reviews are not the end all and be all of a games judgement. Even an averaging of scores.

There have been a few games that I played that got low scores yet I still enjoyed them.

We are ranking games based on what the members of this forum felt were their best games they played on the Wii.

If some people really enjoyed Wii Music or any other game I am not gonna argue with that. If enough people enjoyed it that it made the Top 50, then that is that... is it not a debate it was a vote.

You trying to prove it was a "bad" game isn't going to change anything. Those people will not change their opinion on the game and we are not going to alter the feature on the mainsite just cause you or anyone else might not agree with how it turned out.

So for the last time please drop it and move on or infractions will be issued

That in your opinion it may be a bad game is valid enough, but this constant trying to prove it or forcing the point is what is making you come off in a poor light. As others have said how you are trying to get your point across is not the best way of conducting (pun fully intended) yourself. As if all you are trying to do is start arguments and cause discourse

Edited by Mokong

I for one and a lot of other people care too. It gives the average of all the scores for a game from all the sites and publications across the globe. It's a fair reflection of a games quality and balances out high and low reviews.

I find these days that the consensus view of what constitutes 'quality' isn't always a good indicator for whether I'll enjoy it or not, let alone love it. Of course it's very handy to read a good, detailed account of the games strengths, flaws etc, but I really find review scores a bit of a quaint idea. Film reviews are even more suspect.

Does this mean you concede that your opinion of Skyward Sword as worthless trash is very likely wrong because its metacritic score is 93%? ;)

@Wii this isn't about review scores this is about this is about each individuals enjoyment of the games they played and for some they really really liked Wii Music.

You want to argue based on Review scores? You say Skyward Sword shouldn't be so high (you prolly think it shouldn't be on the list either) yet it's average score on the same site is 93%... so obviously there's a lot of people who don't agree with you on how good/bad that game is either.

We aren't ranking games based on their review scores, reviews are not the end all and be all of a games judgement. Even an averaging of scores.

There have been a few games that I played that got low scores yet I still enjoyed them.

We are ranking games based on what the members of this forum felt were their best games they played on the Wii.

If some people really enjoyed Wii Music or any other game I am not gonna argue with that. If enough people enjoyed it that it made the Top 50, then that is that... is it not a debate it was a vote.

You trying to prove it was a "bad" game isn't going to change anything. Those people will not change their opinion on the game and we are not going to alter the feature on the mainsite just cause you or anyone else might not agree with how it turned out.

So for the last time please drop it and move on or infractions will be issued

That in your opinion it may be a bad game is valid enough, but this constant trying to prove it or forcing the point is what is making you come off in a poor light. As others have said how you are trying to get your point across is not the best way of conducting (pun fully intended) yourself. As if all you are trying to do is start arguments and cause discourse

Why is this thread open if people aren't free to discuss and debate the results? Of course the results won't be changed and I haven't told people to change their opinions. This thread has had discussion that I'm sure it otherwise wouldn't and would slip away down the list of active threads.

I never said Skyward Sword doesn't belong on the list. It clearly does. It's not a bad game, it's a bad Zelda. Big difference. The worst in my opinion. It's perfectly fine to sing a games praises but be damned if you criticise it?

Infractions? For what? I'm not being personal. It's just my opinion and it's promoting discussion. Seriously. Just because some people might not like it and some people on this site may be perfectly happy to have Nintendo repeatedly kick them in the face and say "Please Sir, may I have some more?", well I'm not one of them.