NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Actually i was thinking, 'i hope its like the first season, that was awesome.'

Actually i was thinking, 'i hope its like the first season, that was awesome.'

The first season was awesome. Then it went further and further downhill until no one had any idea what was going on whatsoever.

Yeah it suffered from not really having any end point to work towards.

The first season had the whole bit leading up to saving the Cheerleader, and the first half of the second season was quite good (i seem to remember them exploring some more interesting powers) but everything after that got crappy.

Hiro just seemed to leap around not knowing what he was doing. Peter was angtsy the whole time and switched between being all powerful and completely useless. Claire was a waste of space. Even Sylar kind of lost the plot a bit, and all he had to do was be evil.

Did anyone watch the first episode of Defiance? I thought it was surprisingly good.

Finished Cheers (in an overly short time...) I can see why it was so iconic in its day. It's not the best sitcom out there, but it stayed fairly consistent over the years. Lillith and Diana are basically my idols though. They're pretty intolerable, but enjoyable at the same time. Now to watch the Frasier episodes with the Cheers cast to understand them a bit better.

On that note, 'Don Juan in Hell' is a great episode of television. It builds on a character that has been established for 18 year, tears apart his romantic history and shows how the women in his life have shaped him.

Plus it has this great example of womenkind:

Daphne: Sorry, I was rushing and I put my heel through the hem of my skirt so I had to put on another one.

Niles: Oooh looks nice.

D: Thanks, then the top didn't go so I changed it to this. But then I couldn't wear this with a black brassiere, so I had to change that, which meant I had to change my knickers to match in case I went to the hospital. You know? Co-ordinating undergarments is a mark of a lady and all that.

Edited by Ashley

Did anyone watch the first episode of Defiance? I thought it was surprisingly good.

I missed it, 2nd ep was on this week wasn't it? I'd like to catchup with it. Is it on Syfy?

Also... Arrow.. is that just not on Sky 1 anymore? I got about 7 episodes in, lost track 1 week, and haven't seen it since, but apparently there are about 20 odd episodes now?

Anyone watch The Mindy Project on e4? Friggin love it. New Girl followed by Mindy is a great hour of TV. Well played e4... well played!

I missed it, 2nd ep was on this week wasn't it? I'd like to catchup with it. Is it on Syfy?

Yes, it's on SyFy.

Anyone watch The Mindy Project on e4? Friggin love it. New Girl followed by Mindy is a great hour of TV. Well played e4... well played!

While I hear it/she is good, I kept seeing adverts for it on Hulu and I wanted to scratch my face off after hearing her voice.

While I hear it/she is good, I kept seeing adverts for it on Hulu and I wanted to scratch my face off after hearing her voice.

Yeah her voice can be a problem admittedly, But it's pretty funny to make up for it..

She get's a punch in the nose which causes it break in one ep which is slightly satisfying :p

Can I watch season 3 of Spartacus: Blood and Sand before watching season 2? I just finished the first season and want to continue from the finale and not watch a season flashback..I can do that some other time.

This will get lost in here, but here goes.

Mogwai have recently created the soundtrack for a French TV Series known as Les Revenants.

The show has an interesting premise:

In a small mountain town, many dead people re-appear, apparently alive and normal: teenagers Simon and Camille who both died in a car accident, Victor/Louis, a small boy who was murdered by burglars, and Serge, a serial killer. They try to resume their lives as strange phenomena occur: amongst recurring power outages, the water level of the dam mysteriously lowers, and strange marks appear on the bodies of the living and the dead ...

It sounds very interesting and admittedly I only knew about it due to the fact Mogwai were doing the soundtrack. Due to it being French and not having subtitles (and the fact that my French is shite), I didn't think I'd get a chance to see it and enjoy it.

As it turns out, by a stroke of luck, this is coming to the UK with subtitles later this year. During the summer. :D

It's very short, only 8 episodes long, but I'm excited.

And let me confirm for you that Les Revenants is indeed fantastic. It was the best thing I’ve seen at the IFFR a few months ago. So, a TV series was the best thing I’ve seen at a film festival. Although they’ve only shown the first 4 episodes, and I’ve yet to add the fansubs to the boxset I've lying around here. Soundtrack is awesome as well. Oh, and 2nd season is scheduled for 2014.

Edited by Sméagol

And let me confirm for you that Les Revenants is indeed fantastic. It was the best thing I’ve seen at the IFFR a few months ago. So, a TV series was the best thing I’ve seen at a film festival. Although they’ve only shown the first 4 episodes, and I’ve yet to add the fansubs to the boxset I've lying around here. Soundtrack is awesome as well. Oh, and 2nd season is scheduled for 2014.

So, it really is good? Fuuuuck. Hype, hype, hype!

:D

So, it really is good? Fuuuuck. Hype, hype, hype!

:D

OH I’LL HYPE YA ALRIGHT. I’m doing a marathon with a friend saturday (after watching Oblivion). Was planned for earlier, but lazy :rolleyes:. But anyway, yeah, I watch very few series (I don’t download any, and I rarely buy anything on blu-ray), but I’d like to think I’m usually aware of what’s good. Received Game of thrones season 2 some time ago, and I’ll be pre-ordering Orphan black. But those 4 episodes of Les Revenants had me even more excited than Game of thrones yeah! Your post about Les revenants was the reason I just had to go out of lurking state. I’d like to congratulate you all on getting such a wonderful series on TV. Remind me before it will be shown, I’ll do a proper thread for it, it deserves it.

Oh, and godly redhead to the left? She’s from the show. (although I might temporarily change my avatar).

OH I’LL HYPE YA ALRIGHT. I’m doing a marathon with a friend saturday (after watching Oblivion). Was planned for earlier, but lazy :rolleyes:. But anyway, yeah, I watch very few series (I don’t download any, and I rarely buy anything on blu-ray), but I’d like to think I’m usually aware of what’s good. Received Game of thrones season 2 some time ago, and I’ll be pre-ordering Orphan black. But those 4 episodes of Les Revenants had me even more excited than Game of thrones yeah! Your post about Les revenants was the reason I just had to go out of lurking state. I’d like to congratulate you all on getting such a wonderful series on TV. Remind me before it will be shown, I’ll do a proper thread for it, it deserves it.

Oh, and godly redhead to the left? She’s from the show. (although I might temporarily change my avatar).

You are now my hero.

And yes, she is godly. :D

Hurry up, channel fouurrrrrr.

It's pretty mediocre, but watched some Hot in Cleveland and it has a lot of Frasier alumni which makes it a bit better. Plus Betty White.

I blame Netflix.

Netflix forcing people to watch bad television is truly one of the big issues in modern society. :p

Getting into No Ordinary Family.

Why do always start liking shows that have already been canned.

*Looking up some lyrics from the Scrubs musical*

Turk: You're not staying home from work.

Carla: Will that make you happy turk?

Turk: I'll support you if you choose to earn the pingements.

Scrubs-Pingements_zpsf62e6873.jpg

I've started watching Da Vinci's Demons, which is a kind of "over the top history" similar in style to Game of Thrones (with large amounts of gore and nudity) while also feeling similar to Sherlock and Batman (it's created by David S. Goyer, who wrote Nolan's Batman trilogy). The characters are quite interesting so far, with shades of grey everywhere.

The plot is certainly intriguing so far (2 episodes in), and the characters are interesting. The sets and designs are also great (oddly, it's mainly filmed in Wales).

This is miles better than the latest Starz/BBC Worldwide production (Torchwood Miracle Day) and while it's influences are clear, it's still unique. The only problem is that in the UK it's on a channel that I didn't know existed over here (Fox). I suppose that this style would likely not be allowed on BBC due to it's graphic nature.

*Looking up some lyrics from the Scrubs musical*

Scrubs-Pingements_zpsf62e6873.jpg

I always thought it was "if you choose to earn da Benjamins". I thought Turk was being ghetto...

It is 'Benjamins'. That's what makes it so funny.

Well, I thought it was funny, anyway. :sad:

That's because you're an idiot, Bob.

And possibly also because it's not a real word.