NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Just watched Arrow. Actually thought it was really good. Surprisingly good. Deathstroke incoming, too - squeeeee!!

Only dumb thing was his green face paint. Just wear a domino mask, fool.

tumblr_m1exrcd72h1r99f4t.gif

Ouch, did not realise. I just assumed it was FOX's fault.

Ouch, did not realise. I just assumed it was FOX's fault.

We can just blame Fox. They made the TV landscape dumber and it's infecting every other network.

Still bitter that it was replaced by a reality TV show about the Pussycat Dolls.

Also I've been told that Burn Notice is good' date=' but I have no idea why it should be, so I'm hoping someone here can argue the case.[/quote']

I've seen a few episodes when it aired here. For what it's worth, I watched it to see what sort of scheme they would come up with to solve the case of the week with their limited resources. The same reason I used to watch MacGyver, really, except the episode stays interesting throughout, instead of just at the end.

The overarching arc was "meh" to me because I don't care much for conspiracy-related stories, though this one wasn't so bad. At least it was easy to keep up with, and it doesn't involve a seemingly omnipotent, supersecret organization.

Says the knight of the "taste is subjective" table. :p

That's why it was an ironic joke.

I was surprised by Arrow, since it was from the network that gave Smallville such a slow and painful death. They shoehorned in some cheese which I could've lived without but on the whole it was quite impressive.

I don't think they could have found anyone who looked more like Maggie Gyllenhaal to play the young female lawyer :p - really brought home the Dark Knight influence.

I was surprised by Arrow, since it was from the network that gave Smallville such a slow and painful death.

I thought that it was from a network that somehow managed to make Smallville last an extra five seasons.

Same difference. Smallville had an inexplicably high fanbase which gave the writers an erroneous sense that they were doing something right. So instead of listening to any unbiased opinions and creating a great TV show, they rode a wave of above-average viewing figures and below-average television for five years. The creators left the show and the budget was chicken scratch. It was a very sad way for a series to go.

I thought that it was from a network that somehow managed to make Smallville last an extra 217 episodes.

Fixed that for you.

If the latest episode of Merlin (Series 5, Episode 3 "The Death Song of Uther Pendragon") wasn't the best programme on all week, I don't know what was. Spooky, dramatic, well-lit... it was genius. I have never known any other programme (apart from Red Dwarf, actually) get better and better with each series, so much so that you could say the 5th is the best yet, but this is the case with Merlin. Outstanding, just outstanding.

I thought it was quite poor, probably weaker than most of last season.

I thought the last Grey's Anatomy episode was really good. I hate how people (read: Internet/Tumblr) keep banging on about Arizona to cheer up. Give her some freaking time.

Arrow 1 & 2, loved them. Yeah, they're nothing groundbreaking but it feels like there is actually some progression, as opposed to Smallville.

I started watching Supernatural a while ago, only just getting toward the end of the first season and finally it's picked up a bit. It's enjoyable in a fun way.

Also, gave Nurse Jackie a go. A good few episodes. Not sure it'll keep my attention, though.

Just started watching Jericho on Netflix(we got it a few days ago). Damn, it's awesome. Too bad it got cancelled, but I happy knowing it got an additional 7 episodes which I assume was to give the series a proper ending(it was apparently due to fan demand or something)

I quite liked Nurse Jackie when I watched it this summer.

Usually I hate it when characters disappear with no explanation, but I was halfway through season 2 before I realized that Mo-Mo was missing, so I guess I can't complain in this case.

Just started watching Jericho on Netflix(we got it a few days ago). Damn, it's awesome. Too bad it got cancelled, but I happy knowing it got an additional 7 episodes which I assume was to give the series a proper ending(it was apparently due to fan demand or something)

Jericho is fucking top notch, one of my all time favourite shows. The second season suffers a little from trying to cram so much into 7 episodes but it's still good.

Lennie James is awesome. It's a shame Jericho got cancelled, it was pretty enjoyable (maybe a little too American). Almost like The Walking Dead, except not immensely boring.

Saw the pilot of Arrow on Monday. I liked it. I've heard good things about upcoming episodes too.

Man, yeah. Jericho got 'renewed' then cancelled all over again so the last 2-3 episodes they squeeze a whole bunch of ideas in -- like what Carnivale did but a whole lot more. It really skewed the 2nd season and made it feel rally unbalanced. It's like they were renewed so they took it easy for the first few eps, then ratings dropped again.

Nuts!

Man' date=' yeah. Jericho got 'renewed' then cancelled all over again so the last 2-3 episodes they squeeze a whole bunch of ideas in -- like what [b']Carnivale[/b] did but a whole lot more. It really skewed the 2nd season and made it feel rally unbalanced. It's like they were renewed so they took it easy for the first few eps, then ratings dropped again.

Nuts!

I used to conduct whole conversations just saying 'Nuts'. Everyone thought I was a bit mental.

Watched the Mockingbird Lane Pilot last night (The Munsters Remake) Shame it's only a one episode and not bee picked up yet, I enjoyed it, Eddie Izzard played Grampa Munster and did a damn good job.

I was going to post a thread about that actually.

I enjoyed it, although it only reminded me how much I miss Pushing Daisies.

Disney Channel are considering Girl Meets World, a sequel to Boy Meets World based on Cory and Topanga's preteen daughter. Looking to get Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel on board for it.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/02/girl-meets-world-sequel-pilot-disney

Oh hell fucking yes please :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Get her to come back as Topanga and I will certianly be watching :D

Watching a kids' show to masturbate over one of the actors just seems wrong somehow.