NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

I've been watching Breeders lately, almost done with season one. It's alright, probably not something people without children would enjoy much. I had hoped for a bit more comedy, though, and I don't really like Ally, the wife. Will probably watch season two when it comes in a couple of weeks so it's not that bad. 

Started s4 of Fargo.

Damn I’ve missed this show. It’s great to see two actors from two acclaimed Italian shows (Gomorrah and Suburra Blood on Rome) make English speaking appearances too. 

3 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Started s4 of Fargo.

Every season is pretty much a standalone story, is it not?
I remember watching S1 and liking it very much.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Every season is pretty much a standalone story, is it not?
I remember watching S1 and liking it very much.

Yes. Though there is a small link between all the seasons and the film in some form or another. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know if I've already said it but WandaVision is awesome. I really enjoyed it. 

I'm also glad that The Flash: Season 7 is back as well.

I'm watching The Circle and surprisingly, I'm really loving it. I miss Big Brother but this is the next best thing, I guess.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2021 at 7:57 PM, Beast said:

I'm watching The Circle and surprisingly, I'm really loving it. I miss Big Brother but this is the next best thing, I guess.

Circle Message: I knew you'd be a fellow fan! :laughing: Who is your favourite so far? Blue Tally annoyed the life out of me, I'm much more for her fake orange twin. I'm up and down on Syed but generally think he's funny. Send message. 

Elsewhere in the last 2 months I pretty much breezed through SuperStore on Netflix, I've literally just watched every episode including the newest season in America, so I have to wait until next week for the season finale! I absolutely loved it for the most part though it did take a noticeable downward slope from the start of Season 5 onwards and I wasn't a fan of where things went at the start of Season 6. Despite that I still like it and will be interested to see how they end things, especially as they kinda had the rug pulled from under them and got cancelled mid season. 

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

Circle Message: I knew you'd be a fellow fan! :laughing: Who is your favourite so far? Blue Tally annoyed the life out of me, I'm much more for her fake orange twin. I'm up and down on Syed but generally think he's funny. Send message. 

Elsewhere in the last 2 months I pretty much breezed through SuperStore on Netflix, I've literally just watched every episode including the newest season in America, so I have to wait until next week for the season finale! I absolutely loved it for the most part though it did take a noticeable downward slope from the start of Season 5 onwards and I wasn't a fan of where things went at the start of Season 6. Despite that I still like it and will be interested to see how they end things, especially as they kinda had the rug pulled from under them and got cancelled mid season. 

Circle message: I really like Manrika and Tally but the #GeezerGirls thing is getting incredibly annoying now. My favourites are Andy, Manrika and Vithun. Syed is funny and I like him but I like the first three more. I do like the woman playing Felix as well and thought she should've gone in as herself. Gemma was quite dumb to do what she did last night because you can very easily cop her out in that lie about Billy!! I'm so glad I found another Circle fan! #CircleOfLife #CircleFans. Send. 

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

Circle message: I really like Manrika and Tally but the #GeezerGirls thing is getting incredibly annoying now. My favourites are Andy, Manrika and Vithun. Syed is funny and I like him but I like the first three more. I do like the woman playing Felix as well and thought she should've gone in as herself. Gemma was quite dumb to do what she did last night because you can very easily cop her out in that lie about Billy!! I'm so glad I found another Circle fan! #CircleOfLife #CircleFans. Send. 

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Yeah "Gemma" had been pretty convincing so far I thought but she really screwed the pooch with that Billy lie - I know it was a cliff hanger last night (so over their cheap use of cliff hangers this season btw) but it's pretty obvious that she's the one being blocked after the conversation Andy had with Billy before the vote, pretty much proving that she's a total liar.

Felix is great, probably the best catfish character in there, I love that he's already so deep into the group despite being a newbie! Syed is really running the risk of letting his own personality seep in to his persona, his love of Manrika is close to coming out, his conversation with Felix maybe just barely passed the bill as caring uncle though it was very close to coming across as a bit creepy I thought. 

Agree with you on Vithun, he's a good egg, I'm not sure on Andy though, he's fine but a bit boring for that kinda show I think. I can't stand Manrika because she's so too faced but on the flip side that is kinda what the game is all about and she's proved she's doing a great job of it by being voted the most liked! Shocked emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

3 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Yeah "Gemma" had been pretty convincing so far I thought but she really screwed the pooch with that Billy lie - I know it was a cliff hanger last night (so over their cheap use of cliff hangers this season btw) but it's pretty obvious that she's the one being blocked after the conversation Andy had with Billy before the vote, pretty much proving that she's a total liar.

Felix is great, probably the best catfish character in there, I love that he's already so deep into the group despite being a newbie! Syed is really running the risk of letting his own personality seep in to his persona, his love of Manrika is close to coming out, his conversation with Felix maybe just barely passed the bill as caring uncle though it was very close to coming across as a bit creepy I thought. 

Agree with you on Vithun, he's a good egg, I'm not sure on Andy though, he's fine but a bit boring for that kinda show I think. I can't stand Manrika because she's so too faced but on the flip side that is kinda what the game is all about and she's proved she's doing a great job of it by being voted the most liked! Shocked emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

I totally agree with all of it. I like the fact that Manrika is two-faced in the best way possible. She's stayed loyal to those who have shown her loyalty and has kept the ones she knew were using her close but truly knowing their intentions. I think Andy is pretty likeable but I get what you mean. I thought Billy didn't have much of a personality outside trainers so I'm hoping tonight, if Gemma gets voted out (she better!), we see more to him and he will pipe up! Syed is funny but again, I think he would definitely be class going in as himself. I think the only two I don't like are Gemma and Dot. Dot is playing it way too safe! I also think Gemma has a bland personality. He's playing the best worst catfish and he'll fail, just like Penny did if he's not careful and doesn't develop a personality outside of gossip bitch! Hopefully we will have the result we want tonight! #ByeGemma, Dancing emoji, bicep emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beast said:

I totally agree with all of it. I like the fact that Manrika is two-faced in the best way possible. She's stayed loyal to those who have shown her loyalty and has kept the ones she knew were using her close but truly knowing their intentions. I think Andy is pretty likeable but I get what you mean. I thought Billy didn't have much of a personality outside trainers so I'm hoping tonight, if Gemma gets voted out (she better!), we see more to him and he will pipe up! Syed is funny but again, I think he would definitely be class going in as himself. I think the only two I don't like are Gemma and Dot. Dot is playing it way too safe! I also think Gemma has a bland personality. He's playing the best worst catfish and he'll fail, just like Penny did if he's not careful and doesn't develop a personality outside of gossip bitch! Hopefully we will have the result we want tonight! #ByeGemma, Dancing emoji, bicep emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

OH MY DAYS GEMMA! I can't believe it man, and holy moly that meetup was a bit awkward lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

OH MY DAYS GEMMA! I can't believe it man, and holy moly that meetup was a bit awkward lol.

I KNOW! I literally shouted "WHAT?!?!" when it happened as well! 😂 I'm actually not liking Felix at all anymore. It's one thing to have a friendly flirt but it's another to actually play with someone's emotions, especially considering how Felix was banging on about integrity to Gemma after the reveal!!

Also, I'm feeling so sorry for Hashu/Syed right now. I truly think he should've gone in as himself, he's got a wicked personality. I actually like him over everyone now 😂 

12 hours ago, Beast said:

I KNOW! I literally shouted "WHAT?!?!" when it happened as well! 😂 I'm actually not liking Felix at all anymore. It's one thing to have a friendly flirt but it's another to actually play with someone's emotions, especially considering how Felix was banging on about integrity to Gemma after the reveal!!

Also, I'm feeling so sorry for Hashu/Syed right now. I truly think he should've gone in as himself, he's got a wicked personality. I actually like him over everyone now 😂 

Yeah Syed is great but I do love the character he's playing too! Unlike Dot who seems kinda boring as a catfish and as himself lol. And yeah totally with you there, Felix has crossed a line now, I hope for Manrika's sake that she see's the relationship as a bit of tounge in cheek fun but she does seem to quite genuinely be falling for 'him' which is sad - Also some serious cracks forming in her previously unbreakable bond with Blue Tammy I thought! Could their opinions on Gemma BE any different right now? #UnexpectedChandler kiss kiss, double hand closed emoji, send

9 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Yeah Syed is great but I do love the character he's playing too! Unlike Dot who seems kinda boring as a catfish and as himself lol. And yeah totally with you there, Felix has crossed a line now, I hope for Manrika's sake that she see's the relationship as a bit of tounge in cheek fun but she does seem to quite genuinely be falling for 'him' which is sad - Also some serious cracks forming in her previously unbreakable bond with Blue Tammy I thought! Could their opinions on Gemma BE any different right now? #UnexpectedChandler kiss kiss, double hand closed emoji, send

Dot is quite boring, honestly. He can bore off at this point. I totally forgot he was in there. I do feel for Manrika and I hope she doesn't fall for Felix but at the same time, she needs to remember her homegirl, Tally! I can't believe Gemma is still there though!! Vithun or Syed are ace! I hope either one wins. Also, I can't be the only one wanting Hashu/Syed and Manrika to get together at the end of the show, right? #CircleRomance kissing emoji, love heart emoji, kisskiss, send

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Dot is quite boring, honestly. He can bore off at this point. I totally forgot he was in there. I do feel for Manrika and I hope she doesn't fall for Felix but at the same time, she needs to remember her homegirl, Tally! I can't believe Gemma is still there though!! Vithun or Syed are ace! I hope either one wins. Also, I can't be the only one wanting Hashu/Syed and Manrika to get together at the end of the show, right? #CircleRomance kissing emoji, love heart emoji, kisskiss, send

Seems like she's totally thrown Tally under the bus, eh? And I'm not sure haha, I think Manrika would eat him alive :laughing: Gotta say that painting task was great, I literally lol'd when I saw the picture of Tally with the #FISHY hashtag! With Tally and Dot as the bottom two I think it's a no brainer Dot will be the next to go but I said that about Gemma vs Billy so we'll have to wait and see!

EDIT: Dancing lady emoji, kiss kiss, send

Edited by Josh64
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Seems like she's totally thrown Tally under the bus, eh? And I'm not sure haha, I think Manrika would eat him alive :laughing: Gotta say that painting task was great, I literally lol'd when I saw the picture of Tally with the #FISHY hashtag! With Tally and Dot as the bottom two I think it's a no brainer Dot will be the next to go but I said that about Gemma vs Billy so we'll have to wait and see!

EDIT: Dancing lady emoji, kiss kiss, send

It's really weird because I can see why Manrika rated Tally the way she did but to rate her that low was a bit much. I am pretty sure Dot will probably go unless he really pulls something out of the hat last-minute. Tally is too sweet for this game though, she's been catfished left, right and centre. I thought it was spot-on what she said about Syed though, so that's good. I laughed so hard at her portrait too but she spotted it was a boy's drawing a mile-off. Manrika's drawing was brilliant because it was something I thought anyway. I like Hunter from Gladiators but he's really playing the game at this moment. I'm actually hoping Dot goes and then Gemma but who knows! Shrug emoji, praying hands emoji, kiss kiss, send!

6 hours ago, Beast said:

It's really weird because I can see why Manrika rated Tally the way she did but to rate her that low was a bit much. I am pretty sure Dot will probably go unless he really pulls something out of the hat last-minute. Tally is too sweet for this game though, she's been catfished left, right and centre. I thought it was spot-on what she said about Syed though, so that's good. I laughed so hard at her portrait too but she spotted it was a boy's drawing a mile-off. Manrika's drawing was brilliant because it was something I thought anyway. I like Hunter from Gladiators but he's really playing the game at this moment. I'm actually hoping Dot goes and then Gemma but who knows! Shrug emoji, praying hands emoji, kiss kiss, send!

Yeah she's playing tactically but Tally was the one person she claimed "I've got your back" to - the only thing she has for her back is a knife! Ayooo! And yeah Syed is an absolute treasure IRL and the fake persona! And yeah James has been ruthless from the start, just look at the assassination and that picture of Billy he defaced in his room! Fish emoji, hand on chin thinking emoji, kiss kiss, send 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

Yeah she's playing tactically but Tally was the one person she claimed "I've got your back" to - the only thing she has for her back is a knife! Ayooo! And yeah Syed is an absolute treasure IRL and the fake persona! And yeah James has been ruthless from the start, just look at the assassination and that picture of Billy he defaced in his room! Fish emoji, hand on chin thinking emoji, kiss kiss, send 

So true! My opinion of Manrika is slowly changing and not for the better! I can't believe she's starting to doubt Tally the way she has! Like, Felix has been in for near four days, surely a man can't totally persuade you that quick? Syed is wicked and I want him or Vithun to win now! Gemma is definitely ruthless but I'm not sure if I like that or not! I mean, he's playing the game, I guess! #UncleSyedToWin praying hands emoji, kiss kiss, send.

- - - 

Noooo! I can't! I just can't! #CockroachesSurviveEverything snake emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Beast said:

So true! My opinion of Manrika is slowly changing and not for the better! I can't believe she's starting to doubt Tally the way she has! Like, Felix has been in for near four days, surely a man can't totally persuade you that quick? Syed is wicked and I want him or Vithun to win now! Gemma is definitely ruthless but I'm not sure if I like that or not! I mean, he's playing the game, I guess! #UncleSyedToWin praying hands emoji, kiss kiss, send.

- - - 

Noooo! I can't! I just can't! #CockroachesSurviveEverything snake emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

Manrika is the ultimate snake! And oh my god, that cliffhanger, did you also know that the next episode isn't until MONDAY night?! What the fuck, man. It will be interesting to see the fallout from all of this, I hope she goes to see Syed but I can't help but think she's going to go and see her Geezergal Manrika! Shocked emoji, angry emoji, kiss kiss, send

1 minute ago, Josh64 said:

Manrika is the ultimate snake! And oh my god, that cliffhanger, did you also know that the next episode isn't until MONDAY night?! What the fuck, man. It will be interesting to see the fallout from all of this, I hope she goes to see Syed but I can't help but think she's going to go and see her Geezergal Manrika! Shocked emoji, angry emoji, kiss kiss, send

Manrika was so bad for that! I can't believe I have to wait for two whole days! When the announcer said that, I was like "NO! DON'T TOY WITH ME WITH THOSE CLIFFHANGERS!" 😂 

I do want her to go and see Syed or Andy but I'd love for her to see Manrika to see if Manrika does have a conscience and tells her the truth or not. It'll be very interesting to see!! popcorn emoji, crying laughing emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what you pair are on about...

Anyway, watched the finale of Superstore

Spoiler

It was good to see America Ferrera back (although I knew it was happening) and a nice happy ending all around really (except for all the people missing feet).

The flash forward was kind of schmultzy but I expect that from this kind of show. I did see someone online saying the show should have ended with Mateo being deported. Talk about buzzkill.

The only American shows I've been watching this season have been Superstore and Grey's Anatomy. I've seen various people saying they "don't want to see" Covid on screen and I kind of get that but I'm glad these two particular shows embraced it as it was integral to their particular work places. I can understand why you may want to avoid it on most comedies but them working at an essential store during a pandemic, it kind of needed to be shown. Particularly as they did show how shitty and self-centred some of the customer behaviour was. Likewise Grey's Anatomy which has been hard to watch sometimes but it has shown the reality of the pandemic for medical staff. Yes mixed with the usual heightened drama, but I've found some of the smaller moment to be some of the most effective.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The only American shows I've been watching this season have been Superstore and Grey's Anatomy. I've seen various people saying they "don't want to see" Covid on screen and I kind of get that but I'm glad these two particular shows embraced it as it was integral to their particular work places. I can understand why you may want to avoid it on most comedies but them working at an essential store during a pandemic, it kind of needed to be shown. Particularly as they did show how shitty and self-centred some of the customer behaviour was.

I love it for this, I felt so validated seeing awful customers during covid being satirized after such a crazy year of it IRL. I have the final two episodes lined up on my PC for tonight so will read your spoiler tag afterwards!

47 minutes ago, Beast said:

Manrika was so bad for that! I can't believe I have to wait for two whole days! When the announcer said that, I was like "NO! DON'T TOY WITH ME WITH THOSE CLIFFHANGERS!" 😂 

I do want her to go and see Syed or Andy but I'd love for her to see Manrika to see if Manrika does have a conscience and tells her the truth or not. It'll be very interesting to see!! popcorn emoji, crying laughing emoji, kiss kiss, send. 

The cliff-hangers have a lot to answer for, I just hope Dot really makes more effort now, this last episode is the first time I've actually enjoyed the character and bizarrely is the first time I've come around to liking Blue Tally, which is a shame given she's now in Circle Heaven with Woody, Tim and the gang. Angel emoji, heart emoji, kiss kiss send.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I have no idea what you pair are on about...

Anyway, watched the finale of Superstore

Superstore finale (Reveal hidden contents)

It was good to see America Ferrera back (although I knew it was happening) and a nice happy ending all around really (except for all the people missing feet).

The flash forward was kind of schmultzy but I expect that from this kind of show. I did see someone online saying the show should have ended with Mateo being deported. Talk about buzzkill.

The only American shows I've been watching this season have been Superstore and Grey's Anatomy. I've seen various people saying they "don't want to see" Covid on screen and I kind of get that but I'm glad these two particular shows embraced it as it was integral to their particular work places. I can understand why you may want to avoid it on most comedies but them working at an essential store during a pandemic, it kind of needed to be shown. Particularly as they did show how shitty and self-centred some of the customer behaviour was. Likewise Grey's Anatomy which has been hard to watch sometimes but it has shown the reality of the pandemic for medical staff. Yes mixed with the usual heightened drama, but I've found some of the smaller moment to be some of the most effective.

We're on about the new reality show, The Circle. It came out a year ago and it's on its second season. Basically they all individually live in an apartment connected to a Facebook-like app called The Circle, where they've either gone in as themselves or catfish as someone else. They have to play the game to become the most popular through forming friendships or just basically snaking about. It's very good. It's on All4 if you wanted to have a watch, I'd recommend it. 

I still need to catch up on Superstore. I love that show! 

@Josh64, I can't believe this cliffhanger! I'm bursting to see who she went to visit! I need to know noooow! Angry emoji, laughing emoji, kiss kiss, send! 

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Is that the show that is (was?) hosted by Alice Levine?

Yes!

Levine also co-hosted a series of Channel 4's reality show, The Circle, with Maya Jama. However, they were replaced in the second series by Emma Willis.