NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Just finished watching Season 3 of the Expanse. Damn is that a great show! I held off for a while because I read the first book a while ago and was a bit underwhelmed, but the show is fantastic. Such good sci-fi writing.

I know it's old news by now but my word, Better Call Saul is incredible. Still think I prefer BB, but all credit to the entire team behind that show. Just started final series, gutted it has to end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Just started final series...

No, you haven't...

20 minutes ago, Magnus said:

No, you haven't...

Cut the ambiguity Magnus, give it to me straight. What do I not know?

34 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Cut the ambiguity Magnus, give it to me straight. What do I not know?

Apparently that there's one more season coming next year...

Cobra Kai is now on Netflix. Had wanted to watch it when it was originally released but after a few episodes it was just such a hassle. Been quite enjoying it and think it’s a great followup to the original films. Made it half way through the first season last night, will probably have it finished in a few days.

I've started watching The Flash after a friend of mine being obsessed with it so I thought I'd give it a try. Started it two days ago, I'm now on episode 12 and understanding why he is. This show is bloody great so far. I've really enjoyed it. I'm not normally a DC person but I've been trying to give it a go and so far, this is the best thing out of it. I was also recommended Arrow, who's appeared in the show a couple of times, so I'll give that a go too. 

19 hours ago, Magnus said:

Apparently that there's one more season coming next year...

Great news, thank you

On 30.8.2020 at 10:10 AM, Beast said:

I've started watching The Flash after a friend of mine being obsessed with it so I thought I'd give it a try. Started it two days ago, I'm now on episode 12 and understanding why he is. This show is bloody great so far. I've really enjoyed it. I'm not normally a DC person but I've been trying to give it a go and so far, this is the best thing out of it. I was also recommended Arrow, who's appeared in the show a couple of times, so I'll give that a go too. 

The first couple of seasons of The Flash are great and it really is one of the best DC series out there. And the first couple of seasons of Arrow are really good as well. But be warned, the quality drops a lot as they progress. Unfortunately, CW thinks that they need 23 episodes for each season which means a lot of filler content that doesn't progress the story. If they just boiled it down to 10 episodes per season, it would be a lot better.

Oh well, enjoy it!

Legends of Tomorrow has slightly shorter seasons and is by far the best CW DC show.

Has anyone here been watching The Boys on Amazon Prime? I've only started watching over the past week and its probably one of the better shows I've seen in ages. The premise is its set in a world where Super Heroes are just an accepted part of life. The main Super heroes in the world are 'The Seven' who are the equivalent of the Justice League.

NINTCHDBPICT000509534963.jpg

The thing is, they' re all quite nasty pieces of work. From being sexual harassers, drug addicts, rapists, to straight up murderers, they're dreadful people that the general public only see as super heroes that save lives every day. They're overseen by a corporation that handles their PR, merchandise, film rights etc who are also trying to get "The Seven" into the military. Meanwhile there is a group of Vigilantes who want to take them down, as each of them as had their lives effected by them in the past. The violence is pretty strong in this and perhaps a little much at times but I've found myself binge watching this show, something I never normally do because each episode has been solid so far.

• Like 2

Yeah Season 1 is very good. We're waiting until all the episodes of season 2 are out before we start watching those, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, bob said:

Yeah Season 1 is very good. We're waiting until all the episodes of season 2 are out before we start watching those, but I'm looking forward to it.

We didn't realise season 2 wasn't fully released and we caught up yesterday. :blank:

At least it's only a week until the final ep.

We didn't realise season 2 wasn't fully released and we caught up yesterday. :blank:
That's why I always check before I start watching something with my wife, because for some reason it's my fault they aren't make them fast enough.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bob said:
1 hour ago, Mr_Odwin said:

That's why I always check before I start watching something with my wife, because for some reason it's my fault they aren't make them fast enough.

Checks out

Made a second error with the boys last night by accidentally watching season 1 episode 8 for half an hour before finally working it out.

Why is she alive?

How did he break his leg?

Where is storm front?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr_Odwin said:

Made a second error with the boys last night by accidentally watching season 1 episode 8 for half an hour before finally working it out.

Why is she alive?

How did he break his leg?

Where is storm front?

I did this with Community once. I was halfway through the episode before I realized that it probably wasn't a flashback episode. In my defense, it was a season 4 episode, so that's probably why I had no memory of it whatsoever.

My mom, meanwhile, started watching Six Feet Under with season 5 episode 1 when I bought her the full DVD set. She must have been so confused!

I'm kind of glad they're finally bringing it back, if only because it means we didn't suffer through the writers going to such great lengths to keep Dexter alive for nothing.

Clyde Phillips was showrunner for the good seasons, so ideally season 9 should start with Dexter hearing someone in the shower and opening the door and seeing Debra. And then we can all pretend that seasons 5-8 never happened.

• Like 1