NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The Expanse has been revived for another season. 

That doesn't seem to be a closed deal as of yet..

I really don't want it on Amazon.

I'm surprised creators and writers continue wanting to work with Syfy - considering they haven't finished a story since... Battlestar Galactica?

I know I created a thread for this a while back, but not many people posted in it.

Just watched the series finale of The Americans. What a show, quite rightly lauded as the last show from the “Golden Age” of TV, where character dramas such as Mad Men and The Sopranos were king, rather than the more sci-fi and fantasy stuff like GoT, Westworld and Stranger Things (still great shows by the way)

The finale was gut wrenching, and done in a style befitting of how the show was handled during its six seasons, rather than the way a lot of fans expected it to go. 

If you haven’t seen this yet, I implore you to give it a watch. If you like more serious, grounded dramas, you’ll enjoy this. Great soundtrack too. First five seasons are on Prime. 

37 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

I know I created a thread for this a while back, but not many people posted in it.

Just watched the series finale of The Americans. What a show, quite rightly lauded as the last show from the “Golden Age” of TV, where character dramas such as Mad Men and The Sopranos were king, rather than the more sci-fi and fantasy stuff like GoT, Westworld and Stranger Things (still great shows by the way)

The finale was gut wrenching, and done in a style befitting of how the show was handled during its six seasons, rather than the way a lot of fans expected it to go. 

If you haven’t seen this yet, I implore you to give it a watch. If you like more serious, grounded dramas, you’ll enjoy this. Great soundtrack too. First five seasons are on Prime. 

I finally started watching this the other day! I'm only on episode 3, but it's good so far.

I completely forgot that Margo Martindale was in this.

I unintentionally stopped about two episodes from the end of season 4.  I need to catch up.

HBO has the new series Sharp Objects that my wife and I started watching yesterday. That was a big mistake as only the first three episodes were available (out of 8) and it's super good. Like... really good! Amy Adams is superb in the role (yet again, she is a good actress), and the rest of the cast is great as well. The story is intriguing and told in a fascinating way - like the other Gillian Flynn-movies. Highly recommended.

I'd like to check it out as I like Patricia Clarkson, but can't be faffed trying to figure out how to do so here at the moment.  Hopefully it crops up somewhere.

Sky News have just posted the top 10 most popular streamed shows in the UK in Q1. It came from this report Media Report

The top 10 list:

:: Friends (Netflix)

:: The Grand Tour (Amazon)

:: The Crown (Netflix)

:: Stranger Things (Netflix)

:: Peaky Blinders (Netflix)

:: Black Mirror (Netflix)

:: The Big Bang Theory (Netflix)

:: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Netflix)

:: The Good Place (Netflix)

:: Vikings (Amazon)

Friends topping the list is impressive seeing as it only went on Netflix at the start of the year. Friends, Scrubs and Brooklyn Nine Nine (NINE NINE!) are the shows I watch on a constant basis, so I done my part. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Sky News have just posted the top 10 most popular streamed shows in the UK in Q1. It came from this report Media Report
The top 10 list:
:: Friends (Netflix)
:: The Grand Tour (Amazon)
:: The Crown (Netflix)
:: Stranger Things (Netflix)
:: Peaky Blinders (Netflix)
:: Black Mirror (Netflix)
:: The Big Bang Theory (Netflix)
:: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Netflix)
:: The Good Place (Netflix)
:: Vikings (Amazon)
Friends topping the list is impressive seeing as it only went on Netflix at the start of the year. Friends, Scrubs and Brooklyn Nine Nine (NINE NINE!) are the shows I watch on a constant basis, so I done my part.  
Friends is such a good show to just put on in the background, so I'm not surprised it's popular. They need to add a random episode button though.

I'm re-watching Doctor Who again and my opinion of it has completely changed (well almost). I've just finished Season 4 and I adored Donna. She's still my favourite companion over Martha and Rose. I love Donna but the ending to that season was the worst! When I was younger, I couldn't get into Season 3 much because for some reason, I couldn't stand Martha but I actually like her now. The whole thing of her having a crush was kind of annoying but she was the only one who got shit done in her finale and I loved that. Rose is okay. I liked her but she's a bit of a bitch to Mickey and it's annoying.

I'm watching the specials now. Tennant's final days. I stopped watching when Capaldi was made Doctor. Love the actor but he just wasn't the Doctor to me. Maybe my mind has changed.

Also, did anyone else notice how a lot of people who were characters scattered in Doctor Who turned out to have regular roles later on? The biggest one was in the Pompeii episode where you see Peter Capaldi and Karen Gillan.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just watched the Halloween Episode of Season 5.

Spoiler

Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww :D 

Jake and Amy are so cute. 

The Good Place is back tonight (America/tomorrow here).

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bacbc7f313769626f

Been listening to the official podcast over the summer and its gotten me more into the show. 

• Like 1

They should have let it end before they started bleeding cast members...

10 minutes ago, Magnus said:

They should have let it end before they started bleeding cast members...

I think it's part of their requirement to cut the budget. Same reason Parks and Rec lost Jones and Lowe. 

I assumed it was because she actually had a baby in real life and wanted time off for that.

9 hours ago, bob said:

I assumed it was because she actually had a baby in real life and wanted time off for that.

I assume it was an agreed decision.  If not I imagine they would have 'shared' the decreased time (the guys that play Hitchcock and Scully could easily be removed for the odd episode here or there).