NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

My wife told me yesterday that she'd quite like to start watching Young Sheldon, as she'd heard it's good...

d782d213f9436c77c3d31e43cba8f355.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Daft said:

lol, The only show that matters.

Obviously

amazing-race-to-camera.gif

• Like 1

I see Agents of Shield got renewed for a sixth season.
I love AoS. If the trajectory of the story lines continues, Season 6 is going to be on fleek*.

*people still use this term right?

Better enjoy it while you can.  With a 13 episode order and not coming back until Summer 2019 it's next season is pretty much confirmed as its last even though they're saying they aren't considering it at this stage.

People are saying its coming back Summer 19 to avoid having to write in Avengers 4, something they're currently struggling with at the moment with Infinity War.

I hadn't considered that? They've mostly diverged from the films, but surely they can't ignore something like that?

They’ve linked into Avengers, Age of Ultron, Thor 2, Winter Soldier, Civil War Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War that I can remember. Winter Soldier being the one that shook up and probably saved the show imo.

They’ve linked into Avengers, Age of Ultron, Thor 2, Winter Soldier, Civil War Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War that I can remember. Winter Soldier being the one that shook up and probably saved the show imo.
I'm about 10 episodes behind, so I haven't seen the Thor or Infinity War references. It's been a while since the last one though, so I assumed they'd stopped bothering.

The Thor one is pretty subtle so you may not notice it but the Infinity War one is obvious.

The Thor one is pretty subtle so you may not notice it but the Infinity War one is obvious.
Well I've already starting peeling my eyes, but never mind.

23 minutes ago, bob said:
10 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Well I've already starting peeling my eyes, but never mind.

What episode are you on?

What episode are you on?
We've watched up to the mid season break. Waiting for the finale to air before we start the rest, as we like to binge watch them all in one go.

It has been confirmed that iZombie, Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will all be finishing next year.

The latter is back in September/October, the others in midseason (which seems to be anywhere from January onwards).

It's a shame as I like all those shows, but glad that they are finishing on their own terms and after a decent amount of years.

Hope that Gina Rodriguez manages to return to Brooklyn Nine Nine as well as I'm excited for her storyline in the season finale.  And the entire Jane cast needs to pop up on One Day at a Time (those who haven't already anyway).

It's like whoever's in charge of renewing shows at The CW asked, "what are our best shows? Okay, cancel all of them."

Give them their due though, they stuck with them for 4/5 years and let them know it was their final season in advance. Most networks would have dropped them in the first season. 

Although there's nothing on their slate I'm interested in now, which is a shame as the UK Netflix deal is great. Perhaps I'll check out the Charmed reboot out of morbid curiosity. 

I'm fine with all three shows ending, it's just funny how they're all ending at the same time.

I guess The CW must have a lot of faith in their Charmed reboot.

Well one will end in December, another March and the other May... Probably 😋

The CW is also adding another night this year, but I'm guessing they're just expecting to pick up a lot of new shows next year to replace these. 

And I'm just hoping now that he's free again Rob Thomas will start working on that Veronica Mars miniseries.

Well one will end in December, another March and the other May... Probably
The CW is also adding another night this year, but I'm guessing they're just expecting to pick up a lot of new shows next year to replace these. 
And I'm just hoping now that he's free again Rob Thomas will start working on that Veronica Mars miniseries.
I just hope he does another collaboration with Santana at some point.

29 minutes ago, bob said:
10 hours ago, Ashley said:
Well one will end in December, another March and the other May... Probably emoji39.png

I just hope he does another collaboration with Santana at some point.

He can't. He was eaten alive by zombies. 

I finished Manhunt: Unabomber yesterday and boy is it a mess.  It's not an awful show, it just mediocre.  I could tell from the start it wasn't great but it was only 8 episodes so I thought I'd stick around.  Messy plotting, parallel timelines that just get dropped for a while, unengaging characters, terrible treatment of female characters and Sam Worthington is as engaging as a piece of undercooked unbuttered toast.

Wish I could have found a documentary instead.

Anyone watched Cobra Kai? First two episodes free on YouTube. It’s superb, a real blast of nostalgia and fun to see a slight flip in the protagonist and antagonist from the first film. 

The Expanse has been revived for another season. 

• Thanks 1