NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

On 2017-03-02 at 9:09 PM, Magnus said:

I like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...

I take this back. I watched the third season recently and thought it was awful. Now I'm questioning whether it's just the third season, or if the show has always been bad and I've only just noticed? Is my whole life a lie?

On 2017-03-02 at 9:09 PM, Magnus said:

On a different note, how great does the new DuckTales look?

I stand by this, though.

I only watched the first two episodes of this season of Kimmy Schmidt and wasn't feeling it.  It's never been hilarious, but used to find it entertaining at least.  Now...meh.

Yeah something felt off about the third season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It had its moments though.

I watched the Better Call Saul season finale on Tuesday and thought that was one of the best things I've seen. I can't wait for Season 4.

Season 3 took a while to get going, but Episode 6 when Titus is pretending to be Cork Rockingham is hilarious. 

As a whole it's probably not as good as the first two seasons though. 

• Like 1

I've really enjoyed Better Call Saul consistently. Gutted that the season has ended already!

Just finished watching all 12 seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix over the past few weeks. Amazing show. Kind of don't know what to do with myself now!

On 2017-6-22 at 10:33 PM, Magnus said:

I take this back. I watched the third season recently and thought it was awful. Now I'm questioning whether it's just the third season, or if the show has always been bad and I've only just noticed? Is my whole life a lie?

I stand by this, though.

I'm never sure what to think, generally I think it's pretty average but every now and then they'll be an episode that I love. I had to admit I did get a bit bored with Season 3 too. I watched the other ones properly but Season 3 ended up just being background noise for games and stuff after a few episodes. 

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who found the third season of Kimmy Schmidt subpar. I'd hate to think I've been recommending a bad show these past two years without realizing it, but maybe it really did use to be good at one point.

I really dislike how annoyingly hyper the show is the whole time, and I hate how the characters can barely go two sentences without spouting a non-sequitur. Some of which are funny, many of which aren't, and all of which get really tiresome. I also can't stand any of the characters - especially Tituss, who is just so awful and self-centered all the time and I just hate him so much.

The show was still funny from time to time, but eh. :blank:

• Like 1

@MagnusI think that's the main problem, the recent ones seem to try too hard to be crazy and hyper whereas it felt naturally weird the first few seasons. I also just think the series as a whole would have been better with a clear start and end. We never hear much about the bunker now (which makes sense as they've covered it) but now that it's over and the novelty of Kimmy being a stranger to this new world is over, it seems kind of lost on what to focus on. 

The episode at the end of season 2 where she found her mom was great, if they had one more episode after that just to tie everything up and ended it there I would have been happy. And yeah they ruined Titus a bit, he seemed to be growing as a character when he was with that boyfriend but spiralled back into Season 1 awful-ness afterwards. The old landlord is probably my least favourite character and I hate listening to her long dialogues. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Just finished watching all 12 seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix over the past few weeks. Amazing show. Kind of don't know what to do with myself now!

giphy.gif

Yes!!

I just finished watching it all again recently, absolutely love that show!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eddage said:

giphy.gif

Yes!!

I just finished watching it all again recently, absolutely love that show!

I'm trying to get @Goafer to start watching it next as I think it's humour is right up his street as well. I just found the first episode or so have a bit of a different feel to them (finding their footing I guess), thats why it took me so long to actually watch the show properly. I watched the first episode years ago, possibly when it first aired but decided it wasnt for me.

Is anyone watching iZombie?  Finished its third season this week (available on Netflix).

Spoiler

Ended by completely upending everything and going from a small-scale issue to a global one.  Looking forward to seeing where they take it next season, just hope it gets a few more episodes to breath as the pacing has been off this season (presumably because Rob Thomas thought he'd get extended from the 13 episodes but wasn't). 

I plowed through seasons one and two of iZombie, but man I just do not care any more in Season 3. It's repeating the same trope and it annoys me that it's one rule for one character and another for another. And there's too much CW love triangle crap. I haven't gotten past episode 3 or so, should I try again?

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

I plowed through seasons one and two of iZombie, but man I just do not care any more in Season 3. It's repeating the same trope and it annoys me that it's one rule for one character and another for another. And there's too much CW love triangle crap. I haven't gotten past episode 3 or so, should I try again?

It starts off slow and then seemingly when they found out they weren't getting a back order things sped up.

The romance elements remain because it's a CW show, but it ends by flipping things on its head so maybe worth giving it a go?

It gets more and more Veronica Mars as it goes and that's what everyone wants, right?

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

It starts off slow and then seemingly when they found out they weren't getting a back order things sped up.

The romance elements remain because it's a CW show, but it ends by flipping things on its head so maybe worth giving it a go?

It gets more and more Veronica Mars as it goes and that's what everyone wants, right?

That would depend on what season of Veronica Mars you are referring too.

15 hours ago, Jon said:

That would depend on what season of Veronica Mars you are referring too.

Any. Still better than a lot of dross out there and certainly better than what they replaced it with.

Also the movie, if for no other reason than there's alcohol involved 😋

Finished Orange is the New Black season 5 today.  An interesting experiment, although it probably would have been better with half the episodes or shorter episodes.  Danielle Brooks killed it though.

On 07/07/2017 at 7:06 PM, Ashley said:

Finished Orange is the New Black season 5 today.  An interesting experiment, although it probably would have been better with half the episodes or shorter episodes.  Danielle Brooks killed it though.

My wife and I finished Season 5 yesterday and I thought it was pretty bad :hmm:

Spoiler

Around episode 3 or 4, I was just hoping the riot would be over as I was already growing tired of it and how it felt like it was limiting any decent storylines. Unfortunately, it lasted the entire series and ended without satisfaction :sad:

3 hours ago, nekunando said:

My wife and I finished Season 5 yesterday and I thought it was pretty bad :hmm:

Season 5 (Hide contents)

Around episode 3 or 4, I was just hoping the riot would be over as I was already growing tired of it and how it felt like it was limiting any decent storylines. Unfortunately, it lasted the entire series and ended without satisfaction :sad:

Spoiler

I knew going in it would last all season (they announced that a few months ago), but yeah it could have been shorter. I do wish they hadn't done another cliffhanger though.

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:
  Season 5 (Hide contents)

I knew going in it would last all season (they announced that a few months ago), but yeah it could have been shorter. I do wish they hadn't done another cliffhanger though.

Spoiler

I knew nothing going into Season 5 but was disappointed by the route they took. A lot of the scenarios, particularly the 'talent show' felt ridiculous!

The cliffhanger wasn't particularly strong with my wife and I both sighing 'Is that it..?' as everything faded to orange!

My only hope, and this feels unlikely, is that either Piper or Alex (preferably both :grin:) get shot as their turbulent on-off romance just isn't interesting and it feels like the show has progressively moved on from them and their presence becomes increasingly irrelevant. Piscatello hearing Alex talking with Red about the body she buried in the garden could have went somewhere.. but obviously not now!

Has anyone here seen The Leftovers? One of @Eenuh's family members gave us the boxset for season 1 and 2 and I just loooooove it. Season 2 in particular is incredible. Any other fans here?

• Like 1

Rick and Morty continues to be the funniest show I've ever seen on television. :laughing:  

Can't wait to see how Season 3 unfolds.

Edited by drahkon