NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Mr Robot gets dumber with every episode.

I only got to the first episode of season 2. Granted I was drunk whilst I watched it but I was very bored.

Giving Gotham Season 2 another go (hated Barbara so much I couldn't really stomach it) and it's really good! They really build an awesome Batman-esque atmosphere, creates a gritty comic-book world better than most.

Did just have to laugh at an episode though where five cops died, but Jim only felt bad about one of them because she had a name and a speaking role. That cop even got a funeral scene whilst presumably the other four were shipped off to the incinerator in cardboard boxes. Wonder if there's a TV Trope for that....

Edited by Shorty

Well there's 'put on a bus' which is where a character just disappears or goes somewhere and never come back. Maybe that?

Bake Off has gone to Channel 4 :o

Well at least I won't need a TV license to watch it on demand next year....

Urgh. They probably won't be able to get Mel, Sue or even Paul and Mary to go with it, meaning it'll be completely different. It's basically Top Gear all over again.

Well since they wanted £25mil from the BBC which they didn't get, then Ch 4 jumped in and bought a 3 year deal, Bake Off can probably afford to lure those guys away...

Edit: welp, I stand corrected.

Edited by Shorty

Watched the first (and so far only) two seasons of UnReal recently.

It's ridiculous and trashy as hell but entertaining enough if you ignore ridiculous plot contrivances. Plus I do like Constance Zimmer, who is a good actor and has a great name.

Urgh. They probably won't be able to get Mel, Sue or even Paul and Mary to go with it, meaning it'll be completely different. It's basically Top Gear all over again.

[tweet]775719595097387008[/tweet]

When the BBC finally lose Match of the Day for good, that'll be the end of my tv licence. It's the biggest con going.

I don't have my TV cable box hooked up and don't have a license. I only watch netflix and catch-up TV. I can watch other standard channels online on catch-up without a license. iPlayer has now changed to be under the TV license umbrella.

Why aren't you all watching Halt and Catch Fire?

Third season just wrapped and it was phenomenal. A great character driven show.

Plus it shows people playing Mario!

It never actually came out over here...

But all three seasons are on Prime.

Plus I've mentioned it numerous times in this thread so really it's on you.

Rewatching X Files at the moment now I've got the blu ray collection, still such a good show! They've done a good job with the blu ray as well. I'm only on the first season still but it's nice and crisp compared to the murkyness of the original releases.

Just watched the first and so far only episode of Taboo. That was intense, extremely beautiful and interesting. If they keep this production value and level of mystery, this will be a good ride through winter! Highly recommended.

The Daily Show, with Trevor Noah.

What is up with that? He/the show is a 1 trick pony only bashing Trump. That got old after about 15 minutes, but he's still doing it!

Put that guy out of his misery and cancel the show.

Watched the first episode of Black Mirror just now.

It was brilliant. And worryingly real...

Just seen the trailer for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 3, and really looking forward to it. Thing is, I can't work out if it's actually really good, or if I only like it because I'm weird?

Does anyone else watch it? What's the general consensus?

I watch it but mostly because it's their. It has good moments, but mostly it's just bubblegum.

I like it, especially because Ellie Kemper is adorable. But I only make the effort to watch a few shows, and comedies aren't a priority. I occasionally watch when my brother's watching.

Let's hope we get the Bunny and Kitty spin-off starring Dean Winters and Will Arnett.

I like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but the best sitcom on Netflix by far is Bojack Horseman. No other sitcom makes me want to kill myself quite so much.

On a different note, how great does the new DuckTales look?