NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

I've been slowly working my way through Breaking Bad on Netflix. Just finnished watching the fourth season.

Also been watching Bob's Burgers once I saw it was airing on E4 at 2:00am or so.

Fringe:

Season 1: Really good

Season 2 Episodes 1-18: Filler

Season 2 Episode 19: A re-done cliffhanger from season 1. It looks like we may finally get some continuation.

Season 2 Rest: Great episodes

(Due to the amount of filler, I stopped here, until I was told that Season 3 was actually much better)

Season 3: The whole thing is absolutely brilliant

Season 4: Starts off feeling "wrong", you slowly come around to it but it never reaches the quality of season 3

Season 5: Starts of great, then you realise that that plotline will be the entire season and it's extremely obvious how it will end. It would have been much better as a 3-parter at the most. I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

My least favourite part of Fringe is the first 10 or so episodes. The John Scott Arc. The show wasn't really sure what it was and took a while to find its feet.

Season two seems a bit filler-y but after watching the whole show and going back they fit into later storylines.

You're right about season 3. Just amazing.

I agree on four as well. It was a bold move and feels odd and wrong but again on rewatches works better.

Season five could have been shorter but the last two episodes more than make up for it.

I have been leaning towards 'comfort' shows, as I cannot watch Game of Thrones. beasted through The Good Wife, then switched to Suits for some more lawyer action (far more pompous), and now back to The Unit -- I don't know why but the theme tune is one of my favourite ones. The show itself is obvious and in many ways dull, but it's like a really good andy McNab or Tom Clancy show where you have a secret unit of soldiers who are like elite boy-scouts.

Circling back to Chuck a bit, one of my favourite lines/episodes:

tumblr_m5ok2ttfjv1qzjdybo1_500.png

I miss this show!

I've been slowly working my way through Breaking Bad on Netflix. Just finnished watching the fourth season.

Also been watching Bob's Burgers once I saw it was airing on E4 at 2:00am or so.

Man, I literally loved season 4..Absolutely brilliant :)

The Comeback is returning for six episodes after ten years off the air. Yeeeeeess!

Planned from the start?? Seems pretty perfect to the concept/title :p

Although it ruins the joke on the DVD box art:

ComebackS1.jpg

Circling back to Chuck a bit, one of my favourite lines/episodes:

tumblr_m5ok2ttfjv1qzjdybo1_500.png

I miss this show!

You just made me sad, still bitter sweet over the ending :(

It's the last episode of The Trip to Italy this week. Loved the Frankie Howerd impressions, "Roger Moore" (Steve Coogan) singing Alanis Morissette and the banter when they were trying to impersonate Marlon Brando.

Also watched The Guess List last night and can't remember when I've laughed harder.

Along with Arrow (having a third season confirmed a while ago), Flash, Gotham, Constantine and iZombie have been picked up for a first season. That's awesome and insane.

Working my way through quirky shows on the Netflix. Numb3rs is done. Now getting reacquainted with Reaper.

Working my way through quirky shows on the Netflix. Numb3rs is done. Now getting reacquainted with Reaper.

Watched the first two seasons of Numb3rs. Does it pick up at all or is it pretty much the same for the next few seasons?

Reaper is great.

Watched the first two seasons of Numb3rs. Does it pick up at all or is it pretty much the same for the next few seasons?

Reaper is great.

I would say it gets better but it stays consistent generally. The over-reliance on Charlie's math skills does seem to get annoying, but I've gotten used to this sort of practice watching the Mentalist and Castle.

The Comeback is returning for six episodes after ten years off the air. Yeeeeeess!

Whoa - didn't see that coming! Loved The Comeback. :yay:

OH MY GOD CASTLE!* YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT!

The moment you see a shot of a main character in a car with a clear view out the side window, you know something awful is going to happen.

*show, not character.

Also, I watched the last two episodes of Warehouse 13. Apart from some silly romance, a nice ending. Mark Sheppard is always fun to watch, too.

Well, I sure am glad that there are no more season finales this week which could have shocking cliffhangers or deaths of great characters.

I've been working my way through old episodes of Chuck again, such a great show; one of my all time favourite. It still pains me how they chose to end it.

I'm nearing the end of season 2! It's great so far!

Been watching the danish the Killing on netflix. got one ep of the first season left... considered the time (past midnight) and figured that due to how each episode has been so GNNNN AAAAA IIII OMG 19 times so far, it would be foolish to watch the finale without having the time to watch s02e01. Season 2 only seems to have 10 episodes, but there's also an american version of the show to look forwards to.

Available on netflix! WAY above par. Police-investigating-a-murder stuff. Your opinion of pretty much ALL the characters will change at least once. Great storywriting. Definitely recommend it.

Been watching the danish the Killing on netflix. got one ep of the first season left... considered the time (past midnight) and figured that due to how each episode has been so GNNNN AAAAA IIII OMG 19 times so far, it would be foolish to watch the finale without having the time to watch s02e01. Season 2 only seems to have 10 episodes, but there's also an american version of the show to look forwards to.

Available on netflix! WAY above par. Police-investigating-a-murder stuff. Your opinion of pretty much ALL the characters will change at least once. Great storywriting. Definitely recommend it.

Because that kind of thing fascinates me, I took a look at Netflix UK's translation; it's good, but it sometimes lacks some nuances.

May be unavoidable I guess, but story-wise I don't think anything is lost in translation. I finished the first season and half-way through the first episode of the 2nd. Doesn't grip me yet.

Oh, no, not at all; it's definitely a great translation. It's probably just that I'm critical of translations in general. :heh:

Arrow, SHIELD and... Masterchef... all finished this week. Now what am I meant to do all week??

Fuck me! Just watched the end of season 2 of Chuck. That was fucking awesome!