NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Just finished watching Chuck man that ending what a great show though made all the better by a fantastic supporting cast.

Just finished watching Chuck man that ending what a great show though made all the better by a fantastic supporting cast.

I've suggested it many times to @Mokong as I'm certain that he'll like it. The show is just the perfect mix of action, comedy, romance and drama.

I've suggested it many times to @Mokong as I'm certain that he'll like it. The show is just the perfect mix of action, comedy, romance and drama.

Yes it really is so fantastic. But MAN that ending....still not over it. @Mokong watch it NOW! In fact anyone who hasn't get on it now!

Sarah would some how have her memory restored. I'm usually a fan of open endings but this was sooooo sooooo sad that I can't quite believe it. I think it's heavily hinted she is still in there and that they have a future together but was still a punch to the guts that Chuck couldn't find any other way to solve things.

And guest stars from the geek spectrum.

God yes like when....

"Sarah Connor" kills "He Man" and then dates "James Bond"

In my head, after the credits she began getting her memories back and within a few months everything was back to normal. They probably had another wedding because Chuck (the character) is like that.

Or when Chuck was dating Lana Lang and Sarah was dating Superman

In my head, after the credits she began getting her memories back and within a few months everything was back to normal. They probably had another wedding because Chuck (the character) is like that.

I do feel there were enough hints that she is still in there. It's interesting there have been these small rumours of a Chuck Movie they could easily not directly address this, as it would just have them back and happy etc...and it could be either way she rebuilt new memories, fell back in love whatever.

Or when Chuck was dating Lana Lang and Sarah was dating Superman

Yup on the topic of Routh...I do not understand why they didn't have him be the one who wiped Sarah would have been much more interesting than the late introduction of this Quinn who wasn't the best villian in the show by a long shot.

Bit at a lose what to watch next! My list of shows I've not watched at all is:

Arrow

Agents of Shield

Twin Peaks

The Prisoner

Game of Thrones

True Detective

Hannibal

Dexter

Fringe (up to Season 2)

plus I have all of Walking Dead Season 4 to catch up on. Are there any shows like Chuck? Burn Notice is kind of a geeky spy show right?

Out of the ones I've seen, I'd say that Agents of SHIELD is the closest to Chuck. It links in well with the other Marvel films, too (especially the latest episode, which should not be watched if you haven't seen Captain America 2).

It would be awesome if Agents of SHIELD got Fandral on the show.

Edited by Cube

Dexter has Sarah and Tang in it, so they're basically the same show.

Well I think I will give Dexter another try I watched the first episode maybe the second and then left it for dust.

Fringe is bloody great. The attention to detail is amazing and a lot is only noticed on re-watches. Also has one of my favourite finales of recent years. It was literally made for the fans.

Fringe:

Season 1: Really good

Season 2 Episodes 1-18: Filler

Season 2 Episode 19: A re-done cliffhanger from season 1. It looks like we may finally get some continuation.

Season 2 Rest: Great episodes

(Due to the amount of filler, I stopped here, until I was told that Season 3 was actually much better)

Season 3: The whole thing is absolutely brilliant

Season 4: Starts off feeling "wrong", you slowly come around to it but it never reaches the quality of season 3

Season 5: Starts of great, then you realise that that plotline will be the entire season and it's extremely obvious how it will end. It would have been much better as a 3-parter at the most. I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Nothing in your list is as good as Chuck. Prepare for disappointment.

lol that's totally how I feel. I am still not over the ending....and the journey along the way was fantastic.

Currently watching Parks and Recreation and man, what a show. Undoubtedly the funniest show I've watched (maybe ever) and the variety of characters is simply brilliant. Highly recommended and better than U.S Office imo.

Currently watching Parks and Recreation and man, what a show. Undoubtedly the funniest show I've watched (maybe ever) and the variety of characters is simply brilliant. Highly recommended and better than U.S Office imo.

See I cannot watch it because it's presented as a mockumentary yet forgets its meant to be filmed as such. Constant shots over the heads of people and the reverse shot showing no camera man. If it was documentary those cameramen would be present as things would be shot as they actually happened...it needs to be single camera.

Plus, how are you supposed to know when to laugh without a laugh track?

Twin Peaks

Game of Thrones

True Detective

Nothing in your list is as good as Chuck. Prepare for disappointment.

Can't tell if you're serious or not. Oo

On the subject of great TV, I finished my latest rewatch of Firefly (and Sernity) last night. Still a brilliant show.

You mean it hasn't changed?

I mean I still haven't got bored of it after so many viewings.

Ah good. Glad to hear that these things stay put when you're not watching them. Like the light in the fridge, or a gif that goes off the edge of the screen.

The light in your fridge actually turns orange when you close it.