NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

This is Arizona: "MY LEG MY LEG I MISS MY LEG WHY DID YOU TAKE MY LEG WAH WAH IT'S SO HARD TO LIVE WITH ONLY ONE LEG."

Callie should have just let her die.

Although it's a different sort of show from ER, you never got the sense; even after 15 seasons that ER was just doing things for the sake of it. What else can Shonda pull out her ass to end a season. She's making Seattle out to be Helmand Province.

Although it's a different sort of show from ER, you never got the sense; even after 15 seasons that ER was just doing things for the sake of it. What else can Shonda pull out her ass to end a season. She's making Seattle out to be Helmand Province.

Does Seattle get earthquakes? In the thrilling tenth season - and likely series - finale, Seattle Grace comes crashing down as it's revealed that the hospital was built right on top of a fault line!

Or, more likely, an ancient Indian burial ground.

Does Seattle get earthquakes? In the thrilling tenth season - and likely series - finale, Seattle Grace comes crashing down as it's revealed that the hospital was built right on top of a fault line!

Or, more likely, an ancient Indian burial ground.

An Earthquake would be a bit mundane by Shonda's standards. What about an alien invasion?

An alien invasion and the apocalypse. It will likely be the series finale, after all.

Ugh, I feel so emotionally drained after watching the entire season 4 of The Big C in one night. Four hours of watching someone die of cancer. :blank:

Season 4 felt like a return to form for the series - I really wasn't a fan of season 3. It was kind of funny how they just retconned out the third season finale and dropped all of the stupider storylines.

So... I didn't want to make a thread specifically for this post, but I guess this thread can house it.

Did anyone watch the Shocking Bodies last night. The man with the 10 stone testicles.

So... So weird. But I couldn't turn the channel. Wanted to see how the surgery would go and if he'd survive it. Fortunately he did. I was just watching it cringing, hoping that shit never happens to me.

anyone else catch it?

Does anyone else watch Burn Notice? yeah its a bit cheesy and over the top, but it feels very 80's almost A-team like, and well Bruce Campbell so that instantly makes it awesome

FYI to you Brits

the Dublin Gangland drama Love/Hate is showing on Channel 5 now.

They started showing it 2 weeks ago I just forgot to post here :heh:

But you can catch up on episodes using 5 On Demand

From what I see on that page it seems Channel 5 air new episodes Wednesdays at 10pm and repeat them Fridays at 9pm.

I recommend it, it's a good watch (also curious to see if anyone here has trouble understanding Dublin accents and Irish slang :heh:)

@ReZourceman I remember you posting that you wanted to see it back when RTE first aired it and being upset you couldn't watch it... if you've not seen it yet nows your chance :wink:

Channel 5 Trailer

tumblr_mr7weujPZN1szpc6lo1_500.pngtumblr_mr7weujPZN1szpc6lo2_500.png

Such a wonderfully meta moment.

They always seem to get stuff like that in the show just before it gets cancelled.

It would be awesome if it turned out that Jake was actually voiced by Billy West doing a John DiMaggio impression.

Edited by Cube

Currently watching the last season of House.

Three episodes to go.

Can't believe it will end. First broadcast in Germany was in 2006. I've watched it since. Have always been late with the series (apart from the first season), because I've kept waiting for the DVDs to release in my country and that always took quite some time.

Now, seven years after I've seen the first episode...the end is near. :(

My favourite TV show.

20130812_233420.jpg

:cry:

Edit: And it's over.

Wilson and House.

Edited by drahkon

I might loss a fair few nerd points for admitting this but up untill last week I had never seen the TV show FIREFLY before, nor the film SERENITY....

... but I've just earned those nerd points back as I've just finished finished watching all 14 eps and the film Serenity.

I have no idea what took me so long to get round to seeing it as I've always been told/read good things about it. But for some reason I just kept putting off :(

Oddly I actually almost watched Serenity before I saw Firefly.

Must have been round the time it first released on DVD, I had actually not yet heard of Firefly at teh time, but saw Serenity in a shop and picked it up as it looked interesting and almost bought it. For some reason I didn't. Was a good while before I found out it was teh final part to a TV show I hadn't seen yet. Almost so very almost bought it on multiple occasions.

Somehow I guess it was fated that I would find out eventually about Firefly and that Serenity was the final part of it so knew then not to watch Serenity before watching Firefly...still it took me long enough haha.

SO GLAD I have seen it now.

LOVED THE SHOW.

It was only 14 eps long (though the first was feature lenght which was awesome) and just got better with each episode. The characters were great, interesting and good story the cast gelled so well together and the comdey moments worked so well with whatever serious stuff might have been going on around it.

How did such show got cancelled after one season is beyond me :( (Poor ratings yeah.... but gah... ggrrr...*unable to express feelings*)

Why is it always the good shows that get cancelled way too soon :cry:

Serenity was great too, finished up things nicely (yet could have held the door open for a series revival...shame that was the end of it)

My gods frakking damnit, Book and Wash dying.... NOOOOO.... Book I kinda had a feeling given how he wasn't on the ship anymore and then his brief little scene, I could see bad things happening to him. But WASH.... NOT WASH :cry:

For a moment, knowing this was the "final part" to the show I was starting to get worried everyone was gonna die :heh:

Thank frak I was wrong....though a few came close!

I am a little upset though that they never answered some of teh unexplained stuff about Book. Like that time he got shot and they asked an Alliance ship for help, who were gonna leave him but then they checked his ID card and all of a sudden it was like he was a VIP. And in ep 14 when the Bounty Hunter knocked him out and Simon saw him and questioned it and the Bounty Hunter commented "He ain't no shepard".

I was hoping to find out who he really was... guess twas not to be :(

I think Serenity could actually hold up well on it's own too for anyone who'd not seen Firefly... but obviously it works best if you had seen Firefly.

EDIT

Oh yeah, is there a Blu-Ray collection that includes the TV Show & Serenity in the same set?

I'm looking on Amazon at the mo but can only see a Firefly set and Serenity seperate....

I'm sure cube or someone will come in and answer your questions about the show itself, but I'll ask you a question instead; are there any other shows you've been recommended but not been bothered to watch yet, for one reason or another - because you think the show doesn't sound good, or whatever? Do yourself a favour and list those shows here then go and watch them!

you'll not get a combined box set since the TV show is from Fox and the movie is from Universal

For a moment, knowing this was the "final part" to the show I was starting to get worried everyone was gonna die
:heh:

That's exactly why they killed him. It made the final part so much more tense.

All the main characters were there, and Whedon had already killed off someone, so you would presume that everyone was safe. Then Wash dies just like that, and all of a sudden you realise that Whedon could do anything with the rest.

A very upsetting but brilliant choice.

As for the cancellation, note that the first episode wasn't aired and the rest weren't in order. Fox really messed with the show.

As people have said, no box set due to different companies, and there are a few comic books (plus a few more coming up), the most important one is "The Shepard's Tale".

There's a comic book that focuses on Book's past.

Cheers, will have to look that up too so :)

you'll not get a combined box set since the TV show is from Fox and the movie is from Universal

Ah that's a shame, would have been nice to have it all in the one set, ah well *goes to Amazon*

As for the cancellation, note that the first episode wasn't aired and the rest weren't in order. Fox really messed with the show.

WHAT that just doesn't make sense... how in the hell did that happen? No 1st ep and the rest not in order.... kinda glad now I didn't watch them as they aired (though I guess they prolly didn't air this side of the atlantic anyway? :heh:

EDIT

Just checked the original air dates of each ep on Wiki.

Bloody hell it is a mess, it's a wonder anyone was ever able to follow the show. Was like Fox set up the show to fail from the start (especially by not showing ep1), did Whedon ever complain about Fox's handling of the show or anything?

Oh, joy. AMC is splitting the final season of Mad Men in half, so we'll get two seven-episode seasons a year apart.

I'm kind of just waiting for them to announce a Mad Men spin-off at this point.

Oh, joy. AMC is splitting the final season of Mad Men in half, so we'll get two seven-episode seasons a year apart.

I'm kind of just waiting for them to announce a Mad Men spin-off at this point.

About Bob Benson?

Caught up with Game of Thrones.

Have no idea what everyone is jizzing over.

You don't want to know, Daft. Some of us are into some freaky stuff.

Game of Thrones is good, though. You probably just didn't get it. :blank:

About Bob Benson?

Oh man, I would totally watch that! Now you've got me all excited.

There's a joke about 8 inches of Snow...but I'm not going to go there.

It was watchable but there's nothing to invest in. Great, all these people are vying for power. I'm not bothered who does what, I'm just there to watch it.

Also, Dexter this season has been awful.