NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

It wasn't thaaaaat bad an episode. Could have been done much better.

Kind of glad I binge watched this because the characters have become pretty boring.

Buffy has a lot to answer to.

Even my mom didn't like the musical episode, and she loves The Bold and the Beautiful. :p

TV shows where musical episodes don't work:

1) Serious late-night soaps about hospitals and life-or-death scenarios.

It could at least have been fun if they'd written their own songs, but Shonda Rhimes wanted to use music from past episodes. Which just seems masturbatory, because what normal person is actually going to recognize where the music is from when the show's been on the air for seven years? Oh, hey! It's that one song from that one episode from four years ago!

There's another equally ridiculous episode in season 8 (something to look forward to!), but at least that one doesn't have any singing. :heh:

Okay, yeah, it was awful. I guess I was just waiting for someone to die and it never came. I only recognised the Snow Patrol song at the start and I've pretty much watched the whole thing in the space of a month.

Anyone else looking forward to Arrow? Starts next week, I think. Sounds like it might actually be good.

ARR_24x36_Posterj.jpg

I can't take Arrow seriously simply because I burst into uncontrollable laughter whenever someone says they hope it'll be as good as Smallville.

Which probably isn't fair to the show, but The CW does seem to hope that this show will be the new Smallville!

Holy shitballz Smallville was crap.

Everything I've read about Arrow sounds miles better than that travesty.

Maaaan, Grey's is vindictive. They make Teddy SO happy before she finds out her husband died.

Seriously Shonda, Y U SUCH AN A-HOLE?!

Edited by Daft

Anyone else watching Cuckoo?

Fn, if not groundbreaking, comedy.

Was watching the second episode on the train earlier and became very conscious of the fact the person behind me could probably see Andy Samberg naked.

Is it better or worse than Cougar Town? :p

Maaaan, Grey's is vindictive. They make Teddy SO happy before she finds out her husband died.

She really should have known that he'd die the moment she realized she loved him.

Well, maybe she'll get a brain tumor and then they can be together forever!

Less wine and Abed than Cougar Town.

Plus they mentioned the Black Country, which surprised me. Don't hear about that area much (and most people think its a racist term for Birmingham...)

Edited by Ashley

I can't take Arrow seriously simply because I burst into uncontrollable laughter whenever someone says they hope it'll be as good as Smallville.

Which probably isn't fair to the show, but The CW does seem to hope that this show will be the new Smallville!

I'm guessing and it's just a hunch here but with Smallville being a show about a super hero and having a very successful network run and Arrow also being a show about a super hero, i'd imagine they'd also like a similar run to that.

Typically good Merlin last night. The sets and scenery are probably more spectacular than ever! Although only the 1st part of a 2-parter, it never lacked narrative drive.

Watched the A'murican Sherlock attempt 'Elementary', starring Johnny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Liu(sp?) as Watson.

Twas rubbish. Like a boring episode of CSI.

Twas rubbish. Like a boring episode of CSI.

Surely "boring episode of CSI" is redundant?

Anyway, that's what you get for watching a CBS show. :p

Very late to the party, but watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 of Boardwalk Empire... It's pretty darned incredible. Think I'll just buy the seasons and dedicate a few evenings to plowing through these.

Just watched to the first episode of Season 9 of Grey's.

Shonda Rhimes needs therapy.

And because of her, so do I.

Watched the latest episodes in Castle and I'm pleased to see it has resumed it's playful nature. I like it best when its being silly. :p

Shonda needs to decide what the fuck she's doing with Karev. Seriously, since the whole Izzy thing, he's had no decent story lines. His role is always tacked on to some other drama that Meredith or Callie/Arizona are having.

I just watched the first ep of Arrow.

First I must admit that Green Arrow is one of the few Superheroes I know nothing about other than his name and that he is DC.

Gotta say I was surprised when watching the show that he is bascially Batman had things gone differently :heh: Seriously does DC have any other billionaire superheroes I'm not aware of?

Also wtf is with the costume? He hides his face with just a hood and some green facepaint across the eyes? That is worse than Supermans "disguse" as Clarke.

The episode was alright, will give it a few more but will be surprised if it turns into more than a one season show.

Two questions to people; Wilfred and Burn Notice. I've been told that Wilfred is an Australian show that has been remade in teh US. Anyone have any experience with either/both?

Also I've been told that Burn Notice is good, but I have no idea why it should be, so I'm hoping someone here can argue the case.

I watched half of the first episode of Burn Notice yesterday. I looked good but I became bored, but I think that's because I wasn't in the mood for it.

The episode was alright, will give it a few more but will be surprised if it turns into more than a one season show.

It's on CW. It's basically guaranteed to have a billion seasons.

Two questions to people; Wilfred and Burn Notice. I've been told that Wilfred is an Australian show that has been remade in teh US. Anyone have any experience with either/both?

I watched the first season of Wilfred and didn't think it was anything special. But then again' date=' it's paired with [i']Louie[/i] which I also don't get, and that's critically acclaimed, so maybe it's just me.

And yes, it's a remake of an Australian show. The creator/guy who plays Wilfred in the original also plays Wilfred in the remake.

It's on CW. It's basically guaranteed to have a billion seasons.

tumblr_m1exrcd72h1r99f4t.gif

I'll let go when Kristen Bell does, and evidentially she has yet to :p

I watched the first season of Wilfred and didn't think it was anything special. But then again, it's paired with Louie which I also don't get, and that's critically acclaimed, so maybe it's just me.

And yes, it's a remake of an Australian show. The creator/guy who plays Wilfred in the original also plays Wilfred in the remake.

Finally admitting you have shit taste. Took you long enough.