NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

Reddit.

My username isn't exactly disguised.

If I had realised what exactly Reddit was when I signed up last year I would have gone for something like 'Vag_destroyer_2000' or 'Liberator_of_boobs'.

Guys. C'mon. Do we really need a 'I got x karma' thread on N-E? Karma means nothing and 99.9999999% of users will never see/know/care about your karma score, that doesn't mean you should come brag about it here instead.

I think reddit would be better off without karma scores.

Edited by Shorty

It would certainly stop a hell of a lot of reposts.

I can say this confidently because i am a redditor now.

My username isn't exactly disguised.

If I had realised what exactly Reddit was when I signed up last year I would have gone for something like 'Vag_destroyer_2000' or 'Liberator_of_boobs'.

Haha yeah I thought that when I found it; innocent enough.

*tags 'Vag_Destroyer_2000 and _Liberator_of_boobs' as Potentailly Charlie*

Wasn't sure whether this warranted its own thread in these parts but reddit co-founder Aaron Swartz committed suicide yesterday, top comments on the reddit post cite depression and facing 35 years in prison for sharing JSTOR documents on TPB.

Really sad, he was just my age, I appreciate the effort he put into building reddit.

Ridiculously imbalanced copyright laws are doing far more harm than good as usual.

I love reddit, have been on it every day for months now, but still haven't got my own account :p I just like seeing what's on the front page.

I also went on the actual website for the first time yesterday and it looks hideous, this whole time I've been using the app 'Alien Blue' on my phone to view it and it all looks a lot nicer on there.

EDIT: Though I still don't know what a cake day is and am scarred from the cumbox story

I love reddit, have been on it every day for months now, but still haven't got my own account :p I just like seeing what's on the front page.

I also went on the actual website for the first time yesterday and it looks hideous, this whole time I've been using the app 'Alien Blue' on my phone to view it and it all looks a lot nicer on there.

EDIT: Though I still don't know what a cake day is and am scarred from the cumbox story

Its yer birthday!

#burn

Am I doing it right?

As a general rule in life, if it's burning you're not doing it right.

The only subreddit I have any experience with is the Men's one, and even then it's only from people mocking the idiots who post there. So much sexism!

It's kind of put me off Reddit as a whole, though. Well, that and the horrible layout.

Anything that's genuinely funny and/or interesting tends to trickle down to Facebook/N-E after a while, anyway.

9GAG is a hellhole filled with old, stolen content and broken English, so I agree with you there. :p

Yeah, that subreddit is pretty disgusting. I mean geez, men discussing men's issues, what bastards!

Wasn't sure whether this warranted its own thread in these parts but reddit co-founder Aaron Swartz committed suicide yesterday, top comments on the reddit post cite depression and facing 35 years in prison for sharing JSTOR documents on TPB.

Really sad, he was just my age, I appreciate the effort he put into building reddit.

Ridiculously imbalanced copyright laws are doing far more harm than good as usual.

Horrendous. 35 years? For files? It's mind boggling that this sort of thing happens. I have no idea how but someone somewhere needs to make sure that rapists and murderers and child abusers and so on, do more time than file-sharers.

Yeah, that subreddit is pretty disgusting. I mean geez, men discussing men's issues, what bastards!

Nah, it's "men" discussing men's "issues". ;)

Nah, it's "men" discussing men's "issues". ;)

So you're basically saying that men don't have any real issues? Now that is not only ignorant, but also sexist...

Horrendous. 35 years? For files? It's mind boggling that this sort of thing happens. I have no idea how but someone somewhere needs to make sure that rapists and murderers and child abusers and so on, do more time than file-sharers.
Yea, attempt to share overpriced educational material, 35 years. Kill someone, 10 years....
/r/ithoughttheforumwasallaboutnewthreadsthesedays
The co-director of Reddit wasn't a celebrity, I was pretty sure as a thread this would have tanked or had plenty of people piping in about how irrelevant it was here (we get that from several people every time an actor dies). In fact, only getting one response so far in this thread, which should be full of people who saw this on the front page of reddit themselves, proves that....

The co-director of Reddit wasn't a celebrity, I was pretty sure as a thread this would have tanked or had plenty of people piping in about how irrelevant it was here (we get that from several people every time an actor dies). In fact, only getting one response so far in this thread, which should be full of people who saw this on the front page of reddit themselves, proves that....

It didn't necessarily have to be a condolences thread, it could have been about copyright laws.

Apart from the obvious (death sad, copyright laws booo) there isn't much left to say.

After months of lurking I finally got an account! One of my comments got 12 upvotes, now I'm obsessed

Sign in to follow this