NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Yakuza 5 announced - Tokyo Street Racing, Virtua Fighter 2(arcade) and Dance battles.

Game:

Story:

Looks great. They went full blown crazy on extra stuff to do. VF2 is the full version btw. Wonder what other Sega games are included. Snowball fights, cooking, bathing with girls, chicken racing,

tumblr_mamvz5DCnw1qa6ecl.jpg

stolen from neogaf (credit to SolidSnakex)

atdx1d.gif

aukxw1.gif

a2wxj6.gif

acext2.gif

6h2s1f.jpg

91vs2g.jpg

7rzs34.jpg

4yks4a.jpg

188sj1.jpg

Mini games: http://yakuzafan.com/post/31910365165/yakuza-5-minigame-explosion

1st Row:

Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master)

Virtua Fighter 2

2nd Row:

Snowball Fight

Chicken racing

Stand up comedy

Ramen Cooking

3rd Row:

Table Tennis

Slot Machine

Karaoke

Fishing

4th Row:

Baseball

Darts

Pool

Bowling

Fishing

UFO Catcher

5th Row:

Slot Machine

Slot Machine

Pachinko

Virtua Fighter Pachinko

Mahjong

Shogi

6th Row:

Roulette

Blackjack

Blackjack

Blackjack

Cho-han

Dice

7th Row:

Hanafuda

No idea

Fighting Arena

IF8R Virtual Arena

Golf Range

Purikura (Photo Booth)

8th Row:

Boxcelios

Hot springs

Edited by Choze

@Josh64 may be interested in this:

YakuzaandTaikonoTatsujin_zps8dd4485f.jpg

:p

Wow, that's awesome :D I've heard a lot about Yakuza, I may have to get it one day!

Sold me at 'Virtua Fighter 2'.

Yakuza has always been a game that's interested me, but the lack of a PS3 obviously doesn't do me any good. Thank god this generation is starting to die down now, things will be cheap as hell pretty soon!

Here is the old thread about it and this has insane mount of work has gone into this game but i don't think this game will come out over here giving Segas situation.

Well it's a good thing that Sony's main redeeming feature for me is not region locking their consoles.

So this will finally get localized next year.

I'd honestly given up hope. I'm not sure how big the market will be for digital-only PS3 games in 2015, but it can't do much worse than the previous games, I guess. :heh:

Yeah this looks cray, Virtua Fighter AND capping bears in the nuts - I'm in.

I'm not really into the Yakuza games, but that's damn awesome to see SEGA finally do right by their fans!

A ridiculously late localisation, but at least it's finally happening! Always good to see an unlikely localisation finally come about! :)

I only got into the Yakuza series recently (thanks to PS+) but it's quickly become one of my favourite franchises. :awesome: Absolutely loved Yakuza 4/Dead Souls, and cannot wait to get my hands on Yakuza 5! :yay:

Is everyone else that posted in here (although it's been quite a while :heh:) still hyped? :hehe:

Aren't these games supposed to be a continuation of the Shenmue style of gameplay? Downloaded 4 a while ago and it was cheesy as all hell.

Aren't these games supposed to be a continuation of the Shenmue style of gameplay? Downloaded 4 a while ago and it was cheesy as all hell.
Yeah, got a very similar vibe to Shenmue, the clunky controls, the QT events, the cheese etc... :heh:

In a world where gaming is getting more serious, refined and politically correct, Yakuza is like an old-school breath of fresh air. Incredibly silly and gamey fresh air, which I can't get enough of. :grin:

Yeah, got a very similar vibe to Shenmue, the clunky controls, the QT events, the cheese etc... :heh:

In a world where gaming is getting more serious, refined and politically correct, Yakuza is like an old-school breath of fresh air. Incredibly silly and gamey fresh air, which I can't get enough of. :grin:

Yeah I think it might have been the difference between my expectation and what I got that put me off it a little. Was expecting it to be some sort of super serious character drama, but the gifs above show more what it was actually like :heh:

All DLC included in Western release.

Lesser known about the western release of Yakuza 5 is that includes all the Japanese DLC, including “Another Drama” which is a series of extensive sub-plots that focus on each protagonist. Whether you are training for dance battles, ferrying people around as a taxi driver, or even helping out as a temporary ramen cook, there’s a whole world to explore! Head into CLUB SEGA and play some Virtua Fighter 2 with your friends over PSN. If you prefer to play something more rhythmic, you can check out Taiko no Tatsujin and drum to the beat of some music.

Finally, Yakuza 5 is now available for digital pre-order! Every pre-order comes with the Yakuza 5 “Fulfiller of Dreams” static Theme, featuring the five main characters in the game!

20231601973_ce6063d476.jpg

When is it released though!? :bouncy:

Still no date. I'm hoping for early next year as I wouldn't mind getting into the series and I want to start from the first game.

Still no date. I'm hoping for early next year as I wouldn't mind getting into the series and I want to start from the first game.
That's quite the catch up. :o

I'm happy enough having jumped in at Yakuza 4, as it features vids of events from the first 3 games (you even get a trophy for watching them ;)), but of course I'm not as into story as you are.

Just give me some fun gameplay and a bunch of crazy stuff going on, and it's all good. :awesome:

Anyway, cool that you might start playing them. Would like to hear your thoughts on the series. :)

*EDIT*

Part 3 of the Developer interview:

Edited by RedShell

Still gutted that there's still no Western Yakuza 0 PS4 release (or even announcement); it seems like a pretty ideal entry point for the series. What with it being the first chronologically and all.

Still gutted that there's still no Western Yakuza 0 PS4 release (or even announcement); it seems like a pretty ideal entry point for the series. What with it being the first chronologically and all.

I didn't even know that a prequel game even existed, that's interesting. :)

It's a shame that with all Sony's resources they couldn't find a way to make all of the Yakuza games playable on the one system, particularly with Playstation Now... what if they had a build up to Yakuza 5's release by adding a new game every couple of weeks a couple of months before the new game comes out, release the first two games - and Zero - on Playstation Now, then follow up with releasing 3 & Dead Souls on Plus with simultaneous release on Playstation Now so that those with a PS3 and PS4 get to experience the series.

There might be a flaw in this plan somewhere, but just a thought. : peace:

I was hoping the Asian release of Zero would have an English subtitle option but sadly not. It sounded quite cool as it was set in the 80s. :)

0 was released after Yakuza 5, so maybe let's wait a while before we assume the worst...

I was hoping the Asian release of Zero would have an English subtitle option but sadly not. It sounded quite cool as it was set in the 80s. :)
I'm starting to feel pretty confident it'll get released in the West eventually. Well, hopefully... If enough people buy Yakuza 5. :blank:

But yeah, I will play it at some point, even if it means importing and struggling through the Japanese version. :hehe:

Unfortunate that Akiyama doesn't appear to be in the game though, would've been the perfect character for a bit of disco dancing. :laughing:

Looks like a November release.

It’s been a while since we’ve talked about Yakuza 5, so we wanted to post a quick update on it. As you know, the digital pre-order lists “Dec. 31, 2015” as the release date. Fortunately, this is not the case – it looks like we’ll be releasing the game mid-November, if all goes to schedule.

Unfortunately, it’s a little later than we would’ve liked, and a few weird development bugs that popped up in localization caused the delay. Without getting too technical, there were just certain parts that didn’t like switching the Japanese text out for English, and we had to actually search through the source code to find a fix, taking more time than we expected. But! Everything is more or less back on track. Once we have details beyond just “mid-November,” we’ll make sure to share them!

Sign in to follow this