NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

All Wii U owners of Trine 2: Director’s Cut will get a -20% discount from Trine Enchanted Edition, so be sure to pick that up first if you don’t own it already! To celebrate the release, Trine 2 will also be available for the discounted price of $9.99 until April 2nd on the Nintendo eShop in North America.

It should be out before the end of the month.

To be honest, I'm not particularly keen on the idea of playing handheld games from GBA and DS on Wii U :hmm:

If you're not desperate to play it right now, I'd say wait for Nintendo's next handheld as I'd imagine it pretty likely you'll be able to download it on there. That's if you can stomach buying another Nintendo console again. You've changed :heh:

Tbh, I'm not a handheld gamer and don't really see myself buying the next one. Ine owns a 3DS but it never gets used.

I haven't changed that much, tbh. If all of the games that I'm playing were available on the WiiU and they were the best versions of that game (and other things, like if the hard drive space was larger or if there was something like PS+) then I'd be playing them there.

Gonna get Shantae and Mighty Switch Force 2 today (the latter mainly because it's just SO cheap). Looking forward to playing Shantae, after having spent a lot of time on MM3D, I really feel like getting into a new game so this is perfect. :)

From NoE's Twitter comes new info. Affordable Space Adventures launces April 9th in Europe.

I don't know why I bother at times. Anyway, here's this weeks releases.

Wii U Download Software

Mario Party 10, Nintendo – £34.99 (€39.99)

In Mario Party mode, ride together with other players in a vehicle as you round the board, competing for those precious Mini-Stars. Caged-up characters, sudden surprising events, and late-in-the-game comebacks abound – you can never predict how this party is going to end! No party’s complete without games, and Mario Party 10 is jam-packed with over 70 raucous new ones. Whether competing against everyone, or going toe-to-toe as teams, there’s rambunctious action in spades!

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, Nintendo – £17.99 (€19.99)

Uh-oh! Donkey Kong’s kidnapped Pauline, and only Mario can rescue her in puzzler Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars, available to download from Nintendo eShop for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS! Guide mini, clockwork versions of Mario and friends to the exits in over 80 increasingly-fiendish 2D puzzle stages! Build and share your own levels, or download new ones from other players. If you find a stage you like, you can even tip the creator with stars, giving them the chance to build even better stages in the future!

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars for Wii U includes a free download code for the Nintendo 3DS version and vice versa. The free download code will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on your receipt.

Special Offers (Wii U)

99 Moves, EnjoyUp Games – £1.34 (€1.49) until 16th April 2015, normally £2.29 (€2.49)

Abyss, EnjoyUp Games – £1.34 (€1.49) until 16th April 2015, normally £1.79 (€1.99)

Fit Music for Wii U, O2 Games – £12.40 (€14.90) until 16th April 2015, normally £24.90 (€29.90)

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland, O2 Games – £12.40 (€14.90) until 16th April 2015, normally £24.90 (€29.90)

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road, EnjoyUp Games – £4.49 (€4.99) until 16th April 2015, normally £5.39 (€5.99)

Turtle Tale, Saturnine Games – £1.65 (€1.99) until 2nd April 2015, normally £2.49 (€2.99)

Permanant Price Reduction (Wii U)

Cocoto Magic Circus 2, Bigben Interactive – £17.99 (€19.99), previously £24.99 (€29.99)

The price for mario vs donkey kong is disgraceful. A game I was nailed on to buy, now I'll wait for a sale. They really baffle me sometimes...

Wayforward's 25th Anniversary sale ends in a few short hours so if you haven't bought any of their discounted games you'd better hurry.

[TWEET]578360916464443392[/TWEET]

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward, €2.49 / £2.24 until 19th March, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward, €1.25 / £1.25 until 19th March, normally €5.00 / £5.00)

Shantae And The Pirate's Curse (WayForward, 12.74 / £11.99 until 19th March, normally €16.99 / £15.99)

This week’s European Nintendo Downloads are as follows:

Wii U Retail

Trine Enchanted Edition – €12.99/£10.99 (€10.39/£8.79 if you own Trine 2: Director’s Cut)

Wii U Download

Suspension Railroad Simulator – €7.99/£5.99

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man Zero – €6.99/£6.29

eShop Sales

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade – €3.14/£2.69 (Ends April 23, regular price €6.99/£5.99)

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues – €3.69/£3.33 (Ends April 23, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Color Zen – €2.24/£2.24 (Ends April 23, regular price €2.99/£2.99)

Color Zen Kids – €2.24/£2.24 (Ends April 23, regular price €2.99/£2.99)

My Style Studio: Hair Salon – €3.74/£3.35 (Ends April 23, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

99Seconds – €1.49/£1.34 (Ends April 23, regular price €2.49/£2.29)

Darts Up – €1.49/£1.34 (Ends April 23, regular price €2.49/£2.29)

TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition – €4.99/£4.49 (Ends April 9, regular price €7.99/£6.99)

Paper Monsters Recut – €3.29/£2.79 (Ends April 9, regular price €6.49/£5.49)

Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball (Add-on Content) – €2.49/£1.99 (Ends April 2, regular price €4.99/£3.99)

Let's hope for something good later today. Last week was poor again. Though I did download Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball. It's really good, the South Park table more so than the Butter's table. Trine Enchanted Edition is good though reviews are somewhat mixed and I'll wait for a sale. I wonder will it offer any hints of a Direct this week?

This weeks Nintendo eShop offers for the Wii U.

Special offers

Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive) - €2.49/£2.49 (Ends April 29, regular price €4.99/£4.99)

Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €7.99/£6.69 (Ends April 9, normally €11.99/£9.99)

Incoming Direct most probably.

This weeks Nintendo eShop offers for the Wii U.

Special offers

Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive) - €2.49/£2.49 (Ends April 29, regular price €4.99/£4.99)

Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €7.99/£6.69 (Ends April 9, normally €11.99/£9.99)

Incoming Direct most probably.

Let's hope so, dire week for WiiU

So Pandora's Tower is the first Wii game on the Wii U which allows you to play the game using a classic controller which will mean we'll get to see how they work using the GamePad. I'm still thinking that a Wii U OS update will be required to be able to do this and I'm hoping that this functionality will carry over to disc games.

Played some Affordable Space Adventures tonight. The game is absolutely stunning. I really wish there was far more of this gamepad gameplay in games, it's so much fun in co op. Still brilliant in single mind. Can't wait to play more!

And I've finally found a game my girlfriends loves! Well, actually she loved animal crossing and mario kart but still...

Edited by dazzybee

Played some Affordable Space Adventures tonight. The game is absolutely stunning. I really wish there was far more of this gamepad gameplay, it's so much fun in co op. Still brilliant in single mind. Can't wait to play more!

And I've finally found a game my girlfriends loves! Well, actually she loved animal crossing and mario kart but still...

I'm looking forward to that game. Have to hold off a bit due to Rumble World on 3DS, but as soon as I'm done, that and DK64 are mine!

Played some Affordable Space Adventures tonight. The game is absolutely stunning. I really wish there was far more of this gamepad gameplay, it's so much fun in co op. Still brilliant in single mind. Can't wait to play more!

Can't justify paying €20 for a 5 hour game regardless of how good it is. It must be the most expensive indie game on the eShop. Even critically acclaimed games like Shovel Knight and Trine 2 are no more than €15. You obviously got a review copy so it doesn't affect you. It's better getting 10,000 sales at €15 than 5,000 at €20. I think that price will put off a lot of people, myself included.

Edited by Wii

Have to admit that I was up for buying it until I saw the price. I'll get it eventually just not immediately.

Yeah, I think it is too expensive for what it is. Worth it if you can co op, but I'd definitely wait for a sale.

And yet people are happy to pay £40 for The Order: 1886, which is a linear, cutscene/quicktime event story that lasts 5 hours. Can't wait for Affordable Space Adventures, £15 seems perfectly reasonable to me.

And yet people are happy to pay £40 for The Order: 1886, which is a linear, cutscene/quicktime event story that lasts 5 hours. Can't wait for Affordable Space Adventures, £15 seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Maybe the same people WOULDNT be happy to buy that either.

Good that you're happy with the price though, it's really quite amazing. Will you be playing it in co op?

Can you prove that the same people who wouldn't pay £15 for Affordable Space Adventures WOULD buy The Order: 1886? Or are you just trolling again?

Or are you just trolling again?

It's him provoking. And quite frankly, I can't believe he gets away with it over and over again. :indeed:

Anyway, looking for a nice co-op game to play with my girlfriend (she doesn't really play video game except Mario Kart Wii twice a year). Affordable Space Adventures is on my list. Is it a game for noobs, @dazzybee? :D What I mean: Could my girlfriend get to grips with it easily?

Edited by drahkon

It's him provoking. And quite frankly, I can't believe he gets away with it over and over again. :indeed:

Anyway, looking for a nice co-op game to play with my girlfriend (she doesn't really play video game except Mario Kart Wii twice a year). Affordable Space Adventures is on my list. Is it a game for noobs, @dazzybee? :D What I mean: Could my girlfriend get to grips with it easily?

Our girlfriends sound similar, mario kart is the only game she'll play (she did have a mini stint on animal crossing), however much I try, she doesn't enjoy and can't play games.

But affordable space adventures hits the spot. At the minute it's simple enough, and she's loving it, I control the ship, she controls the levers and such. We're going to keep playing so I'll update you on how hard it gets, but trust me, if my girlfriend can play, anyone can.

Or, more accurately, your found a gave which you've not had to badger her into loving :)

Our girlfriends sound similar,

Almost too similar... ;)

£15 seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Especially when we all spent £12 on Dr Luigi.

Edited by david.dakota
Automerged Doublepost

Especially when we all spent £12 on Dr Luigi.

Dr. Luigi was awesome