NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

I knew there was a reason I bought a £25 eShop card on Saturday! :D

This means I can buy Resident Evil 4 AND Freedom Planet - finally! - which will leave me with £2.17 left to spare. : peace:

If only you had 82p more then you could get Family Games: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade!

If only you had 82p more then you could get Family Games: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade!

:blank:

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy???????? :cry:

I'll... I'll.. learn to live with myself one day. :(

So guys, the games that look interesting to me are:

1. Takken (I don't have that kind of game, so would want it to play with friends and family) - is it any good?

2. Pac Man 1 and 2, but I read the CGR review (the only one I've read) and he didn't like it at all, but the comments didn't really agree with him? So are these good games? He (CGR) is saying that they have stolen a lot ideas from Mario and I wouldn't want to make Mario less impresive when I play it, because of this. Is there a danger of that happening?

3. Rise of the Guardians - have no idea about it, I only heard about the cartoon.

4. ONE PIECE.... I wasn't to impressed with the review?

5. Ben 10 Omniverse looks nice for that price, but again, have no idea about it.

I have about 40-45 euros to spend on games (still thinking of getting Zelda WW for that :D), so that's why so many questions and I hope that somebody will be able to help.

Thx a lot :).

PS

I actually want Resident Evil 4 also, but I can't play it on my TV, so will I be able to play it on the pad and does anyone know how not remasterd Wii games look on the pad?

PS

I actually want Resident Evil 4 also, but I can't play it on my TV, so will I be able to play it on the pad and does anyone know how not remasterd Wii games look on the pad?

You can, seeing as it supported the Classic Controller.

Personally, I prefer the Wii remote controls. But that's the great thing about options.

They look decent, seeing as it's on a small screen.

Some text might look a bit small (I'm looking at you Xenoblade) But Resi 4 has pretty big text and HUD's, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm definitely getting it. One of the rare ports where the Wii controls seem to work better that the original controls, not that they were bad, but I suck at these kinds of games.

So guys, the games that look interesting to me are:

1. Takken (I don't have that kind of game, so would want it to play with friends and family) - is it any good?

2. Pac Man 1 and 2, but I read the CGR review (the only one I've read) and he didn't like it at all, but the comments didn't really agree with him? So are these good games? He (CGR) is saying that they have stolen a lot ideas from Mario and I wouldn't want to make Mario less impresive when I play it, because of this. Is there a danger of that happening?

3. Rise of the Guardians - have no idea about it, I only heard about the cartoon.

4. ONE PIECE.... I wasn't to impressed with the review?

5. Ben 10 Omniverse looks nice for that price, but again, have no idea about it.

I have about 40-45 euros to spend on games (still thinking of getting Zelda WW for that :D), so that's why so many questions and I hope that somebody will be able to help.

Thx a lot :).

PS

Tekken is very very good and well worth that price. Resident evil 4 is a must buy if you don't already have it.

As for the rest, I wouldn't bother, save your money, or buy some other games on the eshop!

You can, seeing as it supported the Classic Controller.

Personally, I prefer the Wii remote controls. But that's the great thing about options.

They look decent, seeing as it's on a small screen.

Some text might look a bit small (I'm looking at you Xenoblade) But Resi 4 has pretty big text and HUD's, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm definitely getting it. One of the rare ports where the Wii controls seem to work better that the original controls, not that they were bad, but I suck at these kinds of games.

Hmm, will think about RE 4, I think I will like it (started playing it, but stopped because the graphics was really bad). So, you tried Xenoblade? Does it look better than on HD TV?

Tekken is very very good and well worth that price. Resident evil 4 is a must buy if you don't already have it.

As for the rest, I wouldn't bother, save your money, or buy some other games on the eshop!

Oh man, such a big list and only one game that is good :(. But thx, it will save me money :). At least it's cheap so I will soon be able to get another game probably Zelda WW, because I want to have the case so it's a game I will probably go with disk.

Thx to both of you :).

PS

What about tha Family games? I don't really know if I will have use for it, but maybe to have it just in case as it is really cheap?

So, you tried Xenoblade? Does it look better than on HD TV?

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not talking about Xenoblade X.

Well, Wii games in general look better on a smaller screen, because they're not HD games.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not talking about Xenoblade X.

Well, Wii games in general look better on a smaller screen, because they're not HD games.

I asked about that before, so I hoped you have tried it. Yes, I get the logic :).

Btw., why do you buy games for the VC if you already have it for the Wii?

I asked about that before, so I hoped you have tried it. Yes, I get the logic :).

Btw., why do you buy games for the VC if you already have it for the Wii?

Convenience. And better loading times.

Metroid Prime Trilogy with better loading times is very nice!

Not Wii U but Wii realted, but Sonic 1 & 2 are being delisted.

[TWEET]659583019775209473[/TWEET]

This also applies to the XBLA versions.

Wonder if that's Japan only?

Sonic 1 & 2 have been de-listed and then subsequently re-listed from the JPN Wii VC once before...

I have a problem. I want to buy Tekken, but I don't have enough free space on my Wii U. Can I just buy the game, without installing it?

I have a problem. I want to buy Tekken, but I don't have enough free space on my Wii U. Can I just buy the game, without installing it?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can. Or delete something else? Can' you just whack in a HDD?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can. Or delete something else? Can' you just whack in a HDD?

I've tried it 4 times and it always sends me to settings. There is nothing I can delete (I have 15gb free, but need 15,7), as I have Splatoon and Rayman installed, and some smaller titles which I would preffer to keep till I finish them, but still I don't think I could delete enough to free the required space.

And yes, I don't have an external HDD.

Sadly I think you need to delete something to even buy it. As far as I know, when you go to buy it you will get a message saying you haven't got enough room.

Shoddy system, I know.

Sadly I think you need to delete something to even buy it. As far as I know, when you go to buy it you will get a message saying you haven't got enough room.

Shoddy system, I know.

That's what happend.

But I did manage to delete enough and have kept the saves (will play it after I get a HDD). It seems I had more than 15gb free, but the system didn't shaw the MB, only GB, so after I deleted about 250mb it freed enough space.

I've got the game :).

Thx.

Definitely the next thing will be a HDD and not a game.

Edited by Kounan

Developer confirms IARC system has now been implemented on eShop.

Now, a developer can release games on many different territories more easily. The system has been previously implemented on Google Play and FireFox Marketplace, but eShop is the first dedicated gaming channel to adopt this new system.

Note that the traditional age markings are not going away, IARC just makes it easier for digital publishers to sign up for them.

I got Slenderman because I heard a lot about it previously and apparently it's really scary. It's a nice price, dirt cheap, but having not played the PC one I don't know what problems are exclusive to the Wii U game...

The graphics look ok but a bit of an eye sore as there seems to be NO anti-aliasing. It also seems like a really unreliable port, the first time playing it froze two times on the 'new game' screen before it finally worked on the third (had to fully turn the Wii U off by holding down the power button for four seconds) - I haven't had problems like this with other games so I'm sure it's not my Wii U.

Also, the Wii Remote controls /would/ be ok but the frame rate drops all over place are awkward and make your torch 'stick' for a second or so. The whole time it just feels like you're playing it on low graphical settings on a crappy PC which kinda takes you out of the experience.

Disappointing that Resident Evil 4 isn't the HD edition. Theres been some great visuals improvements to that game over the years, especially PC and its a shane we Nintendo fans can't have a decent looking version.

5th of November Wii U eShop releases;

Wii U eShop

Electronic Super Joy (Broken Rules, €7.99 / £6.99)

Bike Rider UltraDX – WORLD TOUR (Spicy soft, €6.99 / £4.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX (Konami, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Medabots AX: Metabee & Rokusho (Natsume, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29 for each version)

Megaman Battle Network 5 Team: Colonel & Protoman (Capcom,GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Wii U Retail Download

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations (Little Orbit, €29.99 / £24.99) – Available from Friday 6th of November.

The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure (Activision, €29.99 / £29.99) – Available from Friday 6th of November.

Hello Kitty Kruisers (Bergsala Lightweight, €29.99 / £24.99) – Available from Friday 6th of November.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Nano Assault Neo (Shin’en Multimedia, €7.49 / £6.70 until 26th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 3rd December, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 3rd December, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99 / £3.59 until 3rd December, regular price €6.99 / £6.29)

SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios, €2.99 / £2.99 until 11th November, regular price €4.49 / £3.99)

Disappointing that Resident Evil 4 isn't the HD edition. Theres been some great visuals improvements to that game over the years, especially PC and its a shane we Nintendo fans can't have a decent looking version.

It is amazing how terrible it looks on an HD TV the first time you turn it on. I've got used to it now though, but it's a shame we won't be getting the HD port of it.

Bought the N64 version of Sin & Punishment and that plays great on the gamepad, and after all these years of trying i've finally completed it. Such a mental game, think i'll pick up the Wii version next.

Thursday 12th of November releases for the Wii U eShop;

Wii U eShop

Word Party (Lightwood Games, €12.79 / £11.99 until 26th November, then €15.99 / £14.99)

Wii U Retail Download

Rodea the Sky Soldier (NIS America, €49.99 / £39.99)

Affordable Space Adventures (KnapNok Games, €15.00 / £13.50 until 26th November, regular price €18.99 / £16.99)

Roving Rogue (Padaone Games, €5.99 / £5.39 until 26th November, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games, €4.95/ £4.45 until 10th December, regular price €7.99 / £7.19)

Wii U eShop Permanent Price Drop

Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio, €9.95 / £8.99, was €13.95 / £12.59)

Wii U Demo

Word Party (Lightwood Games, free)

Affordable Space Adventures (KnapNok Games, €15.00 / £13.50 until 26th November, regular price €18.99 / £16.99)

I know it's not a massive discount but something is better than nothing and it'd be a good way to support the developer while getting a bit of a deal.