NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

The icon they provide doesn't match how they do the Wii games though. It's a specific icon.

Plus, in the extracted title list, it apparently says The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, so...

I have no clue about this, but I am with you on this one :D :D.

Would look great on the Gamepad though.

So even the same version would look good on da pad? That actually would probably make me buy it.

Not gonna deny a HD TP re-release would tempt me back in, it's about time for another playthrough. I wonder if it'd be digital only to keep costs down and to satisfy those who want a slice of Wii U Zelda this Christmas as Zelda U is definitely gonna slip onto the next system.

Listings were discovered for Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Other M and Skyward Sword as well (presumably as Wii downloads).

I still think that TP HD is some sort of mistake/test/typo/whatever. Doesn't make sense to me to have a HD Remaster of TP and not Skyward Sword as well.

Also it doesn't really make sense from the standpoint of past Zelda remakes either. With previous remakes in the Zelda series, they specifically wanted to make them so that they could go back and make certain changes to things that the designers had regrets over. With Link's Awakening DX, it was colour. With OoT 3D, it was the Water Temple. With MM 3D, it was the lack of signposting and hints (as well as some of the bosses) and with Wind Waker HD, it was the Triforce Shard hunt and the sailing speed (ALTTP was a port, rather than a remake, and was packaged in alongside a brand new game so that doesn't count).

What big regret have the designers at Nintendo publically stated that they had about Twilight Princess? There isn't one (outside of the lack of orchestrated music, but that's hardly a reason for them to revisit the game really).

Perhaps a point could be made about there being a lack of a "definitive" version by virtue of the Wii version not including the option for traditional controls, but that's a pretty flimsy reason to justify the expense of a remake/remaster really when they could just re-release both in their original form and be done with it.

It's not like them to pump out outsourced re-releases at retail with boosted visual fidelity and nothing else. If they were going to do that to pad out the Wii U's release schedule, they would've already done that with the likes of Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (which they have instead already re-released in their original form as Wii downloads in various regions).

So, Twilight Princess has now shown up on the Japanese eShop database.

EDIT: DAMNIT @Dcubed! Stop Groudongating this!

And it's also listed as Twilight Princess HD...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181631205&postcount=217

Still not entirely convinced, don't wanna get my hopes up too much.

But I would be happy to eat humble pie on this.

Edited by Glen-i

So even the same version would look good on da pad? That actually would probably make me buy it.

TP looks terrible on a large screen, so it should look better (sharper?) on the small Gamepad screen. Maybe.

Also it doesn't really make sense from the standpoint of past Zelda remakes either. With previous remakes in the Zelda series, they specifically wanted to make them so that they could go back and make certain changes to things that the designers had regrets over.

Goat herding. And if they don't, they should.

Goat GET!

There is one clear, obvious wrong that they need to put right...

Shield control!

They took it out, that's a fact. And put the Mirror Shield in while you're at it, 'cos I bet you took that out too!

Perhaps a point could be made about there being a lack of a "definitive" version by virtue of the Wii version not including the option for traditional controls, but that's a pretty flimsy reason to justify the expense of a remake/remaster really when they could just re-release both in their original form and be done with it.

Remember that Nintendo really like releasing games to be as close to the original as possible.

Twilight Princess is in a bit of an odd situation where they know some fans will want the GameCube version, others will want the Wii version. So if they're going to combine the two, they may as well alter other things, too.

As for cost...it will probably be a "HD port" and not a remake or remaster. There have been loads on 360 and PS3, incredibly cheap to do.

It will probably be similar to this:

On the 22nd of October these hit the Wii U;

Wii U Virtual Console

Hogan’s Alley (Nintendo, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49)

Wild Gunman (Nintendo, €4.99 / £3.49)

Wii U Retail Download

Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft, €44.99 / £29.99) – Available from Friday 23rd of October.

Wii U DLC

Just Dance Unlimited 30 day access (Ubisoft, €6.99 / £5.49)

Just Dance Unlimited 90 day access (Ubisoft, €14.99 / £11.99)

Just Dance Unlimited 365 day access (Ubisoft, €39.99 / £29.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €9.99 / £7.99 until 5th November, regular price €49.99 / £39.99)

Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 29th October, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)

Spot the Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 29th October, regular price €5.00 / £4.49)

Sanatory Hallways (Wegenbartho, €5.99 / £4.99 until 10th November, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

At that price, I can't resist Resident Evil: Revelations.

You have it on Humble Bundle for less (8,73$ you will get that game, plus 7 other games and for 15$ you will get that plus RE: 5 Untold Storie Bundle DLC plus one game).

I get it (with time I will get a TV just for the PC, but first I need a better PC :D), just wanted to inform you as it is cheaper :).

So guys, I have now enough money for Zelda WW (which is the game I want), but, what are the chances (with your experience) that there will be some good offers on the eShop during Halloween and Christmas?

I know you can't know for sure, but a guess would be good :).

Thx.

So guys, I have now enough money for Zelda WW (which is the game I want), but, what are the chances (with your experience) that there will be some good offers on the eShop during Halloween and Christmas?

I know you can't know for sure, but a guess would be good :).

Thx.

There will be offers but probably none of them will include Zelda, if there was to be an offer then it would be on for this week surely as a new Zelda game is now out on the 3DS so logic would denote that they'd have a sale on the other games but apparently not. :blank:

Buy it, play it, love it. : peace:

It's a great game, well worth the money in any currency.

There will be offers but probably none of them will include Zelda, if there was to be an offer then it would be on for this week surely as a new Zelda game is now out on the 3DS so logic would denote that they'd have a sale on the other games but apparently not. :blank:

Buy it, play it, love it. : peace:

It's a great game, well worth the money in any currency.

Yeah, but I don't have many games, I don't have Mario Kart, Mario World 3D, Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3, Capt'n Toad, Lego Undercover, Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong, and many more, but these are the first I want to have from the games that are out (I want also Xenoblade, Fast Racing Neo) so even if I miss on Zelda now, but get let's say two of the games I have mentioned above, I would be happy.

Thx for the answer, so I can expect something :).

PS

I haven't finished Darksiders 2 yet, so that's the reason I am waiting with the new game, as I want to finish this one and play a bit more of Rayman.

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

Wild Gunman (Nintendo, €4.99 / £3.49)

I wonder if this was planned of if this is just a big coincidence - Wild Gunman was in BttF2.

I bought Teslagrad yesterday as part of the Runbow-deal - if you own Runbow then there is a discount on games that are featured in Runbow. I got it for 33 % off which is nice. This deal ends today so be quick if you want to use it.

Apparently these are coming next week...

Octodad: Dadliest Catch - €13.99

Freedom Planet - €13.99

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - €14.99

Finally! Shame things are a little hectic with other releases at the moment. It would have been perfect had it released when it was intended to.

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition heads to the eShop.

CSAPHlCWoAARrHk.png:large

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition will arrive on #WiiU #eShop on 29/10 and will have a 25% discount until 05/11.

And the Wii U eShop currently has OoT Forest Temple music. Brilliant.

Thanks, it was driving me mad trying to remember why it sounded familiar

I've been waiting a long time for Binding of Isaac. I hope it's worth it! (I'll get it on the 3DS rather than WIi U - it seems like the better fit.)

Edited by MindFreak

This week's haul...

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition (Capcom, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends November 5, normally €19.99/£17.99)

Leon S. Kennedy, formerly Raccoon City Police Department’s idealistic rookie cop, is now a U.S. agent with a top-secret mission to rescue the President’s daughter, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious organisation. Leon must begin his investigation with a trip to an undisclosed village in Europe, where he encounters a horde of unruly villagers who pledge their lives to Los Illuminados, the cult that perpetrated Ashley’s kidnapping. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out who – or what – is behind everything. (Can be played Off TV with Wii U GamePad buttons/sticks as it originally supported the Classic Controller)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis) - €14.99/£13.49

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. On his journey, Isaac will find bizarre treasures, face droves of strange creatures, discover secrets, and fight his way to safety. This remake comes with an all-new efficient game engine, new pixel-style artwork, polished visual effects, an all-new soundtrack, and hundreds of new designs, redesigns and enhancements.

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Trial version (Nintendo, available October 30) - Free

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Full game upgrade (Nintendo, available October 30) - €49.99/£39.99

In this chilling horror game for Wii U, the Wii U GamePad becomes the 'Camera Obscura', an arcane artifact that allows the holder to photograph ghosts. Players must use the Camera Obscura to fend off attacking spirits, and solve the mystery of the foreboding Mount Hikami. With Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water – trial version, you can sample the action from the game's prologue and first two chapters at no cost, before choosing whether to purchase all remaining chapters.

Freedom Planet (Galaxy Trail) - €13.99/£10.99 (€11.89/£9.34 if you downloaded the Event Preview, offers lasts until November 29)

Fight your way across the celestial world of Avalice where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the buttkicking! Freedom Planet is a cartoony, combat-based platform adventure that pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. Help Lilac and friends save their world from war in an engaging Adventure mode with fully voiced cut scenes, or skip the fluff and play each stage in order with Classic mode. Do you have what it takes to save Avalice from the wrath of Lord Brevon and his robotic minions?

Special Nindies@Home introductory offer until 29/11/2015 - 15% off for users who have already downloaded Freedom Planet Event Preview, as part of the Nindies@Home programme, on the same Wii U.

Slender: The Arrival (Blue Isle Studios) - €6.74/£4.79 (Ends November 5, normally €8.99/£6.39)

You're on your own. No one to come for you. No one to help you. No one to hear you scream. Slender: The Arrival is the official videogame adaption of Slender Man, developed in collaboration with Eric "Victor Surge" Knudson, creator of the paranormal phenomenon that has been terrifying the curious-minded around the world since its inception, with Mark Hadley and Blue Isle Studios.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Young Horse) - €11.19/£9.59 (Ends November 5, normally €13.99/£11.99)

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about his life. Octodad's existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family. In this sequel to the splash hit Octodad, our cephaloprotagonist has gotten himself in a bind between his wife’s mounting mistrust, and a disastrous trip to the local aquarium! Are you dad enough to control the titular octopus father as he strives to hide his nautical nature from his family while keeping his tangled tentacles intact?

Special offers

Ben 10 Omniverse (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)

Family Games: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €2.99/£2.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €14.00/£9.99 (Ends November 12, normally €54.99/£39.99)

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.99/£8.99 (Ends November 12, normally €39.99/£36.99)

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €15.00/£10.49 (Ends November 12, normally €34.99/£24.99)

Rise of the Guardians (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €4.99/£4.99 (Ends November 12, normally €19.99/£19.99)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €9.89/£6.50 (Ends November 12, normally €29.99/£19.99)

Canvaleon (OXiAB Game SAtudio) - €6.95/£6.29 (Ends November 5, normally €13.95/£12.59)

Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends November 5, normally €18.99/£16.99)

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital) - €9.99/£7.99 (Permanent, was €13.99/£12.99)

£39.99 for PZ Maiden of Black Water is a good bit cheaper than the retail version :)

Freedom Planet is legit BTW! Anyone who hasn't played the Nindies @ Home demo, do yourself a favour and check this one out! If you like the old school Mega Drive Sonic games, you'll like this one!

I knew there was a reason I bought a £25 eShop card on Saturday! :D

This means I can buy Resident Evil 4 AND Freedom Planet - finally! - which will leave me with £2.17 left to spare. : peace: