NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Freedom Planet delayed.

Noooooooooooooooooo...ooo..oo.o... :(

But at least they are doing the right thing by delaying it, game looks phenomenal just from the demo so it will be glorious when it's finally released. :)

I've got Darksiders 2, but I am probably going to play Darksiders on PC and then play the second part on Wii U.

Full release list for the Wii U eShop starting this Thursday 20th August;

Wii U eShop

The Bridge (The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild, €9.99 / £8.99)

ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions, €1.49 / £1.14 until 27th August, regular price €2.99 / £2.29)

Wii U Virtual Console

Wario: Master of Disguise (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99 / £8.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99 / £3.59 until 17th September, regular price €6.99 / £6.29)

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 17th September, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 17th September, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Freedom Plant delayed....AGAIN!

We received some sad news today: Our patch for the Wii U version of Freedom Planet didn't fix all of the freezing issues. In light of this, we are cancelling our launch for the time being. We're only going to announce a release date after the game is fixed and free of all issues not present in the PC version.

I understand that some fans out there were already upset at the last delay and that further delays would be the last straw, and to them I can only say that I'm sorry. I do not intend to deliver anything less than a 100% faithful and clean port, regardless of how long it takes.

If any of our new Wii U fans are interested in playing the PC/Mac/Linux version to tide them over, we'll keep you updated on any sales or bundles we may be involved with in the future. We also have several extra announcements coming later this month including for our planned character DLC, so stay tuned.

We're sorry again and thank you for your patience!

~ Stephen

I'm playing The Bridge now for a review. It's quite good - it's a bit short but the puzzles are excellent and the art style is nice. The sound is a bit boring but it still fits the gameplay rather well. If anyone needs a good puzzle game this is definitely a good choice. A bit expensive, though, about £5 would have been more appropriate.

From your perspective in that you seem to be mostly buying digital games due to the extortionate prices where you are on physical games - if I'm understanding your situation correctly - I would say that Darksiders II is almost certainly worth buying for £9.99 as it is a good game.

But go into it with the perspective that it will be a one-off enjoyable experience because sadly we won't be seeing any more games in the series as THQ went down the pan a while ago, I have both titles on the Xbox 360, otherwise I'd have considered this as well.

Also regarding Legend of Kay Anniversary, I have it, plan to review it but haven't unsealed it yet as I'm working on other reviews but I'll see about playing it within the next few weeks, by which time it will probably be cheaper anyway.

Hope this helps. : peace:

So, did you review Legend of Kay?

Btw. Darkseiders 2 is like a darker Zelda game. I like it :).

So, did you review Legend of Kay?

Btw. Darksiders 2 is like a darker Zelda game. I like it :).

Not yet sadly, still working on other reviews.

I'm glad to hear you like Darksiders II though. :)

The releases hitting the Wii U eShop this Thursday 27th August are thus;

Wii U Retail Download

Devil’s Third (Valhalla Game Studios, €59.99 / £49.99) – Available from Friday 28th August.

Disney Infinity 3.0: Play without limits (Disney Interactive, €19.99 / £16.49 until 5th September, normally €29.99 / £24.99) – Available from Friday 28th August.

Wii U eShop

Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut (Grip Digital, €7.99 / £7.19 until 14th September, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Life of Pixel (Super Icon Ltd, €9.99 / £8.99)

Stone Shire (Finger Gun Games, €4.99 / £4.20 until 26th September, regular price €7.99 / £7.00)

Wii U Retail DLC

DLC to be included with Devil’s Third from 28th August:

1 Golden Egg (€0.49 / £0.49)

10 Golden Eggs (€3.99 / £3.59)

25 Golden Eggs (€6.99 / £6.29)

50 Golden Eggs (€12.99 / £11.69)

100 Golden Eggs (€19.99 / £17.99)

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko, €4.99 / £4.49 until 3rd September, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games, €1.99 / £1.65 until 17th September, regular price €2.99 / £2.49)

Quite looking forward to playing Q.U.B.E., anyone know of it's quality?

So no special offer fo Devil's Third? I want that game, but I dont't think I am going to get it this year.

Raymen Legends on sale on 3rd of september. 11,99 euros, I am going for that :).

Release list was a little later than usual for this Thursday 3rd September;

Wii U eShop

Runbow (13AM Games, €11.89 / £9.34 until 3rd October if you downloaded the Nindies@Home demo, regular price €13.99 / £10.99)

Gunman Clive HD Collection (Hörberg Productions, €3.99 / £3.59)

Wii U Virtual Console

Sin & Punishment (Nintendo, N64 VC, €9.99 / £8.99)

StarTropics (Nintendo, NES VC, €4.99 / £4.49)

Zoda’s Revenge: StarTropics II (Nintendo, NES VC, €4.99 / £4.49)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discount

Rayman Legends (Ubisoft, €11.99 / £9.49 until 10th September, regular price €29.99 / £23.99)

Master Reboot (Wales Interactive, €5.99 / £4.99 until 1st October, regular price €11.99 / £9.99)

BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX, €0.50 / £0.45 until 30th September, regular price €1.49 / £1.29)

BLOK DROP X TWISTED FUSION (RCMADIAX, €1.00 / £0.90 until 30th September, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

TABLETOP GALLERY (RCMADIAX, €1.49 / £1.39 until 30th September, regular price €4.49 / £4.09)

Never Alone (E-Line Media, €9.99 / £8.59 until 17th September, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)

Sin & Punishment is not HD, isn't it?

Not the N64 version, but the Wii release entitled Sin & Punishment: Star Successor is also on the eShop (not HD either, but one hell of a game).

Thx, so nothing for me :).

I've got Rayman Legedns (took about 10 hours to download) and I didn't think I was going to like it, but I was wrong :).

Who has picked up Runbow then?

Will be getting my first taste of this tomorrow at my friends house for some multiplayer action, before picking it up myself when I've finished the Gears of War campaign, very excited!

Not this coming week but the one after (from Sunday onwards) I'll have a week and a Wii U to myself so would be up for some online Runbow shenanigans if any one else is getting it :) in fact, do we have a Runbow thread?

In fact, do we have a Runbow thread?

Not sure. If not, why don't you thread it up and tell us all about Runbow and why you are so excited about it? : peace:

Hang on... Runbow is online?

Yes has an online mode where you can play with randoms or friends and do the levels that way.

I have to say, Runbow is absolutely brilliant fun. My friend compared it to Super Meat Boy (which I've never played) but this is exactly the sort of game Nintendo had in mind when saying that local multiplayer is still important.

I can imagine on your own it will be an intense platformer with some challenging and infuriating moments. In local multiplayer it is just an absolute blast! Haven't laughed so much playing a game for ages, just pure fun!

And the ability to either help or hinder each other is so simple yet so effective, it's brilliantly executed.

In my opinion, everyone should be seriously considering picking this up, just a great indie game. In fact, a great game full stop! :)

Yep. I also concur with these sentiments. Found the online a bit buggy, but when you actually play the game it has such a good one more go feeling.

This Thursday 10th September all these hit the Wii U eShop;

Wii U eShop

The Swindle (Curve Digital, €12.49 / £9.99 until 24th September, regular price €14.99 / £11.99)

Star Sky (JMJ Interactive, €4.00 / £3.60)

Wii U Retail Download

Super Mario Maker (Nintendo, €39.99 / £34.99) – Available from Friday 11th September.

Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte, €6.49 / £5.49 until 10th October, regular price €12.99 / £10.99)

Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte, €8.49 / £6.99 until 10th October, regular price €16.99 / £13.99)

TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 1st October, regular price €7.99 / £6.99)

17th of September is the time for all this on your Wii U;

Wii U eShop

Year Walk (Simogo, £6.29 / €6.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Nintendo, GBA VC, £6.29 / €6.99)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (Nintendo, DS VC, £8.99 / €9.99)

Tecmo Bowl (TECMO KOEI GAMES, NES VC, £3.49 / €4.99)

Wii U Special Offers

Fit Music (O2 GAMES)- €12.90 / £11.90 until 15/10/2015.

Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios) – €1.29 / £0.94 until 01/10/2015.

Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios) – €3.19 / £2.69 until 01/10/2015.

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 GAMES) – €12.90 / £11.90 until 15/10/2015.

Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games) – €4.99 / £4.49 until 24/09/2015.

Spot The Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games) – €2.99 / £2.69 until 24/09/2015.

Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge) – €3.19 / £2.87 until 24/09/2015.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread but does anyone have a list of Wii titles on the Wii U eshop that allow you to use the gamepad as the controller?