NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

That's a fantastic price for Shantae 3. I wonder whether I should try the Trine games.

Really good prices for some games I wanted (I need some platformers....), but can someone explain what do I have to have to be able to use these prices? Thx.

Really good prices for some games I wanted (I need some platformers....), but can someone explain what do I have to have to be able to use these prices? Thx.

You just need to already own one of them on your Wii U.

That's a fantastic price for Shantae 3. I wonder whether I should try the Trine games.

Trine 2 has a demo you can try.

You just need to already own one of them on your Wii U.

Damn.... I will probably buy Toki Tori for 1,99 euros and in that way activate the sale prices.

Thx for the answer.

Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid stated that if you bought the 3DS version of Xeodrifter already when the Wii U version comes out you'll get a free download code. Looks like he's had to take that back though.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/07/early_adopters_of_xeodrifter_actually_may_not_receive_a_free_copy_of_the_wii_u_port, but it will be cross-buy for those that buy it after the release of the Wii U version.

Jools Watsham @JoolsWatsham

Due to technical limitations outside of our control, we may not be able to offer a free Wii U copy of Xeodrifter to current 3DS owners. :(

12:26 PM - 7 Jul 2015

We'll still support cross-buy, but only those who buy 3DS/Wii U after Wii U is launched might get a DL code for other SKU on their receipt.

12:26 PM - 7 Jul 2015

I am very sorry about this. I want early adopters of Xeodrifter to be rewarded with Wii U for free, but it may not be possible.

12:27 PM - 7 Jul 2015

To be able to see the games on sale for today, do I first have to purchase one of the games, or they just didn't put it on yet?

PS

OK It looks like it's still not activated.

PPS

Swords and Soldiers looks interesting, is it good? Or should I use something else. I will spend only 5,5 euros max and have to buy one game full price, so it will be Toki Tori as it is the cheapest, so I will only have 3,5 euros left :D.

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

To be able to see the games on sale for today, do I first have to purchase one of the games, or they just didn't put it on yet?

PS

OK It looks like it's still not activated.

PPS

Swords and Soldiers looks interesting, is it good? Or should I use something else. I will spend only 5,5 euros max and have to buy one game full price, so it will be Toki Tori as it is the cheapest, so I will only have 3,5 euros left :D.

The sale won't take effect until 2:00pm UK time. That's when the eShop updates to this week's downloads.

To see the discounted prices, yes you'll have to purchase Toki Tori first, then it'll indicate their sale prices in Pink/Purple.

3,5 Euros left leaves you choosing between Swords and Soldiers, or Edge and Rush. Both the latter are puzzle games in a similar vein to each other, nice, but short lived experiences (worth the little asking sale price in my opinion). I don't know about the 2D tower defence game S&S much though, but it seems to be highly regarded for its genre, good on the Wii U, not so on the 3DS which has technical problems.

If you had a little more money I would definitely recommend Bit Trip Runner 2, highly enjoyable runner game, Guacamelee, which is one of my favourite download games on the Wii U, or Trine 2, which is best played with others.

Edited by londragon

Thx a lot, what about Mighty Switch Force?

Edited by Kounan

Thx a lot, what about Mighty Switch Force?

Awesome games, as long as you like puzzles + platforming. They're very difficult. I recommend those and Shantae 3, but then I'm a massive WayForward fan!

Thx, I've bought Toki Tori, S&S and will probably get MSF, I need some platformers while waiting for Bataman Arkham City to arrive (I still have to finish Zombie U, but don't want to do it before Batman is here).

EDIT: I've bought MSF and it looks really good. I just hoped that you can play it on the pad (maybe you can, didn't have enough time to test it). Anyway I like all three of the games and it was really great price to get them. I would have probably got all of the games on sale if I did have the money :D.

MSF is a great game. I own pretty much all of those indies but I'll get trine 1 (despite having trine 2 since launch and not finishing it :) )

MSF can be played on the pad only, which is great :). I am enjoying the games and they should last quite a long time as I am only playing them when putting my daughter to sleep.

Any got/comment on Giana Sisters? It looks vibrant which is pulling me, but I don't know much else about it. Apparently a bit old school in its gameplay - not keen to get bored too quick.

Thinking I might pick a few of these up. I'm a sucker for sales.

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (Nintendo, Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

The Black Hole Army is back in this storming sequel to the acclaimed strategy game. Enemy CO Sturm is leading a new invasion force, and it’ll take the combined might of all armies to stop him. Play as several COs from across the world, each with their own unique abilities and CO Powers that can turn the tide of battle. Advance Wars 2 also features new army units like the destructive Neotank, and missile silos for long-range warfare. Plus there is also a map designer for you to create your own battlegrounds, so let your imagination run wild!

Working towards that new Advance Wars release, I see...

family-guy-good-good-evil-cockroach.gif

Wii U eShop releases for 23rd July;

Wii U eShop

Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio, €11.95 / £10.80 until 6th August, regular price €13.95 / £12.59)

Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios, €2.69 / £1.89)

Wii U Virtual Console

Yoshi Touch & Go (Nintendo, DS VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

The games to hit the Wii U eShop this Thursday are;

Wii U eShop

BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition (Frogmind, €9.99 / £8.99 until 13th August, regular price €11.99 / £10.79)

Wii U Retail Download

Legend of Kay Anniversary (Nordic Games, €29.99 / £19.99 ) – Available on Friday 28th July.

Wii U Retail Demo

Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft, free)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Elliot Quest (PlayEveryWare, €10.99 / £8.00 until 13th August, regular price €12.99 / £9.49)

TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 13th August, regular price €7.99 / £6.99)

Wii U Retail Download

Legend of Kay Anniversary

Is this a good game? Looks interesting.

Wii U eShop releases hitting us this Thursday 6th August.

Wii U eShop

Beatbuddy (Threaks, €8.99 / £8.09) – Available from Wednesday 5th August.

Sanatory Hallways (Wegenbartho, €9.99 / £8.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

Star Fox Command (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99 / £8.99)

Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber (Nintendo, DS VC, €9.99 / £8.99)

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital, €6.99 / £5.99 until 27th August, regular price €13.99 / £12.99)

High Strangeness (Midnight City, €4.99 / £4.49 until 9th August, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia, €3.14 / £2.69 until 5th September, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia, €3.69 / £3.33 until 5th September, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

Color Zen (Cypronia, €2.24 / £2.24 until 5th September, regular price €2.99 / £2.99)

Color Zen Kids (Cypronia, €2.24 / £2.24 until 5th September, regular price €2.99 / £2.99)

My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia, €3.74 / £3.35 until 5th September, regular price €4.99 / £4.49)

My Style Studio: Notebook (Cypronia, €2.39 / £2.15 until 5th September, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 3rd September, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 3rd September, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99 / £3.59 until 3rd September, regular price €5.99 / £5.39)

Darksiders II - will be 12,99 euros (9,99 pounds). I am thinking of getting it, is it good? Should I get it? I didn't play the first one.

Darksiders II - will be 12,99 euros (9,99 pounds). I am thinking of getting it, is it good? Should I get it? I didn't play the first one.

From your perspective in that you seem to be mostly buying digital games due to the extortionate prices where you are on physical games - if I'm understanding your situation correctly - I would say that Darksiders II is almost certainly worth buying for £9.99 as it is a good game.

But go into it with the perspective that it will be a one-off enjoyable experience because sadly we won't be seeing any more games in the series as THQ went down the pan a while ago, I have both titles on the Xbox 360, otherwise I'd have considered this as well.

Also regarding Legend of Kay Anniversary, I have it, plan to review it but haven't unsealed it yet as I'm working on other reviews but I'll see about playing it within the next few weeks, by which time it will probably be cheaper anyway.

Hope this helps. : peace:

Thx, it helps, I will get it then. There is a good offer on humble bundle, so I wasn't sure what to get (maybe I'll get both). And yes, for 9.99 there is nothing I can get, maybe COD 2 Black Ops on Rakuten and that's it.

Welcome to the limited edition eShop news (limited as in lacking content); 13th August releases.

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man & Bass (Capcom, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Darksiders II (Nordic Games, €12.49 / £9.99 until 27th August, regular price €49.99 / £39.99)

Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 20th August, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)

Spot the Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 20th August, regular price €5.00 / £4.49)

Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €3.99 / £3.35 until 20th August, regular price €11.99 / £9.99)

Freedom Planet delayed.

As luck would have it, a serious bug in the Wii U version of Freedom Planet was found today that causes Wii U consoles to freeze, requiring a hard reset of the system. This bug only occurs in retail versions of the console, so neither Nintendo nor MP2 experienced the issue and we were only made aware of it by members of the press who tried the game over the past couple days.

We cannot allow the game to launch in a state that would potentially cause damage to Wii U consoles or make players think there is something wrong with their console, so we are delaying again until the issue is fixed. No one is more disappointed at this than me, but we have to do what we have to do.

Thank you for your patience and we will continue to update you on the status of our Wii U release.

- Stephen