NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

This weeks Wii U eShop releases.

[*]Yoshi's Woolly World £34.99 (€39.99)

[*]Free Bonus Game until 23rd July 2015: Download Code for Yoshi Touch & Go for Wii U included as a free bonus for every purchase of Yoshi’s Woolly World from Nintendo eShop. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase and on the receipt. The download code is valid until 21st August 2015.

I didn't know they were including a free download of Yoshi Touch n Go for a digital download. :)

Pretty good. Though I guess they need to try and entice some people with a digital copy seeing as one of the boxed versions comes with that amiibo!

To be fair, after the dust settles they should just let Yoshi Touch & Go become a general freebie, or at least discount it to half price, it's hardly a game, more an extended demo. :heh:

I paid full rrp for it back in the day. :blank:

[/NotBitter] ;)

Some nice news for those who haven't yet pounced on Gunman Clive 1 & 2 on 3DS; a HD collection of the two games is coming to Wii U soon :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070891

For those who have played them... The following differences apply...

1080p, 4x AA, support for Wiimote/Wiimote & Chuck/Pro Controller/Classic Controller, Chieftain Bob playable in Gunman Clive 1.

Should I get Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, Batman Arkham Origins, Call of Duty Ghost, or Call of Duty Black Ops?

Should I get Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, Batman Arkham Origins, Call of Duty Ghost, or Call of Duty Black Ops?

Arkham City. Amazing game.

Thank you, I've ordered it, even if I didn't fancy it, but have to try it as people do seem to like it :). Was 8,58 pound (shipment included in the price :) ).

Arkham CIty is amazing, truly a Metroid/Zelda game with flowing combat, well integrated stealth and flight sections. The GamePad use makes this the definitive issue. Some people have complained of the frame rate, but I didn't have any problems (bar one Wii U lock-up) throughout my play through. I now want to play through it again.

I'hope I am going to like it :), but first let's hope the shipment has no problems :D.

Such a shame that Arkham Asylum didnt make it to the Wii U as well. I understand Arkham Knight not coming but its both Asylum and City play quite differently with the more cramped, Asylum and the more open City.

Such a shame that Arkham Asylum didnt make it to the Wii U as well. I understand Arkham Knight not coming but its both Asylum and City play quite differently with the more cramped, Asylum and the more open City.

It's still quite disgusting they never released them both in a pack at launch! They were old games, much cheaper on other platforms and they charged full price for one game.

I'hope I am going to like it :), but first let's hope the shipment has no problems :D.

Whilst we're on the theme of third party Wii U ports, I would place Deus Ex Human Revolution DX absolutely at the top of the pile, presuming you've not already played it.

No I haven't, but it has to be on sale for me to buy it :), as "big" money I am prepared only to sell on Nintendo IP's because I don't have many as I've bought the console not that long ago :).

Check the eShop price. I don't think it's very very cheap on there (like ZombiU), but I'm sure it's below RRP.

Arkham CIty is amazing, truly a Metroid/Zelda game with flowing combat, well integrated stealth and flight sections. The GamePad use makes this the definitive issue. Some people have complained of the frame rate, but I didn't have any problems (bar one Wii U lock-up) throughout my play through. I now want to play through it again.

Arkham City is fantastic. Looks great as well on the big screen.

However, it is the one game which really put me off the whole WiiU Off-TV screen thing. I tried playing that on the GamePad screen and it is just so incredible difficult to see what the hell you're doing or where you're flying. It's designed for the big screen.

Check the eShop price. I don't think it's very very cheap on there (like ZombiU), but I'm sure it's below RRP.

I am using Rakuten/Base to order games now, as at the end it's cheaper, because I don't have to pay tax if it's under 25 euros. Rakuten/Base give sometimes free points, like few day ago (500) which is worth 5 pounds so with that the game was less then 9 pounds at the and :).

I will try the same deal with Deux Ex, unless there is some big sale on eshop.

Edited by Kounan

Nintendo keeping digital prices up, hints at mild compensation

Tied to new membership program

Nintendo's Satoru Iwata addressed the fact that eShop games are priced the same as their retail counterparts despite the cost savings of digital distribution. This comes from an investor briefing reported live by Nstyles and translated by Cheesemeister. According to Iwata, it's about maintaining perceived value, not unlike why Nintendo retail games are almost never priced down.

"We believe download versions have the same value and should be priced the same," Iwata said. "Some companies price downloads cheaper due to the there being no used sales or store price reductions. We stress the value of Nintendo software, so we price the same."

Ok, but that doesn't necessarily excuse why we should pay the same. Digital has convenience, physical has safer ownership (save for snapping a disc with your fat ass) and saved hard drive space. "We plan to provide some benefit with the new membership service starting in the fall," Iwata added.

You may remember that Club Nintendo is closing and that Nintendo is starting a new membership program this fall co-developed by mobile partner DeNA. It, "can be deployed on multiple devices, such as Nintendo's game systems, smart devices and PCs." Not sure how the service could give added value just to those who buy digitally, though.

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-keeping-digital-prices-up-hints-at-mild-compensation-294973.phtml

I don't agree with that statement at all, especially his reasoning. Had he said that they need to keep the prices the same to keep retailers happy, then I would have no issue with that.

Digital games SHOULD be cheaper due to the retailer costs not being a factor. Sadly, most of the companies either charge the same or even more than what retailers offer.

Doing promotions, such as the Yoshi Woolly World one, is a step in the right direction, though.

This weeks eShop downloads.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99

Join legendary hero Link as he journeys across Hyrule, and even through time, to thwart the plans of Ganondorf. Wield incredible weapons and items, battle ferocious bosses, and solve brain-teasing puzzles, in this acclaimed chapter of the Zelda series. Whether you’re experiencing it for the first time or not, the original Nintendo 64 version is a treasure of gaming history; introducing ground-breaking new 3D visuals, plus a highly influential combat system and a captivating story. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece!

This is the European version of the game with corrected aspect ratio. If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (Nintendo, DS VC) - €9.99/£8.99

Discover the origins of the Fire Emblem saga! As young hero Marth, you must reclaim your stolen homeland and save your sister from the evil forces of Medeus. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is an enhanced Nintendo DS remake of the original Fire Emblem for Famicom, previously released only in Japan. Assemble an army and plot your strategy in turn-based battles, taking into consideration the terrain, unit strengths and weaknesses, to defeat enemy forces. Become a hero, save the kingdom and your family’s future!

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (Nintendo, Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

The Black Hole Army is back in this storming sequel to the acclaimed strategy game. Enemy CO Sturm is leading a new invasion force, and it’ll take the combined might of all armies to stop him. Play as several COs from across the world, each with their own unique abilities and CO Powers that can turn the tide of battle. Advance Wars 2 also features new army units like the destructive Neotank, and missile silos for long-range warfare. Plus there is also a map designer for you to create your own battlegrounds, so let your imagination run wild!

LEGO Jurassic World (WB Games, available June 30) - €49.99/£34.99

Following the epic storylines of Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III, as well as the highly anticipated Jurassic World, LEGO Jurassic World is the first videogame where players will be able to relive and experience all four Jurassic films. Reimagined in LEGO form and told in TT Games’ signature classic LEGO humour, the thrilling adventure recreates unforgettable scenes and action sequences from the films, allowing fans to play through key moments and giving them the opportunity to fully explore the expansive grounds of Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

Roving Rogue (PadaOne Games) - €7.99/£7.19

Every story has a beginning. But this one starts at the end. You just killed the last boss. The only thing you remember is that you’ve lost your memory. Well, at least you’re still able to teleport yourself a few metres... Is that it? Play the role of Kurt and discover a fun, old-school 2D platform game with a multiplayer mode. Explore over 40 levels as you try to recall your memories and look for the way back to... well... wherever it is you came from. A story told backwards, full of twists and surprises. More than 40 levels that will challenge even the most experienced players. A multiplayer mode in which you can help your friends... or make their lives miserable. Classic pixel-art aesthetics that will take you back to the golden age of video games. Welcome to Roving Rogue!

Special offers

SDK Paint (Hullbreach Studios) - €3.39/£2.99 (Ends July 9, normally €4.49/£3.99)

Ittle Dew (Ludosity) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 30, normally €9.99/£8.99)

I don't agree with that statement at all, especially his reasoning. Had he said that they need to keep the prices the same to keep retailers happy, then I would have no issue with that.

That's obviously the main reason, he just can't come out and say it.

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising Wii U Virtual Console trailer (Europe)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Wii U Virtual Console trailer (Europe)

Two cracking DS games this week. Unfortunately I have to put the obligatory 'I wish this was on the 3DS instead'.

Lego: JW is there a mistake with the UK price?

No, at least that's what the official Nintendo press release has the price down for. Most Lego games (on Wii U) retail for that price in the UK.

Nice sale this week, 9th July Wii U eShop downloads;

Wii U eShop

Never Alone (E-Line Media, €14.99 / £12.99 )

Funk of Titans (EnjoyUp Games, €8.99 / £8.09)

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun & Blue Moon (Capcom, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Wii U eShop ‘Epic Indie Sale’

You need to own one or more of these Wii U eShop games on the same NNID, then the following offers are applicable;

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Choice Provisions, €4.79 / £3.99 until 23rd July, regular price €11.99 / £9.99)

EDGE (Two Tribes, €0.79 / £0.71 until 23rd July, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games, €5.99 / £5.19 until 23rd July, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Drinkbox Studios, €5.59 / £4.79 until 23rd July, regular price €13.99 / £11.99)

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward, €2.00 / £2.00 until 23rd July, regular price €5.00 / £5.00)

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward, €3.99 / £3.59 until 23rd July, regular price €9.99 / £8.99)

RUSH (Two Tribes, €0.79 / £0.71 until 23rd July, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (WayForward, €6.79 / £6.39 until 23rd July, regular price €16.99 / £15.99)

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party (KnapNok Games, €3.59 / £3.20 until 23rd July, regular price €8.99 / £8.00)

Swords & Soldiers (Two Tribes, €1.19 / £0.99 until 23rd July, regular price €2.99 / £2.69)

Toki Tori (Two Tribes, €0.79 / £0.69 until 23rd July, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

Toki Tori 2 + (Two Tribes, €5.99 / £5.19 until 23rd July, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)

Trine 2: Director’s Cut (Frozenbyte, €6.79 / £5.39 until 23rd July, regular price €16.99 / £13.99)

Trine Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte, €5.19 / £4.39 until 23rd July, regular price €12.99 / £10.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Spot the Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 16th July, regular price €5.00 / £4.49)

Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games, €4.99 / £4.49 until 16th July, regular price €6.99 / £5.99)