NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Don't Starve is a game I will surely buy some time, but I'll wait for the inherent price drop.

Been really active with eShop/Indie games lately as I love the more snack sized puzzlers.

Bought and played Boxboy!!, Affordable Space Adventures, Steamworld Dig, Thomas was Alone and both Mighty Switchforce games over the last two months.

This weeks Wii U eShop downloads are as follows:

Wii U eShop

Don't Starve: Giant Edition (Klei Entertainment, €13.99 / £12.59) - An intriguing and stylish survival experience that has been critically acclaimed. The Wii U version also comes with the Reign of Giants expansion pack as part of the main game, while utilising the GamePad for inventory management and off-TV play. We'll try and survive to bring you a review soon.

FullBlast (EnjoyUp Games, €4.99 / £4.40 until 2nd July, then €5.99 / £5.39) - Previously released on smart devices and Ouya, this adds to the small band of shmup titles on Nintendo's home platform, in this case with a focus on vertical scrolling and some boss set pieces. It supports two player co-op, too, and we'll give it a blast for review.

Wii U Virtual Console

Big Brain Academy (Nintendo, €6.99 / £6.29) - A title that helped to define the concept of the DS, and contributed a great deal to the portable's incredible success, arrives as the latest in the limited - to date - batch of DS titles on Wii U. A collection of minigames to test your faculties and (hopefully) show progress with practice, we gave this a reasonable if not glowing recommendation in our original Big Brain Academy review.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 2nd July, normally €2.49 / £2.29)

99Seconds (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 2nd July, normally €2.49 / £2.29)

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 2nd July, normally €1.99 / £1.79

Darts Up (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 2nd July, normally €2.49 / £2.29)

Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 2nd July, normally €5.99 / £5.39)

Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99 / £3.59until 2nd July, normally €6.99 / £6.29)

Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games, €3.99 / £3.59 until 2nd July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Unepic (EnjoyUp Games, €4.99 / £4.40 until 2nd July, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Spot the Differences: Party! (Sanuk Games, €2.99 / £2.69 until 11th June, normally €5.00 / £4.49)

Turtle Tale (Saturnine Games, €1.99 / £1.65 until 18th June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)

So again :) :

Which one should I get, Unepic, Spy Chameleon, or FullBlast?

Unepic has good reviews, so it is my favourite, but I am still not sure what to choose.

Don't Starve is a great game, was one of the first indie games I bought when I got my PS4 last year. Highly recommend it.

Thx. I will wait a week or so, as maybe I will get some money and be able to purchase Splatoon, or something in that range. It's not likely, but I let's try it :D.

This Thursday's rather lean offerings;

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue & White (Capcom, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Cubemen 2 (Nnooo, €4.49 / £3.99 until 25th June, regular price €7.99 / £6.99)

Fit Music for Wii U (O2 Games, €12.90 / £9.90 until 11th July, regular price €29.99 / £24.90)

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (O2 Games, €12.90 / £9.90 until 11th July, regular price €29.99 / £24.90)

There is no mention of Lego: Jurassic World??

It seems that if you get Don't Starve, you also get a free download code for the game.

I wanted to ask if I get the game is anyone interested in swaping the code for some other game?

Nintendo had added demos of upcoming Indie games to the eShop:

Runbow

RIVE

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge

Soul Axiom

forma.8

Typoman

Extreme Exorcism

Freedom Planet

Lovely Planet.

You get 15% off the final version if you play the demo.

Special Nindies @ Home deal

This #E3, try #Nindies @ Home on #WiiU #eShop: play 9 demos of upcoming indie games from now until 22/06!

Play these #Nindies @ Home #E3 demos and you can get 15% off the full games later.

Eligible titles:

Extreme Exorcism from Ripstone: In this paranormal Wii U platformer, every move players make comes back to haunt them. After each round players survive, a ghost will appear to mimic their every move from the round before. The longer a player survives, the more extreme the game becomes. The game offers 20 ghostbusting weapons, 50 challenges and co-op or deathmatch battles for up to four friends. The full game is scheduled to launch in Q3.

forma.8 from Mixed Bag: In a distant future, the small exploration probe forma.8 is stranded alone on the surface of an alien planet. Players must explore a huge open world to help the probe acquire 10 different power-ups and recover a powerful energy source deep under the surface. The game includes an area exclusive to the Wii U version. The full game is scheduled to launch this autumn.

Freedom Planet from GalaxyTrail Games: Players fight their way across the celestial world of Avalice, where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the butt kicking. This cartoony, combat-based platform Wii U adventure pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force. The full game is scheduled to launch in August.

Lovely Planet from tinybuild and QUICKTEQUILA: This first-person shooter gun ballet for Wii U is set in a cutesy abstract world. Players jump and shoot their way through five worlds full of treacherous enemies with your trusty semi-automatic. The game offers a hundred levels to master and five worlds to discover, with multiple secrets hidden deep within each world. The full game is scheduled to launch in December.

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge from Renegade Kid: This platformer picks up right where the original Mutant Mudds left off. The game, which is exclusive to Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, includes 40 new dimension-bending levels and epic boss fights designed for super players. The full game is scheduled to launch this summer.

RIVE from Two Tribes: This metal wrecking, robot hacking Wii U shooter combines old-school gaming values in a new-school execution. With intense 360-degree shooting and platforming action, players learn to alter the behaviour of their robotic enemies by collecting and uploading hacks. The full game is scheduled to launch in November.

Runbow from 13AM Games: Up to nine players can join in the colourful chaos in this Nintendo eShop exclusive. The world transforms before players’ eyes with each swipe of colour, so think fast to stay alive. Go head to head in Run, Arena and King of the Hill, or play as the ColorMaster and manipulate the environment on the Wii U GamePad controller. Players can take on challenges alone or with friends in Runbow’s Adventure Mode. The full game also features guest characters from other Nintendo eShop titles. The full game is scheduled to launch in Q3.

Soul Axiom from Wales Interactive: More than 40 unique locations await in this first-person sci-fi Wii U adventure. The game is a psychological thriller with exploration and puzzle elements. Players interact with cryptic logic puzzles, make psychological decisions and explore memories to unlock the secrets of their identity. The full game is scheduled to launch in Q4.

Typoman from Headup Games: Change Words, Change Worlds! Typoman is a two-dimensional puzzle platformer distinguished by a unique game world. Be the HERO and set out on the journey to become whole and gain the powers you need to defeat the giant, evil demon that rules the world you are trapped in. The full game is scheduled to launch in Q3.

Nintendo had added demos of upcoming Indie games to the eShop:

Runbow

RIVE

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge

Soul Axiom

forma.8

Typoman

Extreme Exorcism

Freedom Planet

Lovely Planet.

You get 15% off the final version if you play the demo.

Fantastic deal!

I am not to happy, as I don't know when are they coming out and I did hope for some bigger titles to be on sale. Thank

God I've got RE:R on time. Also, 15% can't be a big saving on an indie game, but the demos are great for promotion of the games.

Anyway, is Splatoon the best 40€ games, or can I get something better for that kind of money?

Or should I by two games for that money?

Edited by Kounan

I've just played through The Freedom Planet trial. Awesome! It feels like I'm playing a Megadrive game. The visuals, soundtrack and level layout all scream the classic Sega console. Definitely a day 1 purchase.

@S\.C\.G, @RedShell make sure to check it out.

I have about 55-60 euros to spend and I am thinking of getting Splatoon and Don't Starve, but I am still not sure about don't starve (it looks like I could like it, but....). Also, what is a better game, Splatoon, or Hyrule Warriors?

I loved the Splatoon demo and I did like the gameplay for Hyrule Warriors (I saw it only on youtube), so I am not sure what to get, or should I go after something else (Splatoon is my favourite as I don't think it will be on sale any time soon).

EDIT: I've just checked, Don't Starve is 8,99 euros on Steam, so I will not get the game now, will wait for some offer (unless someone want to exchange another game for the code I would get).

Edited by Kounan

My vote goes to Hyrule Warriors.

Everyone else will disagree with me.

What? Now :mad::D? I've already bought Splatoon :shakehead, it's downloading right now.

Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €6.99 / £6.29 until 25th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)

I have played the demo and it looked interesting, but I only played for about 10 minutes, so I am not quite sure what to think of this game?

Hyrule Warriors 34,99euros (30% off)... Only till the 22nd, have no Idea if I will have the money in time....

Edited by Kounan

E3 Discounts

Hyrule Warriors £27.99

Mario Power Tennis £4.40

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga £4.40

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones £4.40

Metroid Prime Trilogy £12.59

Does Metroid Prime has to be played with Wii Motion plus, can I use the pad's motion controls?

Edited by Kounan

Does Metroid Prime has to be played with Wii Motion plus, can I use the pad's motion controls?

Wii Mote, just like on the Wii, no GamePad gyro controls.

Nindies offer might be the highlight of Nintendo's E3 for me.

Rive and Freedom planet are both top notch! The latter feels like a combination of Sonic, Dynamite Heady, Rocket Knight and Ristar - pure bliss! Looks great on the gamepad screen too.

Wii Mote, just like on the Wii, no GamePad gyro controls.

Thx :).

Btw.

Wii U Retail Games

Mario Party 10 ($34.99, normally $49.99)

Super Mario 3D World ($41.99, normally $59.99)

New Super Mario Bros. U ($41.99, normally $59.99)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker ($27.99, normally $39.99)

Hyrule Warriors ($41.99, normally $59.99)

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD ($34.99, normally $49.99)

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes ($13.99, normally $19.99)

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham ($20.99, normally $29.99)

LEGO The Hobbit ($13.99, normally $19.99)

The LEGO Movie ($13.99, normally $19.99)

Just Dance 4 ($27.99, normally $39.99)

Just Dance 2014 ($27.99, normally $39.99)

Just Dance 2015 ($27.99, normally $39.99)

Just Dance Kids 2014 ($13.99, normally $19.99)

Wii Party U ($27.99, normally $39.99)

Why not for us :mad::mad:??????

Axiom Verge 'probably' coming to Wii U in 2016

294521-AxiomV.jpg

Destructoid has had Metroid on the brain all week. Believe it or not, we've secretly been holding back from writing more about the series than we already have. We almost put together a feature about some of the awesome looking Metroid-likes that are currently on the horizon (including Ghost Song, Chasm, and Paradise Lost) but we didn't want to burn you out on the topic.

Our current Metroid obsession may be nearly as intense as the love that Axiom Verge developer Tom Happ feels for the series. Probably not though. Few people love Metroid enough to spend five years of their life working on a game that's basically a love letter to Metroid and Super Metroid, but that's exactly what he did. Even fewer people would probably use the Destructoid comments section to tell the world that he "...can't commit to anything, but Axiom Verge will *probably* be available for Wii U in 2016. 3DS is quite a bit more difficult since the hardware is so completely different. Should Nintendo be reading this and decide to lend me a hand, that'd be VERY appreciated!!"

Operation AxiomMergeTroid anyone?http://www.destructoid.com/axiom-verge-probably-coming-to-wii-u-in-2016-294521.phtml

That's great news if it happens. I wish Nintendo would make a new 2D Metroid game and put it on the Wii U.

This weeks Wii U eShop releases.

Wii U

• Yoshi's Woolly World £34.99 (€39.99)
  • Free Bonus Game until 23rd July 2015: Download Code for Yoshi Touch & Go for Wii U included as a free bonus for every purchase of Yoshi’s Woolly World from Nintendo eShop. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase and on the receipt. The download code is valid until 21st August 2015.
  • Art Academy: Atelier 21.40 (€26), normally £24.99 (€29.99) Discount of £3.59 (€3.99) on Art Academy: Atelier for users who have downloaded Art Academy: SketchPad on the same Wii U.
  • Cube Life: Island Survival £5.39 (€6.99)
  • Shiftlings £13.99 (€14.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

• Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain? £6.29 (€6.99)
  • Kirby: Mouse Attack £8.99 (€9.99)
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards £8.99 (€9.99) - This is the US version
  • Yoshi's Touch & Go Download Code for Yoshi Touch & Go for Wii U included as a free bonus for every purchase of Yoshi’s Woolly World from Nintendo eShop. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase and on the receipt. The download code is valid until 21st August 2015.

Price Reductions for Wii U

• Knytt Underground, Ripstone Publishing – £3.99 (€4.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £7.99 (€8.99)
  • Paper Monsters Recut, Mobot Studios – £2.79 (€3.29) until 2nd July 2015, normally £5.49 (€6.49)
  • Pure Chess, Ripstone Publishing – £2.49 (€2.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.99 (€5.99)
  • Puzzle Monkeys, Log Games – £1.49 (€1.49) until 23rd July 2015, normally £2.99 (€2.99)
  • Stick it to the Man, Ripstone Publishing – £3.49 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £6.99 (€7.99)

Edited by Wii

I am still upset about the deal for Europe after E3, because the Americans had 5-6 great games on sale.

Just a quick reminder that the Nindies offer ends today, so if you want a 15% discount when the full game arrives you had better download the demo quickly.

I mentioned earlier that I downloaded and loved Freedom Plant. I've got Rive, Typoman and Runbow to have a gander at. The rest don't really interest me.